whats the head count in SGI 2017

Minobu

whats the head count in SGI 2017

Post by Minobu »

i was wondering how many people are now members in SGI in 2017.
When i was practicing before the big split up and divorce nightmare there were 3 million world wide.
i don't think that was exaggerated.
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Re: whats the head count in SGI 2017

Post by narhwal90 »

Couldn't say about world-wide #'s OTOH at least in the US there have been several community centers opening per-year nationwide. I visited the colorado springs center back in August, had a nice evening- a couple newcomers and just as diverse a crowd as I usually see in the DC/Baltimore area. The general atmosphere is business-as-usual though we're all kind of waiting to see what happens after Mr Ikeda passes. I don't know how much pent-up change is there waiting though I expect quite a bit will start happening.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

so the jazzy guy mentioned 12,000,000 so is that accurate or pretty uch a ball park figure give or take 3 or 4 million
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

wikipedia says "approx 12 million" as per SGI, though the basis for the calculation is not given. These days the encouragement is to sign up for the World Tribute etc online, donations accepted there too so #'s based on that would be pretty firm OTOH there is a prominent contingent who stays on paper, handing the materials around or even not signing up for anything... so guestimates apply as always lol. I suppose I'd be in +/- few million camp if I had to vote.

Return to “Soka Gakkai/SGI”