A better world

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
kalden yungdrung

Re: A better world

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

Here His Holiness the 17th Karmapa, explains something about his view regarding environmental protection in India and the Himalayas.
His Holiness is aware about the importance of a clean environment around His monasteries etc. , which in turn causes a better health :applause:
It is also a good example to the other people who are living there.

=============
HH-Karmapa 17 - 00.jpg
HH-Karmapa 17 - 00.jpg (66.36 KiB) Viewed 5856 times

Rumtek Monastery hosts the 9th Annual Environmental Conference for Himalayas Buddhist Monasteries and Nunneries

April 2nd, 2018, Rumtek Monastery, Sikkim -

His Holiness the 17th Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje spoke from afar, sharing his thoughts via video, with 90 monastic representatives from 34 monasteries and nunneries this morning. He said “I am aware of how hard you have been working on environmental protection for the last nine years and very pleased with the success you have all achieved. Due to the importance of Tibet and the Himalayas as a source of water for billions of people downstream, I appeal to you all to also take up the responsibility of addressing climate change. We should see our actions of preserving nature and protecting the environment not only as ways of minimizing climate change impacts but also as part of our Buddhist practice because everything we do will benefit other sentient beings.”

Khoryug is an association of over 50 Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and nunneries spread across the Himalayan region and South India that carry out environmental protection activities. It was established by His Holiness the Karmapa in 2009 and is a non-sectarian community of eco-monasteries and nunneries leading projects ranging from environmental education, reforestation, river clean-up, spring-shed restoration, wildlife protection, and climate change adaptation. The monks and nuns gathered here for the 4-day conference manage environmental projects for their monastic institutions in Bhutan, India, and Nepal. The conference gives them the opportunity to learn more about building climate change resilience, to report back on their ongoing projects, and to discuss and share lessons learned from their previous experiences. The topic of the conference is: Climate Resiliency for Ourselves and Our Communities. The workshop includes training from partners such as ATREE, ECOSS, WWF, and UNDP, and the Science and Tech Department of the Government of Sikkim.

His Holiness has been teaching about climate change for many years. Citing that climate change can seem very overwhelming on a personal level, His Holiness who is a committed environmentalist and vegetarian, suggested that we see our response to climate change as a spiritual one and link it to the development of our inner self. He said, “ultimately, science and technology cannot bring about the needed change in people’s attitude and behavior. We need to combine dharma and science to do so successfully and I pray that Khoryug’s collective activity helps pave such a way forward.”
The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

A better world with a better health.

Garlic is a very good remedy against many diseases.
But like always what is good for some one is bad for another one and vice versa.
To cook with garlic can be general seen as healthy.

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:11 am A better world is also without chem trails. Chem trails contain substances which are bad for health.
there are many good ideas in this thread so far.

however: chemtrails do not exist. They are fiction.
madhusudan

Post by madhusudan »

DGA wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 pm
kalden yungdrung wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:11 am A better world is also without chem trails. Chem trails contain substances which are bad for health.

I'm interested in this. Not to derail the thread, but I've certainly noticed a difference between normal contrails and what appear to be billowing lines across the sky that eventually spread into a haze.

I grew up near two international airports. There were also military aircraft in the area. Contrails were routinely observable. They dissipate into nothing a short distance behind the aircraft. To me, what we can see now in the sky over parts of the U.S. is different.

Now I live abroad, also near an international airport and military base with aircraft. Again, normal contrails are a daily occurance. No billowing crosshatched lines over here.

To your knowledge, is there some change in technology that causes what appear to be a totally different phenomenon, or is my observation off?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

madhusudan wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 pm

I'm interested in this. Not to derail the thread, but I've certainly noticed a difference between normal contrails and what appear to be billowing lines across the sky that eventually spread into a haze.

I grew up near two international airports. There were also military aircraft in the area. Contrails were routinely observable. They dissipate into nothing a short distance behind the aircraft. To me, what we can see now in the sky over parts of the U.S. is different.

Now I live abroad, also near an international airport and military base with aircraft. Again, normal contrails are a daily occurance. No billowing crosshatched lines over here.

To your knowledge, is there some change in technology that causes what appear to be a totally different phenomenon, or is my observation off?
Engine design and wing design have evolved considerably over the past few decades. But the chemtrail conspiracy theory is just that: a conspiracy theory. It reveals itself as such because whenever they are presented with information refuting it, its proponents take that information as further evidence of a broader conspiracy
kalden yungdrung

PeterC wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 am

Engine design and wing design have evolved considerably over the past few decades. But the chemtrail conspiracy theory is just that: a conspiracy theory. It reveals itself as such because whenever they are presented with information refuting it, its proponents take that information as further evidence of a broader conspiracy
I know there are supporters of these chem trails and there are people who say no to it , like you do.
In the States, they fly with Monsanto round dip, over the fields. These are also chem trails.
So if the Americans would be so mad to poison the air with chem trails, that is seen the mentality there plausible.
Therefore here in Europe the majority of the people i know go for chem trails and not for normal , natural phenomena, like you suggested.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 pm
PeterC wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 am

I know there are supporters of these chem trails and there are people who say no to it , like you do.
In the States, they fly with Monsanto round dip, over the fields. These are also chem trails.
So if the Americans would be so mad to poison the air with chem trails, that is seen the mentality there plausible.
Therefore here in Europe the majority of the people i know go for chem trails and not for normal , natural phenomena, like you suggested.
Most people in europe do not believe in the existence of a governmental conspiracy to poison people by commercial aircraft. If the majority of the people you know do, you may want to reconsider who you are asking these questions of
kalden yungdrung

Peter C wrote:
Most people in europe do not believe in the existence of a governmental conspiracy to poison people by commercial aircraft. If the majority of the people you know do, you may want to reconsider who you are asking these questions of
Well that is just contrary. People in Europe are nor so convinced about the US Government with its super idiot big boss, the clown Trump.
Therefore many here are convinced that this would be a secret project of the Nasa to fill the ozon gap or that Monsanto is doing some experiments.
We know that Monsanto is super powerful in the States.

Therefore chem trails as experiment and seen as secret or pre paid project that is seen here as valid.

We know it that the Americans can have many top secret projects which are based on money shuffle and not so on health and health care etc.
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Cancer , the horror of the 20th century.

But there are remedies for cancer. We have to be very careful not to praise one remedie as THE remedie for all types of cancer.
There are many different types of cancer and they all need a different approach because the constitution differs from human to human.
Then we never should neglect that what the professionals (doctors etc.) tell to us, because if we do so we get problems somehow.......

A better world without cancer that is a dream until now, but the nightmare is slowly diminishing, there is hope.

=========================

Dandelion - 00.jpg
Dandelion - 00.jpg (65.63 KiB) Viewed 5551 times

DANDELION:

Yes dandelion can cure cancer and also here probably not all types.

The root seems to be powerful and a medicine. The flowers can also be used as tea in TCM. IN TCM Dandelion is THE herb for liver deficiency.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018636/

Dandelion is not difficult to find in our area so it would be worth to know its medicinal properties. Dandelion as a medicament for the first time comes to light in the writings of Arab doctors in the 10th and 11th century. Today in many parts of the world this herb is used for eating and treating various diseases. The plant is eatable in the whole (root, stem, leaves and flower), so numerous traditional folk recipes are existent which include some parts of the dandelion. Dandelion (Taraxacum) belongs to plant genus of the family Asteraceae. Dandelion includes perennial herbaceous plants with yellow flower heads complex behind a great number of tubular and ligulate flowers.

It was once believed that the root of dandelion is extremely beneficial for the weak stomach. But during the scientific research, especially in England, it has been proven that, besides strengthening the stomach, this herb has influence on the liver and bile secretion because it’s helping in better gall bladder squeezing and thereby injects larger amounts of bile in the intestine. Even the French physician-scientist Leclerc claims that in patients with clogged or diseased bile ducts dandelion helps in bile passing through ducts in the intestine, and in the same way sand and stones passing from the bile. At the same time, it also heals the damaged liver. In the light of all of this, it can be concluded that dandelion can eradicate the gallbladder attacks and better the overall state of the liver and bile ducts.

Furthermore, according to new scientific research, dandelion root cures cancer! Yes, you have read that right.

To be specific, Marijan Jost, one of the leading experts in the field of genetics and plant breeding in the region, claims that there are studies that prove that dandelion kills malignant cells in the human body. He added that it was previously known that tonic of dandelion has beneficial effect on the liver but the fact that it can cure cancer was discovered recently at the University of Windsor in Canada.

Dr. Caroline Hamm of the aforementioned university while examining blood samples of patients with leukemia, found that dandelion root extract destroys leukemia cells, while on normal cells there’s no deleterious effect. In other words, dandelion root extract seemed detrimental only to cancer cells, unlike today accepted methods of chemotherapy or radiation which kill all cells. Even the researchers from the university applied for Canadian authorization in order to continue with clinical trials, but it is very likely that these positive results will be slowly covered with oblivion. Why? Simply because natural remedies cannot be patentable and if the pharmaceutical industry does not find a way to synthesize the active substance dandelion, then in this business cannot make a profit.

http://artemisinine.net/news/dandelion- ... ancer.html
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

This little Bodhisattva knows it very well , why he is vegetarian, maybe an example for addicted adults ?
If adults could behave like our little Bodhisattva here, then we would have a better world, no doubt about it.

This little Bodhisattva reflects it straight out of the heart, without difficult reasonings and more of those illusions.

So simple and easy one can defend living beings.................

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Great news! Zero Waste Shops are opening up all over Europe!
That was normal 60 years ago at the grocery . Sugar , salt , rice, etc, was put on the scale with counter weights and packed in paper bags.
Also the milk was fresh and put in bottles.

A better world with less plastic, it costs only a little effort to bring from home some bottles, pots etc. to the grocery. In my direct neighborhood there is until now not such an alternative grocery, but i have the hope it will not last long.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

A better world if we can avoid cruelty to animals.

We have in Holland a political party fro the defense of the animals and has 2 seats in the Dutch parliament.

Yes we should take care in defending / helping sentient beings (in the 6 Realms) , not only humans but also our dear animals in the here and now.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Repair cafes in the USA, a great idea. We know it if the printer is broke, then we throw it better away, because the repair is more expensive than buying a new one.

So the repair, that is here done nowadays in the USA.
Repair causes less waste and this in turn is good for the environment.

=============================

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Pythagoras knew it also the value of health and peace, which are the fundamentals of a better world.
Eating blood makes a person aggressive.

I gave my Dobermann, always fresh meat with blood, to make him super attentive and aggressive.

===================

Pythagoras (570-490 BC)

For as long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace.

For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

I am very often in the Nature.
Here a shot which i took in Germany.

With all respect for the Germans, they closed within 2 years all their nuclear energy reactors.
As alternative they constructed these tall and huge windmills and placed these giants in the Nature.

Normally i and others, would have objections to such manipulations in the Nature, but here every Nature lover / freak makes an exception, very understandable.

Windmills on this large scale, is a blessing for a better world, as well sun panels etc.
Windmills in Nature - 014a.jpg
Windmills in Nature - 014a.jpg (350.1 KiB) Viewed 5355 times
Shot was taken at the Dutch / German border.
kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

In Athens would be hanging around on the streets about 14000 homeless people.
There is now a riding laundry to help these homeless poor ones, with clean clothes.

That helps them to feel more connected to society and is a better feeling.
Nowadays there are many homeless people on the streets, it is increasing every year.

It are those persons who for some reasons cannot join anymore the tax system, have no work, are ill etc.
To help them is good karma.

==================

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Costa Rica, the rich coast.

The average temperature is about 21 degree C.
The government decided that more than 80% will be protected as Nature stays Nature.

Costa Rica´s goal is to become carbon neutral by 2021.
Carbon neutral is a huge contribution to a better world for our grand children. :twothumbsup:

kalden yungdrung

===========================

IN ADDITION:

Chem trails are discussed in the UN by an American lady, Rosalind Peterson.
It is not a rumor , it is indeed happening for some reasons.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

We know it, the US cops, Zionists cops, Chinese cops do belong to the most violent cops in our world.
These cops behave like Nazis, who were also great nationalists.

They do not deserve our respect in case they behave violent and especially like in the USA, they can be violent based on racism.

We in Europe do not meet such violent cops, and for the most Europeans this is a horror scenario.

A better world and a better social health, with less violent cops like seen in the video below.

kalden yungdrung

Tashi delek,

Without trees we will get huge problems in this world.
To plant trees is a must and especially in Africa.

From the west to the east they will plant a 17 Km wide line of trees, which will benefit the people who live there.

Planting trees is very good for health and creates in that way a better world.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”