Stupa Appreciation Thread

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
DGA
Former staff member

Stupa Appreciation Thread

Post by DGA »

Let's generate some merit by recommending stupas to each other.

There are stupas in Myanmar/Burma and Nepal I would love to visit, of course, but right now I'm committed to seeing some important ones in North America, primarily in the US West: the Zuni Mountain stupa, the main stupa at the Shambhala Mountain Center in Colorado, and many others. Whenever I'm in Seattle, I make a point of taking the bus to 85th & Greenwood Ave. N, and then walking over to Sakya Monastery to see Dezhung Rinpoche's stupa. And so on.

I would like to know about your experiences with stupas of all kinds, anywhere on earth. Please post pictures if you can. Travel is relatively easy right now because the petroleum window is still open, so now's the time to make pilgrimage while pilgrimage can be made.
zerwe

Re: Stupa Appreciation Thread

Post by zerwe »

We have a beautiful stupa at the center I attend in Raleigh, NC.
Here is a link to a photo gallery on the FPMT website that chronicles the entire building process.
http://fpmt.org/projects/fpmt/stupa/it- ... e-a-stupa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shaun :anjali:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Jikan wrote:but right now I'm committed to seeing some important ones in North America, primarily in the US West: the Zuni Mountain stupa, the main stupa at the Shambhala Mountain Center in Colorado, and many others.
The Stupa at Shambhala Mountain Colorado will always have a special place in my heart. My wife and I were married at Shambhala and my kids went through rites of passage ceremonies there.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

My avatar photo is from the inside of Shambhala Mountain (while it was being renovated).

A photo from after renovation:

michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Bodha.jpg
Bodha.jpg (196.06 KiB) Viewed 21133 times
The great stupa of Jarungkashor in Boudha. A truly wonderful place.

Return to “Shrine Room”