Cayenne Tea

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
madhusudan

Cayenne Tea

Post by madhusudan »

I want to share a new health potion I've added to my routine: cayenne tea. It is particularly beneficial to circulation and heart health. I also find, if this sort of thing is attractive, that it causes mild euphoria and relaxation.

My experience is that in the beginning it can be a little difficult to down it. That lessens with time. For me, the results are worth it, and I hope this information might inspire others to give it a go.

It may also be a good idea to carry some cayenne with you for emergencies. It is proven very effective in response to heart attacks.

Here is the website that gave me the idea: http://www.cayennepepper.info/

If you try it, please let me know of your experience.
Virgo

Re: Cayenne Tea

Post by Virgo »

Just be careful in the summer, as this tea is very heating.

Kevin...
Lindama

Post by Lindama »

I used to do this regularly for a while. Then I forgot about it... so many remedies!

I did 2-3 oz water with 1/4 to 1 tea cayenne ... the quantity doesn't seem to matter for taste. I added a dab of butter or ghee and a little salt. yes, be aware if heat is ok for you.
Not last night,
not this morning,
melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I used to do cayenne tea but the addiction grew to the point where the tea was not enough and I would secretly buy canisters of capsaicin based tear gas and snort it. The burn marks under my nostrils was a giveaway, so I had to come clean one day, admit my addiction and go into rehab.

Don't people ever tire of these panaceas?

Why would you just not eat a seriously hot Thai (or southern Indian) curry instead, or some super spicy Mexican fare? At least that is tasty and nutritious too. :shrug:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Grigoris wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 am I would secretly buy canisters of capsaicin based tear gas and snort it. The burn marks under my nostrils was a giveaway, so I had to come clean one day, admit my addiction and go into rehab.
:rolling:

Isn't it usually a bad idea to hang out with other junkies, though?
madhusudan

Post by madhusudan »

Grigoris wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 am I used to do cayenne tea but the addiction grew to the point where the tea was not enough and I would secretly buy canisters of capsaicin based tear gas and snort it. The burn marks under my nostrils was a giveaway, so I had to come clean one day, admit my addiction and go into rehab.

Why would you just not eat a seriously hot Thai (or southern Indian) curry instead, or some super spicy Mexican fare? At least that is tasty and nutritious too. :shrug:
I'm sorry you were triggered. Surely as the gatekeeper of what is valid to share, I understand your vile response.

You've certainly revealed yourself. Yes, vile.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

madhusudan wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:12 pm
Grigoris wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 am I used to do cayenne tea but the addiction grew to the point where the tea was not enough and I would secretly buy canisters of capsaicin based tear gas and snort it. The burn marks under my nostrils was a giveaway, so I had to come clean one day, admit my addiction and go into rehab.

I'm sorry you were triggered. Surely as the gatekeeper of what is valid to share, I understand your vile response.

You think that's vile? You should see me when I wake up in the morning! :smile:

But seriously: why subject yourself to something like this? I LOVE chillis and even eat them with breakfast (if I am having a sandwich), but even so, I would not drink chilli tea. I fail to see the value in doing something like that, when you can just integrate cayenne into your diet.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Berry

Post by Berry »

Wut ? .....
Leave the polluted water of conceptual thoughts in its natural clarity. Without affirming or denying appearances, leave them as they are. When there is neither acceptance nor rejection, mind is liberated into mahāmudra.

~ Tilopa
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Berry wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am

Wut ? .....
It is called over-identifying with one's habits paired with an exaggerated sense of self-importance. It usually leads to the lack of a sense of humor and an inability to question one's tendencies. It is quite a common ailment. I suffer from it often.

Berry

Post by Berry »

Grigoris wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:56 am
Berry wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am

Wut ? .....
It is called over-identifying with one's habits paired with an exaggerated sense of self-importance. It usually leads to the lack of a sense of humor and an inability to question one's tendencies. It is quite a common ailment. I suffer from it often.

Lol, me too, which is why my signature is a handy reminder!
Leave the polluted water of conceptual thoughts in its natural clarity. Without affirming or denying appearances, leave them as they are. When there is neither acceptance nor rejection, mind is liberated into mahāmudra.

~ Tilopa

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”