Kidney Stones

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Kidney Stones

Post by Kim O'Hara »

ClearblueSky wrote:
Jesse wrote:I happened across another treatment for kidney stones, I can't attest to its efficacy.
Shock Wave Lithotripsy (SWL) is the most common treatment for kidney stones in the U.S. Shock waves from outside the body are targeted at a kidney stone causing the stone to fragment. The stones are broken into tiny pieces. lt is sometimes called ESWL: Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy
https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kid ... _shockwave
That's a method that definitely has proven clinical results. Unfortunately the kidney stones have to be of a certain size to do it, but it's good that it exists as a treatment for those that meet the conditions!
https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=25463

Snap!

:smile:
Kim
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I'm not a candidate for the magical soundwave therapy. This is because, unlike last time, the symptoms I thought signaled the onset of a kidney stone's wistful journey through the sentimental passages of my body were something else entirely:

gastritis, likely triggered by a viral infection. I lost some blood too. Maybe I'll get a kidney stone from these iron pills?
PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis »

Possibly karma from naughtiness.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

PuerAzaelis wrote:Possibly karma from naughtiness.
yeah, and the naughtiness has metastasized. It's terminal.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”