Bought: The Truth Behind Vaccines, Big Pharma & Your Food

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Vajrasvapna

Bought: The Truth Behind Vaccines, Big Pharma & Your Food

Post by Vajrasvapna »

The link to a video about the risks of vaccination, which will continue free until March 6: https://www.boughtmovie.net/free-viewin ... AFFID=NONE

I recommend this course to anyone who wants information on vaccination: https://www.udemy.com/vaccines-demystif ... Ch9nH2v1rV
"People these days use whatever little dharma they know to augment afflictive emotion, and then engender tremendous pride and conceit over it. They teach the Dharma without taming their own minds. But as with a river rock , not even a hair’s tip of benefit penetrates the other people. Even worse, incorrigible people [are attracted] to this dharma that increases conflict. When individuals who could be tamed by the Dharma encounter such incorrigible, their desire for the sacred Dharma is lost. It is not the fault of the Dharma; it is the fault of individuals." Machik Labdron prophecy.
Simon E.

Re: Bought: The Truth Behind Vaccines, Big Pharma & Your Foo

Post by Simon E. »

Tinfoil hat anyone ?
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Loren

Post by Loren »

Couldn't view the movie but vaccines have brought a lot of good to the world. Almost all medical procedures have some risk.
Thank You and Ok!

aka Lorem
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

The eradication of smallpox for one.

And the eradication of polio was in sight but that has been put on hold due to the resistance to vaccines found in some Islamic cultures. So a residue of infection remains in Pakistan and a few other places.

Vajrasvapna

Post by Vajrasvapna »

Loren wrote:Couldn't view the movie but vaccines have brought a lot of good to the world. Almost all medical procedures have some risk.
The film and the course I shared are not really against vaccination, but explaining the associated risks and that some vaccines were not well researched and may contain toxic substances to the body. The video also talks about the potentially damaging effects of GMO and the power of the pharmaceutical industry in the United States and how it is profiting from poor health of the general population.

If you had some problem with the link, try this one: https://www.boughtmovie.net/
"People these days use whatever little dharma they know to augment afflictive emotion, and then engender tremendous pride and conceit over it. They teach the Dharma without taming their own minds. But as with a river rock , not even a hair’s tip of benefit penetrates the other people. Even worse, incorrigible people [are attracted] to this dharma that increases conflict. When individuals who could be tamed by the Dharma encounter such incorrigible, their desire for the sacred Dharma is lost. It is not the fault of the Dharma; it is the fault of individuals." Machik Labdron prophecy.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

GMO and vaccines have nothing at all to with each other.
And whatever trace elements of toxic material that vaccines contain are as nothing compared to the endotoxins and ectotoxins released by the smallpox or polio virus or the tuberculosis and tetanus bacillus.
And the American lack of a healthcare system is what has empowered big pharma.
Here in Europe big pharma is strictly managed both in terms of its profits and in its treatment regimes.

Kaccāni

Post by Kaccāni »

There have been cases of measles in Berlin lately for nondualism's sake. Now that really could have been gone. The only reason: People who cannot judge that there are two risks: One tiny karmic self-loop from vaccination, and one huge karmic backfire from society in case of an outbreak. If you compare these two risks at backfire (there are tons of statistics to draw from), then it is clear that the vaccination poses by far the smaller risk of the two (plus you interrupt a potential epidemic). It is not understandable how people can ignore this except by ignorance or misinformation.

That's approximately the same as saying "I rather drive by myself than fly". Dying on the road poses the bigger risk, but it comes with an illusion of control (if that truck from the other side of the road hits you or somebody changes lanes without seeing you there is exactly *no* control).

Maya, maya, maya.

Best wishes
Kc
Shush! I'm doing nose-picking practice!
Vajrasvapna

Post by Vajrasvapna »

Simon E. wrote:GMO and vaccines have nothing at all to with each other.
Both affect people's health and cause permanent damage.
And whatever trace elements of toxic material that vaccines contain are as nothing compared to the endotoxins and ectotoxins released by the smallpox or polio virus or the tuberculosis and tetanus bacillus.
And the American lack of a healthcare system is what has empowered big pharma.
Here in Europe big pharma is strictly managed both in terms of its profits and in its treatment regimes.
You could offer some studies that contradict the statements of the film? Again, the film is not against vaccination, only warn about the risks involved. My cat, as an example, almost died as a result of vaccination,. Would not it be important to inform about the risks of vaccination and perform an examination to check the immunity of who will be vaccinated? You could also offer some link to information on the pharmaceutical industry in European ?
Last edited by Vajrasvapna on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vajrasvapna

Post by Vajrasvapna »

Kaccāni wrote:If you compare these two risks at backfire (there are tons of statistics to draw from), then it is clear that the vaccination poses by far the smaller risk of the two (plus you interrupt a potential epidemic). It is not understandable how people can ignore this except by ignorance or misinformation.
Tell that to the mother of the child who died or became disabled as a result of vaccination.
Kaccāni

Post by Kaccāni »

Vajrasvapna wrote: Tell that to the mother of the child who died or became disabled as a result of vaccination.
I will. You may compare it with this:

Denying the vaccine can be compared to playing a lottery instead of getting a job with steady income to earn money. Yes. The mother with the child who won will probably not want to know much about jobs. It still is a wiser choice not to rely on the lottery. Just that there is a chance does not imply determinism. One can only compare risks. It is wiser to choose the lower risk. The risk is also lower on individual level.

The illusion you are propagating is that doing nothing creates no risk. In fact, doing nothing poses the *bigger* risk, and not only to the people themselves, but also society. Human drop dead or flight responses will not work in this instance. They're a broken strategy on the level of society. If you do want to emotionalize that, then you're practicing anti-Buddhism.

Best wishes
Kc
Shush! I'm doing nose-picking practice!
Loren

Post by Loren »

Swine flu (most likely). My son got it and gave it to my ex. She called me and said I'm so sick you have to come here. Finally everyone pulled through then I got it. From then on flu shots all around and no prob.

If there is a way to test for bad reactions to vaccines then we should work on that.
Thank You and Ok!

aka Lorem
Redfaery

Post by Redfaery »

Vajrasvapna wrote:Tell that to the mother of the child who died or became disabled as a result of vaccination.
HEY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, vaccines didn't give me autism, I was BORN THIS WAY. And guess what? I'd rather be the way I am now, and face the challenges I've faced with my disability than have suffered with the measles like my parents. My dad was almost BLINDED by measles. Until he had surgery recently, he had to wear corrective lenses to be able to see. Period. He was legally blind without them.

Blindess vs. Autism.

Oh....and I didn't get the MMR vaccine until I was 23. Must've been pretty strong to get me diagnosed at 15.
NAMO SARASWATI DEVI
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - GANDHI
I am a delicate feminine flower!!!!
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Vajrasvapna wrote:
Kaccāni wrote:If you compare these two risks at backfire (there are tons of statistics to draw from), then it is clear that the vaccination poses by far the smaller risk of the two (plus you interrupt a potential epidemic). It is not understandable how people can ignore this except by ignorance or misinformation.
Tell that to the mother of the child who died or became disabled as a result of vaccination.

There is no link between autism and vaccination. That claim originated from ONE maverick doctor who has since been stripped of his inclusion on the register of those able to practice medicine in the UK.. because his 'research' was shown clearly to be fraudulent.
By then the damage had been done and hundreds of parents were scared to have their child vaccinated...which resulted in epidemics of childhood illnesses like measles, mumps and rubella here in the UK.
All of those diseases carry risk..particularly measles which can result in blindness, deafness and brain damage..
Rubella carries a different kind of risk. It is a very mild illness, but pregnant women who contract it during the first three months of pregnancy have a significant risk of severe foetal damage.
Fortunately common sense broke in again and anxious parents once more started to present their children to vaccination programmes..and the incidence of those viral illnesses fell once more to a low level. But for two or three years hundreds of children, and a number of pregnant women were at risk.

Redfaery

Post by Redfaery »

:good: Thank you.

EDIT TO ADD

I should also say that I am deeply, deeply disturbed by the way many anti-vaxxers talk about autism. Putting aside the spurious links they claim, they paint a portrait of autistic individuals that is incredibly offensive. Just listen to Jenny McCarthy talk about her own son, who is very high-functioning and bright. She claims that she'd rather he have contracted measles than be as he is currently. WOW. He has what was once called Aspgergers syndrome. That's what *I* was diagnosed with. Do I seem horribly damaged? In her mind, she'd rather risk the possibility that he DIE or be blind or deaf, than be as he has been for most of his life to her. That is horrible.
NAMO SARASWATI DEVI
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - GANDHI
I am a delicate feminine flower!!!!
Koji

Post by Koji »

Jon Rappaport interviews an ex-vaccine worker

“Dr Mark Randall”:

http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/ex-vac ... interview/
Koji

Post by Koji »

It appears that the mechanism for ASD has been recently discovered. Nothing to do with vaccines. http://www.childrenshospitaloakland.org ... k-230.aspx
Anders

Post by Anders »

I generally think the anti-vaccine movement is largely based on misinformation and potentially very harmful to society.

I do think however, it's a bit tricky how, once you've reached this conclusion, to therefore assume that the pro-vaccination lobby is necessarily acting in good faith. The pharmaceutical industry is generally massively disingenuous and I think questions could well be raised asking if all vaccines are necessarily created equal.
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

There is no link between autism and vaccination. That claim originated from ONE maverick doctor.
No it didn't. The claim that autism is caused by vaccination was around well before Andrew Wakefield did his study. It is based on the experiences of parents who believe their child was developing normally, but regressed into autism after receiving a vaccination, and reported this to the community of parents of autistic children.
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

She claims that she'd rather he have contracted measles than be as he is currently. WOW
Those of us who are old enough to have grown up before the measles vaccination was available know that measles is usually a mild disease and usually nothing to worry about. Certainly it was not anything we or our parents worried about as kids. Yes, people have died from measles, but the same is true of the common cold.
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

Do I seem horribly damaged?
Asperger's syndrome is not full blown autism, which is quite devastating to the family of an autistic child.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”