Kidney Stones

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
DGA
Former staff member

Kidney Stones

Post by DGA »

Thoughts?

pro? con?

I've disliked them and would not shop again, but I have this nauseated feeling that I may be on the installment plan and a delivery may be approaching
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Kidney Stones

Post by Grigoris »

Am I missing some context?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

My mother had some.
You have to learn to drink 3 liters per day (not only coffee :smile: ). Water or herbal tea or alcoholfree beer.
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Less calcium and vit D if you're taking them as supplements. Less oxalates, e.g, in spinach. If you have a family history, beware: drink more water, this is important! Do more research as there are more factors. Kidney stones are very painful—likely so painful that no matter what bodily position you are in, you will move to a new one seeking comfort from excruciating pain but never find it; if you come down with this symptom, go to the ED. You will get morphine or something comparably strong and get further evaluation.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

there's some technology to zap them with microwaves or something which breaks them up before they inflict the 10 out of 10 pain they're said to inflict. Don't know for sure, 'something I read'.
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Wayfarer wrote:there's some technology to zap them with microwaves or something which breaks them up before they inflict the 10 out of 10 pain they're said to inflict. Don't know for sure, 'something I read'.
I had vague memories of hearing about it, too, so I looked it up. Here it is: https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kid ... _shockwave

:reading:
Kim
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Wayfarer wrote:there's some technology to zap them with microwaves or something which breaks them up before they inflict the 10 out of 10 pain they're said to inflict. Don't know for sure, 'something I read'.
I had vague memories of hearing about it, too, so I looked it up. Here it is: https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kid ... _shockwave

:reading:
Kim
My brother went through this treatment some years ago. He said, it was painful, when the sand left his body together with the urine. But the shockwaves rescued him from being cut. It worked.
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

I had one years ago, also do not want a repeat. It passed normally but with considerable pain (10 out of 10 is an understatement). The whole thing was so painful I was more or less incapacitated on pretty heavy painkillers (percoset, demerol & injectables at one point ) for long enough for the intestines to halt- nobody warned me about that bit, which added a whole new dimension of fun. I retrieved the stone from the filter that they want you to use, smooth & round like a little pebble and crushed in a vise like a bit of dried out potters clay. Start to finish took about a week followed by a week or two of recovery.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

DGA wrote:Thoughts?

pro? con?

I've disliked them and would not shop again, but I have this nauseated feeling that I may be on the installment plan and a delivery may be approaching
Had them many times, but did find this liquid Chanca Piedra will prevent or if not taken regularly, will mitigate the pain of an attack. Have never used the pill form, so do not know if they are as effective as the drops.

http://wholeworldbotanicals.com/royal-break-stone-page/
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Daily dose of Baking soda is also useful in healing the kidneys. Liver also I believe.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

Hi,

Considering your problem, maybe the slackstone 2 can be of some help to you. This is a device to prepare a specific water, called dialytic water with an increase in its possibility to dissolve calculus. You drink the water.

It's not that expensive, and considering it has saved some people of chirurgical operation and brought great relief, it may be interesting to see if that works for you.

Otherwise, there are other plants which can be used. A good therapist can help you find what is appropriate for your situation.

One good therapist gave those indication (which i didn't try, still this therapist is famous and give reliable information) :

Lime tree sapwood : 40 grams in 1 litter. Boil until it's reduced to 3/4 liter.
Drink that during the day. The same for the five next days. Then, just a cup for 10 days, morning and evening.

Distilled water : drink 1.5 liter per day for 8 days maximum.

Dissolvurol : 50 drops before meals, morning and evening. The calculs got eroded and expelled in a few days.

Also he said to reduce pain you can take a bath with hot water, 36 degreee celcius, and up to 40/42 degrees and stay there 20 minutes, water up to the waist.

Also, he said for those subject to have frequent kidney stones, the best complementary to have is magnesium. There are two good ways to increase magnesium :

- One is to take magnesium internally. What is important is to take regularly as you can't take too much at the same time (it's filtered and rejected, only a "small" dose is absorbed). So you have to take the morning, afternoon, evening...

- One of the best way to highly increase magnesium in the body is to use it externally with we call "magnesium oil", which has the consistence of oil but is not really oil. You put it on the skin and it's absorbed this way. It's extremly efficient.

You can find "Ancient Minerals" magnesium oil which is good.

Calcium oxalate get dissolved with the effect of magnesium. It also reduce the inestinal absorbtion of calcium oxalate. So, it reduces the chance to develop kindley stones.

Why do we are in lack of magnesium generally ? Our alimentation generally do not cover the need in magnesium, and our stressful society make our need in magnesium quiet important. We are generally in deep lack of this element.

I take the opportunity of this message to say if you want to remove gallstones, you may be highly interested with the natural methods of Andreas Morritz (which came from Hulda Clark). I practiced this methods nearly 10 times for liver cleansing, and it's really really beneficial.

Well in case that helps...
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

I have to add something : distilled water, Dissolvurol and lime tree sapwood are not to be used at the same time.
This is 3 choices, not to be used at the same time.
ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

There is not just one type of kidney stone, and they don't all have the same cause. You need to do a urine test to find out the cause of yours, it could be a dietary change, maybe not. I've had 3 (Calcium oxalate) stones. According to my MRI, I've got 8 or so already formed, in my kidneys as we speak. Since they are to small too break up ultra-sonically, there is nothing to do about them. They may pass, or they might just stay up there, but dietary changes are what's needed to prevent formations of new ones (for me).

Long story short, like most questions on this forum: Go see a doctor.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

ClearBlueSky, you may be interested in the slackstone 2 device. it creates a water with a capacity to dissolve which is more powerful than normal water (50 % more). Such water can dissolve kidney stones, and prevent the formation of new one.

It's quiet used in south america, and has saved some people from strong operation. Consediring the low cost of this method, the abesence of side effect, and the quickness in which you should see results, i think it's quiet interesting to try. There is nothing to lose (except kidney stones).

The site sells some (i don't know this site, but it's one of the few ones in english langage) :

https://www.purativa.uk/product/slackstone-ii/
Kaccāni

Post by Kaccāni »

Buy some stones and hang them over your bed at a wall pointing east.
Or better: donate the money to charity.

Best
Kc
Shush! I'm doing nose-picking practice!
ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

Soma999 wrote:ClearBlueSky, you may be interested in the slackstone 2 device. it creates a water with a capacity to dissolve which is more powerful than normal water (50 % more).
Given that water is 0% effective in dissolving calcium oxalate, 50% more effective is still zero. If there's any evidence of it working I'd be happy to see it, but I couldn't find any online.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

If you speak french or spanish you can find quiet good information. There is very few, nearly none, in english. Normaly, it's the opposite, but well the enginner who created this process is spanish and it spread in europe and south america first.

It has helped people with kidney stones which for the most part comes from calcium oxalate.

But then, if you think it won't work for you, there are other solutions, no problem.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I happened across another treatment for kidney stones, I can't attest to its efficacy.
Shock Wave Lithotripsy (SWL) is the most common treatment for kidney stones in the U.S. Shock waves from outside the body are targeted at a kidney stone causing the stone to fragment. The stones are broken into tiny pieces. lt is sometimes called ESWL: Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy
https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kid ... _shockwave
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

Jesse wrote:I happened across another treatment for kidney stones, I can't attest to its efficacy.
Shock Wave Lithotripsy (SWL) is the most common treatment for kidney stones in the U.S. Shock waves from outside the body are targeted at a kidney stone causing the stone to fragment. The stones are broken into tiny pieces. lt is sometimes called ESWL: Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy
https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kid ... _shockwave
That's a method that definitely has proven clinical results. Unfortunately the kidney stones have to be of a certain size to do it, but it's good that it exists as a treatment for those that meet the conditions!

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”