Shrine of non-duality

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
kalden yungdrung

Shrine of non-duality

Post by kalden yungdrung » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Tashi delek members,

Well here the shrine i possess temporal.
Shrine4.jpg
Shrine4.jpg (401.67 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
You clearly can see that there are no offering bowls and other Tantric stuff.
I did stop since a long time with this all, because i have no time for it anymore , so i found out for myself that Dzogchen is better.

Must say that i did practice Tantra and did the general and specific Tantric (dualistic) rituals. (outer /inner and secret).

Mutsug Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation

tingdzin

Re: Shrine of non-duality

Post by tingdzin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Beautiful shrine. Did you now Kalu Rinpoche, or is that someone else on the far right?

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:13 pm

tingdzin wrote:Beautiful shrine. Did you now Kalu Rinpoche, or is that someone else on the far right?
Tashi delek T, :)

Yes it is / was, Kyabje Dorje Chang Kalu Rinpoche from the Shangpa Kagyud with Monastery Sonada / Darjeeling.
I knew Kalu Rinpoche very well and did serve him many times with tea, making fire in the room, cleaning his bathroom etc.
Also Bokar Rinpoche the person with the Pandita Hat i did serve many times with breakfast where we did together the job.

It is amazing that the "new" Kalu Rinpoche was raped in a Monastery, that he did have a smoke etc.
All karma?
But i know he is back into the saddle again and i am happy for Him.

Tibetans and their crual power politics can be sometimes very cruel .
Sometimes i like them and sometimes Tibetans are disgusting to me, but that counts for everything, isn't it?

All photos are signed and very precious for me.

Mutsug Marro
KY

smcj

Post by smcj » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 pm

What kind of Refuge Tree is that? It is beautiful.
I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against Lama abuse.

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:58 pm

smcj wrote:What kind of Refuge Tree is that? It is beautiful.
Tashi delek smcj,

Well it is the Refuge Tree from the Tibetan Bon Tradition.
The Statue is our Buddha Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche, the founder of Bon.

Mutsug Marro
KY

Karma_Yeshe

Post by Karma_Yeshe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:48 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote: (...) so i found out for myself that Dzogchen is better.
This does not really sound nondualistic, does it?

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Karma_Yeshe wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote: (...) so i found out for myself that Dzogchen is better.
This does not really sound nondualistic, does it?

Tashi delek KY,

Why do you think so ?

Mutsug Marro
KY

Karma_Yeshe

Post by Karma_Yeshe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote: This does not really sound nondualistic, does it?

Tashi delek KY,

Why do you think so ?

Mutsug Marro
KY
Because for something being "better" there's got to be something "worse". Then usually we reject the "bad" thing and embrace the "good" thing. This has something to do with attachment. And Dzogchen has nothing to do with attachment.

philji

Post by philji » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Karma_Yeshe wrote:

Tashi delek KY,

Why do you think so ?

Mutsug Marro
KY
Because for something being "better" there's got to be something "worse". Then usually we reject the "bad" thing and embrace the "good" thing. This has something to do with attachment. And Dzogchen has nothing to do with attachment.
Well said......maybe more a shrine of mixed up lineage.

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Karma_Yeshe wrote:

Tashi delek KY,

Why do you think so ?

Mutsug Marro
KY

Tashi delek KY,

Thanks for your post / reply.

Well Dzogchen is certainly not based on dualisms, therefore it is better or the best one can learn /practice in this live according Dzogchenpas .
In Dzogchen is all and everything integrated therefore Dzogchen is 108% complete.
Attachment i don't have with other methods i can drop it because it is all inside Dzogchen.

Better is a word which prescribes a path and for some Dzogchenpas, Dzogchen is a better approach to Buddhahood than another system can give.
That will not mean That Tantra and Sutra would be senseless.

If somebody cannot understand Dzogchen it is BETTER that he/she does practice Tantra or Sutra.
Nothing is better here but some prefer something else which is better for them. Better = it helps them more on the path........0 :twothumbsup:

What is poison for someone
Is medicine for another one
and vice versa.

Mutsug Marro
KY

Karma_Yeshe

Post by Karma_Yeshe » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:32 am

kalden yungdrung wrote: Tashi delek KY,

Well Dzogchen is certainly not based on dualisms, therefore it is better or the best one can learn /practice in this live according Dzogchenpas .
In Dzogchen is all and everything integrated therefore Dzogchen is 108% complete.
Attachment i don't have with other methods i can drop it because it is all inside Dzogchen.

Better is a word which prescribes a path and for some Dzogchenpas, Dzogchen is a better approach to Buddhahood than another system can give.

If somebody cannot understand Dzogchen it is BETTER that he/she does practice Tantra or Sutra.
Nothing is better here but some prefer something else which is better for them. Better = it helps them more on the path........0 :twothumbsup:

and vice versa.

Mutsug Marro
KY
Hello Mutsug Marro,

Dzogchen is including the essence of Sutra and Tantra, so droping those is not really within the tradition. In the tradition I follow, Ati-Yoga is a part of Vajrayana.
Or as Dilgo Khyentse put it:
"On one occasion, I (=Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche) asked Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, “Is it necessary for someone with realization to recite prayers and mantras?” And he replied, “Someone who has that kind of realisation is like space. What harm could recitation possibly do to space?” And he continued, “To recite even a single mani mantra, or to recite the Vajra Guru mantra a few times, is only going to help. It’s not going to hurt, is it?”" http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Yidam

Karma Yeshe

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:03 am

Karma_Yeshe wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote: Tashi delek KY,

and vice versa.

Mutsug Marro
KY
Hello Mutsug Marro,

Dzogchen is including the essence of Sutra and Tantra, so droping those is not really within the tradition. In the tradition I follow, Ati-Yoga is a part of Vajrayana.
Or as Dilgo Khyentse put it:
"On one occasion, I (=Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche) asked Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, “Is it necessary for someone with realization to recite prayers and mantras?” And he replied, “Someone who has that kind of realisation is like space. What harm could recitation possibly do to space?” And he continued, “To recite even a single mani mantra, or to recite the Vajra Guru mantra a few times, is only going to help. It’s not going to hurt, is it?”" http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Yidam

Karma Yeshe

Tashi delek KY,

Thanks for the replies.

I never did deny that external / outer rituals like mantras would be wrong, isn't it?
Sure one can go from outer to inner and from inner to secret no problem.

Because Dzogchen is 1108% complete we as Dzogchenpas can integrate very easy prayers etc. also no problem.
The problem is if one does need it or not.

Well that is very individual seen you know.
I know Buddhas don't live on my dualistic prayers i guess they don't need it so much :D
If they would do so they would die if they did not get food prayers.

So the space is not hurt and nobody is hurt if we do prayers or not.
But if EGO needs to be diminished to a certain degree than prayers and wishes are very helpfull no doubt about it.
So i do also some prayers out of automatism . If i see a terrible thing happening then OM MA NI PEME HUNG or OM MA TRI MU YE SA LE DU is revolving automaticly can't help it, it is also like that.

Mutsug Marro
Kalden Yungdrung is the name and not Mutsug ;)

Karma_Yeshe

Post by Karma_Yeshe » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:33 am

kalden yungdrung wrote: I never did deny that external / outer rituals like mantras would be wrong, isn't it?
Mantras don't just function on an outer level.
It is e.g. said that certain amounts of the recitation of the Vajraguru-Mantra lead to the state of Padmasabhava.
kalden yungdrung wrote: Well that is very individual seen you know.
What do you mean :?:

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Karma_Yeshe wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote: I never did deny that external / outer rituals like mantras would be wrong, isn't it?
Mantras don't just function on an outer level.
It is e.g. said that certain amounts of the recitation of the Vajraguru-Mantra lead to the state of Padmasabhava.
---------------
Very good that you practice om ah hung vajra guru pema siddhi hung.Did practice it a few million times as outer and the result is that one can see Guru Pema Yungnye very clear, already in this live.Sure one can be reborn on the copper mountain during bardo of death if you like, it is all personal meant, Dharma.
The most of the humans cannot or don't practice Dharma,also personal freedom.
But general seen is Dharma practice based on the level of understanding and karma.
Karma would be :healthy body and mind, level of understanding, poor or rich, slave or a free man, war or not,etc.

So that is meant with personal method ,vision, understanding and the bardo state.
I guess there is no one thing which does count for everybody (as method) as the same. It is like a suit made on seize by the tailor. But now days such a suit is rare and expensive. Mostly the most get factory suits ,mass suits............

Therefore do I see Dharma practice as very individual and there the methods etc.can vary great.

Mutsug marro,
KY.
kalden yungdrung wrote: Well that is very individual seen you know.
What do you mean :?:

Return to “Shrine Room”