Tibetan medicine for tinnitus

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Punya

Tibetan medicine for tinnitus

Post by Punya » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:49 am

A friend of the family is seriously affected by tinnitus. I heard recently that there is a Tibetan medicine for the treatment of this condition. Can anyone provide more information?

Thanks
Punya
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Losal Samten

Re: Tibetan medicine for tinnitus

Post by Losal Samten » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:55 am

Supposedly agar-35 and bimala are said to help according to siddhienergetics. Some experiences:

http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tib ... 623/page-2
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།

Punya

Post by Punya » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:26 am

Thanks a lot for the link ML. Very informative.

I'd also be intererested in hearing from Malcolm when he's around or anyone else who practices Tibetan medicine.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:44 am

There is a techno-fix, too, Punya, although I don't know how well it works. The idea is that tinnitus is like static on an AM radio or pre-digital TV, and that you can swamp it by turning up the signal, i.e. by using hearing aids. Could be worth looking into, at least.

:namaste:
Kim

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:51 am

Kim O'Hara wrote:There is a techno-fix, too, Punya, although I don't know how well it works. The idea is that tinnitus is like static on an AM radio or pre-digital TV, and that you can swamp it by turning up the signal, i.e. by using hearing aids. Could be worth looking into, at least.

Kim

I have really bad tinnitus from an eardrum that burst multiple times, high and low tones, oddly enough with no hearing loss. It's true that white noise works really well can can sort of "cancel" it out. Even just going somewhere with lots of background noise can help. I think you can buy little deals that look like hearing aid but put out low level white noise like this.

For me after about a year my mind simply acclimatized to it, and tunes it out 90% of the time, which i've read is common, wish i'd have know at the outset because that year was miserable. The worst part I remember is I would dream and the people in my dream only talked in tinnitus tones.
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:32 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Kim O'Hara wrote:There is a techno-fix, too, Punya, although I don't know how well it works. The idea is that tinnitus is like static on an AM radio or pre-digital TV, and that you can swamp it by turning up the signal, i.e. by using hearing aids. Could be worth looking into, at least.

Kim

I have really bad tinnitus from an eardrum that burst multiple times, high and low tones, oddly enough with no hearing loss. It's true that white noise works really well can can sort of "cancel" it out. Even just going somewhere with lots of background noise can help. I think you can buy little deals that look like hearing aid but put out low level white noise like this.

For me after about a year my mind simply acclimatized to it, and tunes it out 90% of the time, which i've read is common, wish i'd have know at the outset because that year was miserable. The worst part I remember is I would dream and the people in my dream only talked in tinnitus tones.
Hi, JD,
I'm glad to hear that your tinnitus is not so troublesome as it was, but I need to clarify something about the "techno-fix".
What I was talking about was the use of hearing aids - simply as hearing aids - to boost the 'real' sounds (music, people talking, birds in the trees, whatever) reaching the brain so that the tinnitus is (relatively) inaudible and not troublesome - just as you might turn up the volume of your music system so that traffic noise is less obtrusive.
What you were talking about is simpler. If it does work, fine, but it sounds like it doesn't work the same way.

Kim

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”