Bodhisattva

If you're new to the forum or new to Buddhism, this is the best place for your questions. Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
cjdevries

Bodhisattva

Post by cjdevries »

What if a person looks within and cannot generate the proper remorse for unskillful or harmful action? Is there a Bodhisattva one can call on who can help one reform and return to humility and humanity?
"Every weed is a treasure" -Suzuki Roshi
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

cjdevries

Re: Bodhisattva

Post by cjdevries »

Tara perhaps?
"Every weed is a treasure" -Suzuki Roshi
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Mind training would be better. Think about the cause and effect. Read Patrul Rinpoche's Words of My Perfect Teacher it has an amazing chapter on karma for example. Also meditating on impermanence is a good idea and well... in general the 4 thoughts are important.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

cjdevries wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 pm
What if a person looks within and cannot generate the proper remorse for unskillful or harmful action? Is there a Bodhisattva one can call on who can help one reform and return to humility and humanity?
Since this is a block of empathy or compassion at heart, Avalokiteshvara might be a nice choice also.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Könchok Thrinley wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:26 pm
Mind training would be better. Think about the cause and effect. Read Patrul Rinpoche's Words of My Perfect Teacher it has an amazing chapter on karma for example. Also meditating on impermanence is a good idea and well... in general the 4 thoughts are important.
This. Cut out the middle man. Let’s be the Buddhadharma equivalent of monotheists.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.

明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

:good:

Also, purification, like the 35 Confession Buddhas if you have time, and Namgyälma or Vajrasattva if you only have time for a mantra.
With a heart wandering in ignorance down this path and that, to guide me I simply say Namu-Amida-Butsu. -- Ippen

Reciting the nembutsu and believing in birth in the Pure Land naturally give rise to the Three Minds and the Four Modes of Practice. -- Master Hōnen

Return to “Discovering Mahayana Buddhism”