Stabilizing the blood

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Ramon1920

Stabilizing the blood

Post by Ramon1920 »

Usually my heart works fine, but if I don't get a full night's sleep the next day I feel my blood pressure changing in regions of my body in an irregular and unpleasant way. What it feels like is happening is the pressure in parts of the body is fine but in the chest and stomach regions the pressure will drop, recover, drop, and recover. My occupation sometimes requires all night work and even when it does not, staying up late is sometimes necessary to keep my house and paper work in order. I've had some success focusing on the earth property in the body. I do drink an unreasonable amount of caffeine, but I am unwilling to give that up.

Besides getting a full night's sleep, any ideas on stabilizing the blood?
pemachophel

Re: Stabilizing the blood

Post by pemachophel »

Are you sure this is related to blood pressure? Sounds like it might be palpitations (i.e., irregular heartbeat). How long do these sensations last from drop to recovery?
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Ramon1920

Post by Ramon1920 »

It is somewhere in the range of 45 seconds. It comes back almost immediately after it goes.

It is almost the same feeling as when you're very anxious and you sigh and the blood feels like it's leaving the digestive area.

If I listen to my heart, it is beating regularly. So I think this is a vascular tension issue that is sending blood some places and restricting it elsewhere. I suppose I would need a radioactive dye mri to be sure.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon »

Let peace reign!

Metta,

Monsoon
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Ramon1920 wrote:I do drink an unreasonable amount of caffeine, but I am unwilling to give that up.
Well, to be honest, if you're not prepared to flex at all on this point, it's hard to think that you're too serious about achieving your health objective.

Have you tried yoga? Perhaps if you tried yoga once every 2-3 days and put the coffee away for approximately 6 or so hours prior to the yoga (replacing the coffee with water during that time) you might find benefit there.

I'm sure it would have general health benefits from its balancing effects. Would if specifically address the specific problem you raise? I don't know. It might depend on which asanas you were doing.

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Ramon1920

Post by Ramon1920 »

It looks like Monsoon has found what exactly it is!
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

:thumbsup:
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Have you tried seeing a doctor? I hear doctors can be prety good with health issues. Even Buddhist mediation masters go and visit them sometimes. ;)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

True indeed^:

http://www.tibetandoctors.com/

http://www.soriginstitute.org/soriginstitute

http://www.men-tsee-khang.org/college/faculty.htm

http://www.men-tsee-khang.org/aboutus/Physician.htm

http://shangshung.org/medicineprogram/p ... ctalks.php

The Wikipedia link that Monsoon posted above mentioned getting good blood-flow to the brain. Now I drink borderline unreasonable amounts of caffeine (thankfully without the mycotoxins found in cheap/common coffee) myself, sometimes (usually in the form of organically-grown Yerba Maté or Guayusa); but if you do have the condition explained in the said Wikipedia article, then you will surely want to cut down on caffeine at least to some degree, because caffeine constricts the blood vessels.

Himalaya Ayurvedics has a number of medicines for blood purification & flow/circulation:

Search: Himalayausa.com

Such as Shatavari and their HemoCare & HeartCare. :heart:

And their Ayurvedic Medicines are both Certified Organic and Double-Blind Tested.

As Retrofuturist alluded to, 'Khrul-'Khor and/or Hatha Yoga could help, such as Viparita Karani or Sirshasana known as the Sword in Yantra Yoga.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”