Judgement

A forum for discussion of Buddhist ethics.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Re: Judgement

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

I've realized that as long as we judge the world, and desire for it to match up to our ideals, and beliefs we will never be satisfied.
Excellent! You've embraced the 1st Noble Truth!
Jesse wrote:We humans have a tendency to want the universe to make sense according to our own thoughts, ideas and beliefs. When we intellectually examine the universe from this perspective it's only a matter of time before we reach the conclusion that the universe does not conform to these things.
If we have a secular outlook certainly not. But if you actually accept the teachings on karma and rebirth--even just hypothetically--the universe does make sense.

That does not reduce the horror of war, etc. However if we are fortunate enough to see how others suffer in war, and don't want to suffer in the same way in the future, it is then incumbent on us to cut the rope that binds us to the cycle of suffering we observe as "war".
What is the difference between judgement and discernment?
Criticism.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

Return to “Ethical Conduct”