Hemp oil

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
kalden yungdrung

Hemp oil

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,
_DSC9435.JPG
_DSC9435.JPG (480.32 KiB) Viewed 3416 times

Today , did i bought my first hemp oil bottle, just over the border in Germany.

We know it hemp oil can cure a lot of illness and it seems to be proved that hemp oil can cure illness.
I tastes a little like linseed oil , a good taste, bio quality!
The species is Sattiva and i do not know why they do not take Indica as oil.

So i will take it as medicine and will cook with it. I will use it as oil in salads.
Cook normally Balinese and Indonesian food which contains a lot of herbs.

We all know Curcuma, yellow root powder which can cure also illness etc., use it frequently, in the Indonesian kitchen.

- Do you have positive experience with this hemp oil ?
The best meditation is no meditation
kalden yungdrung

Re: Hemp oil

IN ADDITION:

To keep the 100% power, of expensive and bio oil, one should not heat the oil excessive , therefore in salads and other cold dishes or after cooking the food, precious oil (like hemp oil etc. ) is added.

Will try to use this oil in massage.

I used today a spoon full of this oil and i feel already much more better / comfortable, with some painful joints.
Am curious , after 21 days..........
kalden yungdrung

Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

It's all good. But a CBD oil or even straight up Rick Simpson oil would be what is truly healing against cancer and so on.
kalden yungdrung

Wicked Yeshe wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:51 am It's all good. But a CBD oil or even straight up Rick Simpson oil would be what is truly healing against cancer and so on.
Tashi delek W,

We have CBD and THC as active components of the Cannabis Sattiva / Indica.

In Indica the THC is not so powerful as in the Sattiva.

THC = tetrahydrocannabinol.
CBD = cannabidiol

THC is the main psychoactive component of the marijuana plant. In other words, THC is the primary agent responsible for creating the “high” feeling associated with marijuana use. This compound works by imitating the effects of anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced naturally by the human body to help modulate sleeping and eating habits, as well as the perception of pain.

CBD has the same chemical formula as THC, but the atoms are arranged differently. This slight variance causes THC to create a psychoactive effect while CBD lacks such an influence.

CBD accounts for up to 40 percent of cannabis extract (3). Its plentiful nature, coupled with its failure to produce a “high” effect, make it a strong candidate for medical applications.

One of the main problems is that growing Cannabis Sativa is forbidden and that needs in Europe etc. special permissions , in case of outdoor growing.

Therefore they prefer commercial seen , growing the hemp seeds which do not have a certain degree of THC.
THC is the getting high / stoned factor of Cannabis Sativa, whereas CBD which grows normally together with THC, has that medical substance which can cure some illness.

Therefore growing Cannabis growing outside on a few square yards is not so easy to realize, therefore they prefer at the moment the growing of the lesser hemp quality, which has certainly many + components but like we know is not so powerful.

Have some friends who live in the Spanish Pyrenees, who own 10 acres filled with outdoor Hemp Cannabis.
The fibers go to the factory where they make clothes of it
The oil goes to the supermarkets.

So if we want to get the CBD oil, extracted from the Cannabis Sativa, and we do not want to pay too much for it, then we have to find another option / way.

All in all i agree that CBD is better, but in reality it is too expensive if one would buy it in the Pharmacy, same beat with medical marijuana.

Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

The distinction of "Sativa" and "Indica" is largely urban myth. In reality, almost all genetics in modern cannabis production are phenotypes (often mistakenly called "strains") of Cannabis indica outside of some landrace varieties and their modern hybrids. Autoflowering varieties have Cannabis ruderalis genetics in addition to indica. The differences in effect come largely from the wide variety of terpenes that occur along with the commonly identified psychoactive components.

There is a lot more happening than simply the chemical action of a few isolates like THC and CBD.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
DharmaJunior

Post by DharmaJunior »

How do you account for the bushiness and yield of certain strains? Are the stringy tall varieties regional or non domestic or is that also a myth?
kalden yungdrung

Karma Dorje wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 am The distinction of "Sativa" and "Indica" is largely urban myth. In reality, almost all genetics in modern cannabis production are phenotypes (often mistakenly called "strains") of Cannabis indica outside of some landrace varieties and their modern hybrids. Autoflowering varieties have Cannabis ruderalis genetics in addition to indica. The differences in effect come largely from the wide variety of terpenes that occur along with the commonly identified psychoactive components.

There is a lot more happening than simply the chemical action of a few isolates like THC and CBD.

Tashi delek KD,

Well the Indica was "first" and from that have been developed the different other species / hybrids.
They cultivate these hybrids for the THC, which is getting stronger and stronger by the time.

But we go here for the CBD contents of the Canabis Sattiva, which got stronger by the time also.
The THC is a "forbidden" component of the Canabis Sativa which has to be isolated / extracted = oil.

Therefore to grow this official , there arise huge problems, regarding a license for outdoor growing.
To avoid this all they grow the hemp, a rural product which was used in Holland some time before for protecting the fields against wind.
From the fibers they have made clothes which were indestructible, but due to Levi Strauss and Co. the hemp was forbidden (also the Sattiva and Indica from India , Napal etc. worldwide) and they created the cotton fields. Cotton is not so strong as hemp fibers = big business.

That means business regarding jeans. A jeans made of cotton lasts for 2 generations.

It is all based on names of course and the quality.
So we use these names for these products at the moment.
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

DharmaN00b wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm How do you account for the bushiness and yield of certain strains? Are the stringy tall varieties regional or non domestic or is that also a myth?
Selective breeding of phenotypes. The same way that THC content has been increased drastically. So-called Sativa phenotypes are primarily from Afghani landrace and so-called Indica phenotypes are Indian. Both of them are varieties of Cannabis indica.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-10 ... abis-types
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
kalden yungdrung

Karma Dorje wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:06 pm
DharmaN00b wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm How do you account for the bushiness and yield of certain strains? Are the stringy tall varieties regional or non domestic or is that also a myth?
Selective breeding of phenotypes. The same way that THC content has been increased drastically. So-called Sativa phenotypes are primarily from Afghani landrace and so-called Indica phenotypes are Indian. Both of them are varieties of Cannabis indica.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-10 ... abis-types
Agree that is the source, the rest stems from these Indica. This kind of Indica, spread with the Muslim culture, via Iran, Libanon, until Morocco, where the Indica became a Sativa or a mix / hybrid with another "power ". etc.

[Mod note 2023: Topic locked in order to prevent necroing and advertising spam.]

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”