konchog Chidu text commentaries

If you're new to the forum or new to Buddhism, this is the best place for your questions. Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
ibert009

konchog Chidu text commentaries

Post by ibert009 »

dear All!
Could somebody please tell me where to find commentaries about the practice of the Konchog Chidu sadhana?
The preferred language for reading the book/text-commentary is English.
Thank you in advance for sharing and your help!

So far I have only found the following information displayed below...

(http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/Konchok_Chidu)
"With dozens of adaptations and commentaries written by the greatest of masters throughout Tibet, Bhutan and even Nepal, Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, Karma Chagme Rinpoche, Palpung Situ Pema Nyinje, Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye, Jamgon Mipham Rinpoche and many more. "Union of the Three Jewels", "Unification of the Three Precious Jewels", "Unification of All Rare and Precious Jewels’’ (Lama Chokyi Nyima); these are some of the other title translations I've seen.[BL]"

Best regards!

P.S. so far I could only guess that it could be included in the 4 volume set "Gateway to knowledge", of Jamgon Mipham Rinpoche but it is uncertain...
And as far as a commentary by Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro I could only guess it is included in the Great Treasury of knowledge, though I only have one volume and its not there.
conebeckham

Re: konchog Chidu text commentaries

Post by conebeckham »

If you have the empowerment, Thrangu Rinpoche has published some commentary, which I think you may find via Dharmadhatu.

You won't find any commentaries in the places you mentioned.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I should have said, also, that it's best to obtain instructions, in person, from someone who holds the transmission. This should go without saying, but perhaps you don't know?

Having said that, a quick google search reveals much:

http://www.vajraechoes.com/product_p/dp ... cvpmp3.htm
http://www.vajraechoes.com/product_p/th ... pkcdvd.htm

Some info on the Ngondro of the Konchok Chi Du cycle:

https://www.nalandatranslation.org/prod ... ted-texts/

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
ibert009

Post by ibert009 »

thank you for the information! Already into it.

I am gathering information about this specific terma for personal inspiration to enrich the practice.
Occasionally, I have seen here and there references of a commentary to the practice of Jamgon Kontrul Lodro.
I thought since lately there have been so many translations of his writings into english
it would have been published somewhere, being such a popular and precious terma.

In person, oral instructions are the best... No question about that!
Thank you!
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche's commentary follow's Kongtrul's text, if I recall.

Lhamo55

Post by Lhamo55 »

If you're interested in Nalanda Translation's practice materials (only KC ngondro text is listed on the website), they require a written request addressed to the Sakyang. You'd need to inform him who gave the empowerment and when, when and from whom you've received pointing out instructions, and a brief summary of your current practice. The complete practice manual includes two commentaries.

I don't see them listed on their website any more but Namse Bangdzo used to have a DVD explaining the daily practice and a session led by Yeshe Palmo; a nice thangka print that came with a cheat sheet and Nalanda Translation's daily practice which, as you probably discovered, available free online at Namo Buddha's website. Wouldn't hurt to write and ask if the DVD is still available, I thought it was nicely done.

If this interests you, send me a message for more info. BTW I'm on the lookout for news of a KC retreat so if you hear of any, would you let me know?
Renee

Return to “Discovering Mahayana Buddhism”