My new neighbor

A forum for discussion of Buddhist ethics.
Virgo

Re: My new neighbor

Post by Virgo »

Jim1 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:23 pm I just want to say a sincere thank you to the couple people on this thread who tried to help workout attacking me. It's much appreciated and good karma coming your way for sure.
We are helping you. In life we are better off when we mind our own business. You are an outsider looking in. You have no idea what is going on in any of those relationships. All of them may be lovers, some of them may be lovers, or none of them may be lovers. She may be open with all of them right from the beginning that she sees other people, and so on.

Kevin...
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

The only poster I really felt attacked by was Karma Dorje,

And I'd ignore the whole thing if it wasn't right outside my window. I don't really care what any of them does(as long as they"re not breaking the law), but keep it away from me is my stance. Anyway, thank you for posting Kevin.
"He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana." Buddha
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Jim1 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:52 pm And I'd ignore the whole thing if it wasn't right outside my window. I don't really care what any of them does(as long as they"re not breaking the law), but keep it away from me is my stance. Anyway, thank you for posting Kevin.
Well I hope the noise does not become too disturbing for you.

All the best,

Kevin
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jim1 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:23 pm
Of course I'd feel the same way.

And way to pile on here man. Very Buddhist of you.
You brought it up. I just asked you some questions.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

You don't even know if they have an "arrangement"...the advice to mind your own business seems good. People have the right to mess up their lives.

It'd be different I suppose if this person was someone close to you, who you regularly had deep conversations with. In this situation though, I don't see how you're getting involved would do any good at all.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

Thanks everyone, I just had a LONG conversation worth her this afternoon. She insisted that both guys are just friends and that she is single. I told her so am I and I truly feel like we had a moment there.

This is the problem I think. I like her.
"He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana." Buddha
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Jim1 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 am Thanks everyone, I just had a LONG conversation worth her this afternoon. She insisted that both guys are just friends and that she is single. I told her so am I and I truly feel like we had a moment there.

This is the problem I think. I like her.
Well, obviously. That's been the problem from the start, any fool can see. You like her and are jealous, which is very human. :)
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Try to see her as a normal human being nevertheless. :)
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

You might want to look into Kurukulla practice.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

dzogchungpa wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:50 pm You might want to look into Kurukulla practice.
May you have a nice day.

Kevin...
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

Good points everyone, thanks.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Personally...i would be very creeped out of one of my neighbors got too friendly with me. It would also be very uncomfortable living there if you got involved with this woman...then realized you made a big mistake...

Is this your first time living on your own ?
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

I certainly hope she's not creeped out. I've only had a few actual conversations with her, I see her outside all the time and just say "hi."

Anyway, I've lived on my own pretty much my whole adult life. And I agree with you that if I dated her and it didn't work out then it would probably be even more uncomfortable living here. Certainly something to think about. Thank you.

Return to “Ethical Conduct”