Interested in Tara practice.

If you're new to the forum or new to Buddhism, this is the best place for your questions. Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
Nebetmiw

Interested in Tara practice.

Post by Nebetmiw »

Greetings all,

I am looking into information on Tara practice. I have three Kindle books, Skillful Grace, How to free your mind and Tara The feminine define. Also have read a few basic Buddhism books in general and about specific about Tibetan Buddhism by HHDL.

Now my issue is I live in the country and own a small farm. This makes going to a retreat next to impossible because of feeding and milking schedule. My closest big Tibetan Temple is four hours plus one way. It is not possible for me to do that as that is all day into night driving for me. So what other options do I have if I would like to get instruction on Tara practice and lung, take refuge ect.

Thanks in advance. :namaste:
Losal Samten

Re: Interested in Tara practice.

Post by Losal Samten »

There are Lamas that give Tara teachings via the internet, you could research into those. In the meantime, Tara's dharani is practicable without lung.

http://www.fpmtabc.org/download/sutra/S ... _fears.pdf
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

You should definitely check Tara’s Triple Excellence out.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hello,

maybe you would be interested in Tara's Triple Excellence https://dharmasun.org/tte/. I don't have any experience with the program but it is supposed to take you from the basics of buddhist path to vajrayana. The teacher behind this is according to my knowledge quite amazing and I bet there are some of his students who can tell you more.

Easy way to get lung for Tara practice is tuning in for Choegyal Namkhai Norbu's teachings via webcast as he always gives the lung at the end of his retreats. From my perspective there is nothing more you could need than his teachings and enough diligence to put them into practice, but it is my view of things.

You can pray to Tara even now and recite her mantra or 21 praises. I strongly recommend this as it will for sure help you with finding an opportunity to receive teachings.

There is a basic practice of Tara in this article:
http://buddhaweekly.com/limitless-tara- ... tion-hero/

If I am correct you can just visualise the Tara infront of you and say her mantra or recite the 21 praises, but please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Don't forget to dedicate merit for the benefit of all beings. ;)

Hope this helps a bit.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Nebetmiw

Post by Nebetmiw »

Thank you all I shall look further in to these.

Return to “Discovering Mahayana Buddhism”