The Buddha's Teachings on Social Harmony - BB

A forum for discussion of Buddhist ethics.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

The Buddha's Teachings on Social Harmony - BB

Post by Kim O'Hara »

A new book from Bhikkhu Bodhi -
The Buddha's Teachings on Social and Communal Harmony
An Anthology of Discourses from the Pali Canon

“Through scholarship and wise discernment Bhikkhu Bodhi has chosen a set of discourses that uncover and make clear the Buddha’s approach to social affairs. A timely and powerful resource for all varieties of peace work, The Buddha’s Teachings on Social and Communal Harmony provides a direct way to refer to the Buddha’s teachings around developing civil society. This is a fantastic support and inspiration for all of us who value and wish to foster a more harmonious world.”—Sharon Salzberg, author of Lovingkindness and Real Happiness
In this volume acclaimed scholar-monk Bhikkhu Bodhi has collected and translated the Buddha’s teachings on conflict resolution, interpersonal and social problem-solving, and the forging of harmonious relationships. The selections, all drawn from the Pāli Canon, the earliest record of the Buddha’s discourses, are organized into ten thematic chapters. ...
http://www.wisdompubs.org/book/buddhas- ... al-harmony

I have yet to see a copy but it looks good.

:reading:
Kim
Sprouticus

Re: The Buddha's Teachings on Social Harmony - BB

Post by Sprouticus »

It does, indeed, look good. I just pre-ordered it on Amazon.
Namo Buddhaya
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Looks interesting!

I thought Wisdom Publications shut down?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Sherab Dorje wrote:I thought Wisdom Publications shut down?
That was Wisdom Books, from the UK, I think they were the Wisdom Publications distributor
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
GDPR_Anonymized001

Post by GDPR_Anonymized001 »

Kim O'Hara wrote:A new book from Bhikkhu Bodhi -
The Buddha's Teachings on Social and Communal Harmony
An Anthology of Discourses from the Pali Canon

“Through scholarship and wise discernment Bhikkhu Bodhi has chosen a set of discourses that uncover and make clear the Buddha’s approach to social affairs. A timely and powerful resource for all varieties of peace work, The Buddha’s Teachings on Social and Communal Harmony provides a direct way to refer to the Buddha’s teachings around developing civil society. This is a fantastic support and inspiration for all of us who value and wish to foster a more harmonious world.”—Sharon Salzberg, author of Lovingkindness and Real Happiness
In this volume acclaimed scholar-monk Bhikkhu Bodhi has collected and translated the Buddha’s teachings on conflict resolution, interpersonal and social problem-solving, and the forging of harmonious relationships. The selections, all drawn from the Pāli Canon, the earliest record of the Buddha’s discourses, are organized into ten thematic chapters. ...
http://www.wisdompubs.org/book/buddhas- ... al-harmony

I have yet to see a copy but it looks good.

:reading:
Kim

I've ordered and have started reading this book. I'm wondering if others have and what you think?

Happy New Year

Jake

Return to “Ethical Conduct”