Good Karma Recipe Thread

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
tkp67

Good Karma Recipe Thread

Post by tkp67 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:22 pm

The talk about diet and precepts, the differences in perceptions and the impact these different perceptions had left me thinking (as these things always do) what if people shared recipes they thought exemplified palate, health and sustainability (including reasonable to prepare).

For me some part of changing diet that is difficult is a lack of having knowledge of nutritional alternatives including how to plan and prepare them.

I thought this might be a way to share the experience in a different way to facilitate change and evoke positive interactions regardless of perceptions regarding precepts.

I guess I simply feel as if exposure can inspire, plus I struggle with trying to transition because of ignorance so why not try to find some core recipes to expand my dietary repertoire.

Thank You in Advance.

LastLegend

Re: Good Karma Recipe Thread

Post by LastLegend » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:34 pm

I read a book called Zen Macrobiotics. In the book, the author questions how does a cow turn grass into calcium? Yet we take vitamin supplements.
Very very clear superbly miraculously clear lol.

Interesting was told that the observer will get to a point it doesn’t know itself, yet there is the only remaining thing that knows.

tkp67

Re: Good Karma Recipe Thread

Post by tkp67 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Thank you that is an interesting suggestion. My journey has very much been an experience of seeing causation that I couldn't sense internally. My mind being that distance from knowing internal interactions through sensing.

As I get further along I am far more sensitive to how things make me feel including foods. There is so much we can learn from observing our own bodies.

Neat thing is I have spent most my life fundamentally disconnected from doing so because I couldn't tune in and sense it. Had too many things keeping my mind from being able to.

Practice however has slowly helped me tune in even without a direct focus on doing so. It wasn't a capacity of mine, but it developed.

As if waking from a dream ...

Still very difficult for me to broaden past the limited american diet I am familiar with as far as planning meals for family that are healthy/balanced. Basically all I know past some European diet influence from my youth.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”