Tibetan Calendar

If you're new to the forum or new to Buddhism, this is the best place for your questions. Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Special Days

Post by kirtu »

There will be a lunar eclipse 4 April, 2015 over the Pacific. This can be seen before dawn in the Western US and Saturday evening in Asia.

Merit/demerit is multiplied 10,000 times.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
kalden yungdrung

Re: Tibetan Calendar

Post by kalden yungdrung »

kirtu wrote:
Ngawang Drolma wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:
Tashi delek Laura, :)

Thanks for your link about a Tibetan Dharma Calendar.

But maybe could i add this link too?
http://home.valornet.com/overbeck/tibet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best wishes for our auspicious days

Mutsog Marro
Kalden Yungdrung
I love this one, I always used it until I got a Mac. I can't find a mac version to download anywhere. If anyone has a suggestion I'd be most grateful!

Best,
Laura
We could easily write a Java version (which will run on all machines) and give it to Buz.

Kirt

Tashi delek L and K,

I did read that Buz did pass away.
So his Tibetan Calendar is not anymore available.

Mutsug Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Tashi delek L and K,

I did read that Buz did pass away.
So his Tibetan Calendar is not anymore available.

Mutsug Marro
KY
Kalden - Buz did pass away several years ago. I rolled out a Tibetan Calendar based on his for two years but shortly after that the machine I was working on died and I didn't have a backup. So I haven't found the time in two years to rewrite the Java calendar.

Nowadays most (or at least many) people have Android devices and there are several Tibetan Buddhist calendars for Android that are excellent.

Here is one that looks promising and has excellent artwork (no software that I write will ever have excellent artwork): http://ppclink.com/apps/os/android/prod ... endar.html This calendar app can be found on Google Play.

Kirt

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."

HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Wayfaring_Man

Post by Wayfaring_Man »

That above one is very good.

Please be careful with the calendars on Google Play. At least one very nice calendar I have used on Android is also full of practice texts for a particular demon.

The one he just linked as well as the Drukpa one I linked before that are both fine, however.
Wouldn't it be best to resolve to be done with business and distraction?
Although you serve your superiors, they will never be pleased.
Although you care for your subordinates, they will never be satisfied.
Although you consider the wishes of others with affection, they will never give you a thought.
Think about it, make a definite choice.
~ Patrul Rinpoche, "The Heart Treasure of the Enlightened Ones"
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Special Days

Post by kirtu »

cduchen.jpeg
cduchen.jpeg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 14234 times
Chokhor Duchen 2015 - the 4th day of the 6th month of the Tibetan Buddhist calendar, the First Turning of the wheel of Shakyamuni Buddha begins at sunrise 5:12 am in Bodhgaya on 20 July (11:42 pm GMT 19 July) - just a few minutes from now (I'm posting at 7:40 pm on 19 July, 2015).

Happy Chokhor Duchen!

Kirt

HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Discovering Mahayana Buddhism”