Psoriasis

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Pero

Re: Psoriasis

Post by Pero »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:17 pm
Pero wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:37 pmWhat's the name of this in English?
Do a search for pine tar soap. That's how I find it on ebay.
Does your's smell bad too? It seems many people don't like the strong smell.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

Also, did it dry out your skin?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

You can get cream and also shampoo with coal tar. Salicylic acid is a good ingredient too for exfoliation. You may also want to make sure you are not deficient in Vitamin D.
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
boda

Post by boda »

Motova wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm
DGA wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:28 pm
Motova wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 am Clinical hypnosis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnosis

"Treating skin diseases with hypnosis (hypnodermatology) has performed well in treating warts, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis."
Hypnosis, you say.

viewtopic.php?t=25863#p393625
DGA wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:01 pm Afterward, the researcher told me that some people are basically unhypnotizable, and I am one.
Maybe that is impermanent?
Everyone is susceptible to suggestion. Different people may require different methods.

It's believed that psoriasis may have something to do with the immune system. In the book Cure, it mentions the autonomic nervous systems connection to organs that control immune responses. This may be why stress effects psoriasis.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Pero wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:23 pmDoes your's smell bad too? It seems many people don't like the strong smell.
It smells smoky but the smell does not linger like the perfumed soaps. No, it doesn't really dry my skin out.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:33 pmYou may also want to make sure you are not deficient in Vitamin D.
That's an interesting point. I was diagnosed with low vitamin D last week and now I'm on a daily D supplement. It's great.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Motova wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 am Clinical hypnosis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnosis

"Treating skin diseases with hypnosis (hypnodermatology) has performed well in treating warts, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis."
Hypnosis, you say.

DGA wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:01 pm Afterward, the researcher told me that some people are basically unhypnotizable, and I am one.
Maybe, I suppose, but I like being someone who isn't hypnotizable. With that said, boda is probably right when he says that anyone can be a sucker if given the right strokes:
boda wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 pm Everyone is susceptible to suggestion. Different people may require different methods.
The women I have been involved with romantically can attest that there are certain Jedi mind tricks that can and do win me over. I have reason to believe I'm not the only one.
Motova

Post by Motova »

DGA wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:34 am

Hypnosis, you say.

Maybe, I suppose, but I like being someone who isn't hypnotizable. With that said, boda is probably right when he says that anyone can be a sucker if given the right strokes:
boda wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 pm Everyone is susceptible to suggestion. Different people may require different methods.
The women I have been involved with romantically can attest that there are certain Jedi mind tricks that can and do win me over. I have reason to believe I'm not the only one.
Learn self-hypnosis.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

I've been taking collagen supplements for about a year now (i get eczema in the winter on my hands). This winter i only have a little dry spot that i've been itching on my finger....normally both my hands suffer horrible itching and dryness in the winter, and nothing helps....but since I've been taking collagen supplements, and using CeraVe skin cream....and Cedar Wood Oil, and Myrrh oil, and Frankincense oil, (alternating)....my hands have improved dramatically.....

https://draxe.com/what-is-collagen/

:namaste:
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

DGA wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 am
Dorje Shedrub wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:33 pmYou may also want to make sure you are not deficient in Vitamin D.
That's an interesting point. I was diagnosed with low vitamin D last week and now I'm on a daily D supplement. It's great.
Particularly important in winter, at least in those climes where the sun is largely absent in winter.

NB Immune deficiency is not primarily causative in any condition. it is itself an indicator of an underlying cause. In the case of psoriasis that cause is at the moment speculative. Which leaves trial and error in the case of any given individual..what your body responds to. And as is the case with all skin conditions, what works for a while may be less effective over time and another remedy may need to be tried.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

Silly me, I should have said that I don't have psoriasis but a condition related to psoriasis that affects my face and chest. The treatment is practically identical.
Seishin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:29 pm I find I can't use soaps, even the "clinically proven" special ones. Instead, bathe in just water. For really bad episodes bathe in oats. I very gently exfoliate every day and then apply Aveeno cream. It seems to work really well for me, even though the traditional advice is to not exfoliate. A change in diet also works wonders. Eat plenty of natural greek yoghurt. Hope it helps
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

DGA wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 am
Yes...i also take Vit D. Also fish oil.
Be careful you don't take Vit. D. at night
IT can keep you up...like sunshine...
Pero

Post by Pero »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:00 pm
Pero wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:23 pmDoes your's smell bad too? It seems many people don't like the strong smell.
It smells smoky but the smell does not linger like the perfumed soaps. No, it doesn't really dry my skin out.
Thanks.
- Shabkar
boda

Post by boda »

DGA wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:34 am boda is probably right when he says that anyone can be a sucker if given the right strokes:
A sucker is, for example, someone who voted for Trump. Being susceptible to suggestion simply suggests that our minds are constantly taking in information, the vast majority of which is beneath our conscious awareness, and this input effects us.

Placebos are another approach to manipulating the unconscious and autonomic systems, and apparently have been effective in psoriasis treatment:
ABC News wrote:A new study says placebos can help psoriasis patients get by on smaller doses of a steroid drug that dampens their immune systems.

The study authors, from the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York, think they may be able to develop other treatments that rely on the placebo effect to boost the power of lower doses of existing drugs.

"Our study provides evidence that the placebo effect can make possible the treatment of psoriasis with an amount of drug that should be too small to work," lead investigator Dr. Robert Ader, a professor at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, said in a news release from the school. "While these results are preliminary, we believe the medical establishment needs to recognize the mind's reaction to medication as a powerful part of many drug effects, and start taking advantage of it."

There are limitations, however. Placebos can't help people who are unconscious or stimulate the release of substances in the body, such as insulin, Ader said.

The researchers tested creams on 46 patients with mild and moderate cases of psoriasis. One group got fully medicated creams, while others got mixtures that were partially medicated or received full doses only part of the time.

In some cases, the patients seemed to do well despite not getting the full dose, suggesting a psychosomatic effect.

The study was published online Dec. 22 in the journal Psychosomatic Medicine.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/ ... id=9450415
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

There can be many reasons, behing a symptom there can be many causes.

Perhaps the liver flush taught by Andreas Morritz (taught also by Hulda Clark) can be helpful, as it's a very powerful cleansing which can have very strong postive effects on health.

If you want to go with less strong ways, maybe use some plants to cleanse the liver, stinging nettles is very good plants to use. It can be also complementary.
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

In addition to whatever physical measures like soaps or creams, doing some additional purification practices is always a help.
Namu Amida Butsu
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

I was prescribed a steroid cream that hasn't really touched it yet. I was told by a friend (family physician) that I should see a dermatologist if it doesn't start to clear after 10 or so days of use. But what the hell do any of these docs know? They are mostly just treating the symptoms.

In conjunction with all the advice here I am doing a four day water fast followed by an elimination diet for a month or so.

DGA, have you seen some improvements using the vit D?
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Lukeinaz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 pm I was prescribed a steroid cream that hasn't really touched it yet. I was told by a friend (family physician) that I should see a dermatologist if it doesn't start to clear after 10 or so days of use. But what the hell do any of these docs know? They are mostly just treating the symptoms.

In conjunction with all the advice here I am doing a four day water fast followed by an elimination diet for a month or so.

DGA, have you seen some improvements using the vit D?
I'm thankful for the Vitamin D supplements. (I'm using D3). Many symptoms that have been irritating to me for some time and that I'd chalked up to winter weather or just fatigue have cleared up. Arthritis symptoms in my hands and feet have gone from making it difficult to get things done often to barely noticing it anymore.

I've had some weird dreams, though. In one, I was enthroned as a Swami in a kind of Sikh/Shaivite organization (makes no sense, right?) in someone's living room. Some of my colleagues from work were in attendance. They gave me a groovy hat like Gandalf and waited for me to dispense wisdom or whatever.

but as far as the psoriasis symptoms go, I've seen no change. If anything, the flaky itchy scabby stuff is only getting worse on my scalp. :shrug:
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

I used this coal tar stuff per Greg's recommendation and it works great on the scalp.

https://www.amazon.com/ArtNaturals-T ... hampoo
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

DGA wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:38 am It’s unpleasant

Suggestions?
Pray and make offerings to hayagriva or mahamayuri?

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”