A better world

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
tatpurusa

Re: A better world

Post by tatpurusa »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 pm Tashi delek,

The slaughtering of animals is a process based on the belly and gums of many humans.

Not supporting this out of Compassion / health, some don´t support indirect killing.
To replace meat with alternative products like soy, can contribute to a better world for animals and humans.

The man below can explain it better than i can.

Tashi delek,

Not that I agree 100% with the following links, but I think they do have many valid arguments, especially against veganism.
Indian style traditional vegetarian diet following Ayurveda (which is basically lacto-vegetarian, but quite often - as in case of Bengali Brahmins - regularly includes also fish.) is another matter of course. But how much is it adaptable to other places and cultures?

Veganism (as opposed to traditional Indian vegetarianism) IMHO is basically extremistic. I personally have met several people who seemed VERY aggressive and intolerant. How long will it take till they begin to harm/assault/kill humans in order to impede them to kill animals for food etc.?

Make no mistake, there is a HUGE financial interest of the big food processing industry wanting to sell their chemically "enhanced" 100% animal free fake foods products to the "politically/morally/ecologically/spiritually" correct vegan crowd. (see margarine/hydrogenated fat vs. butter)
Destroying the health of billions of humans is not an issue either, there comes BIG PHARMA with their fake medicines to "help".

https://www.sott.net/article/218600-The ... Vegetarian
https://www.sott.net/article/236089-Gra ... tal-savior
https://www.sott.net/article/313206-The ... ating-meat
https://www.sott.net/article/274277-Why ... egan-diets
https://www.sott.net/article/277079-Veg ... ne-disease

tp.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

tatpurusa wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Tashi delek,
tatpurusa:
Not that I agree 100% with the following links, but I think they do have many valid arguments, especially against veganism.
Well i and others go for as much as possible for non slaughterhouses out of Compassion, the meaning of Mahayana
tatpurusa:
Indian style traditional vegetarian diet following Ayurveda (which is basically lacto-vegetarian, but quite often - as in case of Bengali Brahmins - regularly includes also fish.) is another matter of course. But how much is it adaptable to other places and cultures?
Adaptable at my place (the kitchen) is everything, but no death bodies out of the slaughterhouse, the hammerhouse of horror.
tatpurusa:
Veganism (as opposed to traditional Indian vegetarianism) IMHO is basically extremistic. I personally have met several people who seemed VERY aggressive and intolerant. How long will it take till they begin to harm/assault/kill humans in order to impede them to kill animals for food etc.?
People who do not eat MEAT are indeed very strong anti those who eat meat, don´t see here a problem in defending not eating killed sentient beings.
How long will it take that meat eaters will eat human meat ? Guess that is the right logic here.....
tatpurusa:
Make no mistake, there is a HUGE financial interest of the big food processing industry wanting to sell their chemically "enhanced" 100% animal free fake foods products to the "politically/morally/ecologically/spiritually" correct vegan crowd. (see margarine/hydrogenated fat vs. butter)
Destroying the health of billions of humans is not an issue either, there comes BIG PHARMA with their fake medicines to "help".
Sure i will not make a mistake if i consider the huge amount of money which is spent to produce 1Kg meat, in comparison to the production costs of 1 Kg soy / Tofu. Further if i do shoppings here in Europe / Germany i can buy high quality vegan products which does not destroy my and others health.
Guess we are no fools, as people who defend the non eating of meat out of different motivations.
One is Compassion as a Buddhist and the other is health. So if we go for a better world with a better health then is understood with that non killing of animals. One step further is the killing of people. Most vegetarians are anti the war machine.
As a last remark i want to underline my basic motivation in not eating meat , that would be the aspect of Ahimsa. To be engaged in eating meat is the upholding of violence against sentient beings.

Would say non discrimination between animals and humans. If humans cannot be killed for meat, then also not animals. It is a hypocritical mentality of humans, that animals can be treated as lower on the ladder of civilization. Humans forgot it are sentient beings.
But even in eating meat the meat eaters discriminate. Dogs cannot be eaten because they have at home a lovely dog, whereas cows which they do not own, can be eaten.

Would advise every fanatic meat consumer to visit a slaughterhouse, and stay there for 1 day and return next days for 1 week, maybe that will change the mind of some fanatic meat eaters, or not of course. Meat eating can be very deep rooted.

[/quote]
The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Children can say it less complicated, WHY they don´t like eating meat at dinner time.
It comes straight out of their heart, that certain Mahayana Compassion, guess we can call them little Bodhisattvas.

Last edited by kalden yungdrung on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
kalden yungdrung

tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:23 am
Seems to have had the fortune his parents got indoctrinated by the time he was a bit older.
Some are not that fortunate though..

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/ ... _22223510/
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/sep ... iabranigan
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Tashi delek,

it seems you have not even read the links I posted.
I would really recommend to do it, especially the first one.
I understand your points, they just do not correspond to reality.
kalden yungdrung

tatpurusa wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:44 am Tashi delek,

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your opinions, very educative.
Guess here split off our visions and ways

Am not interested to make more of my / our reality, then it is.
You have your way , how to see a vegetarian and i as a vegetarian see it different, sorry cannot help it.

What is reality for vegetarians like ego, is not according your way of interpretations, can happen.

Best wishes
Last edited by kalden yungdrung on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:00 am
tatpurusa wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:44 am Tashi delek,

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your opinions, very educative.
Guess here split off our visions and ways

Am not interested to make more of my / our reality, then it is.
You have your way , how to see a vegetarian and i as a vegetarian see it different, sorry cannot help it.

What is reality for vegetarians is not according your way of interpretations, can happen.

Best wishes

I am not talking about agreeing or not.
I myself have lived a vegetarian lifestyle for more than 10 years, I know how it is.
I am talking about biological realities that do not depend on opinions.

tp.
kalden yungdrung

tatpurusa wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:05 am
I am not talking about agreeing or not.
I myself have lived a vegetarian lifestyle for more than 10 years, I know how it is.
I am talking about biological realities that do not depend on opinions.

tp.
Tashi delek,

To be a vegetarian or not that depends on a lot of PERSONAL factors.
That is never a general factor, of course, because health is very personal.
Everybody can stop or continue to be a vegetarian , seen the personal health condition.
What is reality for you, should not be reality for another one, or is it that one size fits all ?
Biological realities are for you sure different than for a healthy vegetarian.
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 am
Tashi delek,

To be a vegetarian or not that depends on a lot of PERSONAL factors.
That is never a general factor, of course, because health is very personal.
Everybody can stop or continue to be a vegetarian , seen the personal health condition.
What is reality for you, should not be reality for another one, or is it that one size fits all ?
Biological realities are for you sure different than for a healthy vegetarian.
As I wrote in my first post, vegetarianism (as practiced in India following ayurveda) is a valid choice,
whereas VEGANISM is not.
Veganism does not correspond to human biology. Those deciding to follow it can only survive due to
industrially produced dietary supplements (like Vitamin B12 etc.)
Even with those, within some decades they will experience metabolical syndrome, insuline resistance, diabetes, alzheimer,
cancer and the rest of "civilizational" illnesses due to carbohydrate overconsumption.
This is basic biology and nothing personal.

tp.
kalden yungdrung

tatpurusa wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 am

As I wrote in my first post, vegetarianism (as practiced in India following ayurveda) is a valid choice,
whereas VEGANISM is not.
Veganism does not correspond to human biology. Those deciding to follow it can only survive due to
industrially produced dietary supplements (like Vitamin B12 etc.)
Even with those, within some decades they will experience metabolical syndrome, insuline resistance, diabetes, alzheimer,
cancer and the rest of "civilizational" illnesses due to carbohydrate overconsumption.
This is basic biology and nothing personal.

tp.

Am a vegetarian and not a veganist.
Eat vegetarian since 40 years and am healthy.
Sure i take supplements sometimes like B12 etc.
Until now i did not get your above mentioned forms of illness and am happy for that.
All in all am happy that i don´t eat the meat on the plate and can uphold Compassion with animals and other sentient beings as much as possible.

So all in all i am healthy and don´t eat meat, due to my personal constitution and the extra intake of some Vit. some times.
To be vegetarian (based on Aryuveda) and not a veganist that was the question here and that is now solved.

Guess we have clever and non clever non meat eaters :anjali:
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

For the most of us it is a normal case to get "clean" water from the tap in the kitchen.
But for the most people of tghis planet, approxamately 10%, this is a dream.
These and others can get only contaminated water.

A better world and health with clean water for everybody.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

The reality of the back grounds of the steak on the plate can be horrible.
A better world is for many Buddhists a vegetarian diet with all the complications a vegetarian can have regarding the missing of some nutritions.
Some take that easy, and compensate those missing elements with Vitamines etc., because out of Compassion with the suffering of theses poor animals in the horror house of slaughter or the slaughter hell.

Many meat eaters do not have any idea / imagination of the story of that tasty piece of meat on their plate.

A better world based on compassion with the suffering of sentient beings

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Bhutan is the only carbon-negative country in the world.
That contributes to a better world future and health. Many countries are prepared to change slowly to be carbon-negative, a good sign.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

The world of the power of money and the side effects, seen through the eyes of an Australian aboriginal.
They don´t know " thank you ", in their language, because they are used to share their properties.
That was also in the western culture , some time ago also a normal mentality, sharing goods or lending, but property like car, house and mouse changed that social mentality into a-social mentality.

==============

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”