Bizarre Conversation

SunWuKong

Bizarre Conversation

Post by SunWuKong »

On the internet. The person i chatted with said that they were Buddha, not satisfied with having Buddha-Nature or being a Buddha-to-be, or Bodhisattva. I added that one ought not wish to be Buddha, and they assured me they didn't. They had practiced 35 years and were quick with all the answers, but i meekly pointed out that Worldlings aren't adepts, so no one will know what they were talking about. I stressed the importance of practice and training, but was mocked. What I failed to do was take a stand - on whether anything might or might not arise from a Mind established in Sunyata. In other words, that it's not about how we judge things, but whether we have mastery over our own mental effluents or not...
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam
jkarlins

Re: Bizarre Conversation

Post by jkarlins »

you know, that happens very regularly. There's a guy on Facebook who claims to be Maitreya, young guy, clearly mentally ill.

The only danger (to us) happens when people like that start asking for donations or taking on students. But they're usually transparent enough that this doesn't draw anyone in, anyone who's had exposure to the real dharma.

Jake
fuki

Post by fuki »

SunWuKong wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 pm On the internet. The person i chatted with said that they were Buddha, not satisfied with having Buddha-Nature or being a Buddha-to-be, or Bodhisattva. I added that one ought not wish to be Buddha, and they assured me they didn't. They had practiced 35 years and were quick with all the answers, but i meekly pointed out that Worldlings aren't adepts, so no one will know what they were talking about. I stressed the importance of practice and training, but was mocked. What I failed to do was take a stand - on whether anything might or might not arise from a Mind established in Sunyata. In other words, that it's not about how we judge things, but whether we have mastery over our own mental effluents or not...
Well one of the funny side-effects of the internet is how it shows that humanoids are pretty narcissistic creatures, which is merely an observation not a judgment or anything. But I think this applies to most social mammals, one just more then the other which depends on a myriad of psychological events throughout one's life, mostly in one's youth combined with one's nature. With nature I mean "inborst" which is Dutch for in-breast. Predispositions,karma,dna whatever we want to call it. But in daily life too ppl can live together in a relationship for decades yet still not know each other, because we tend to life in ideas of each other instead of in awareness of each other. So we often waste our relations in discussing about who's right or wrong, who's "enlightened" or not, the whole self/other fabrication is a tiresome loophole which is nothing but our own narrative, it's kind of an art to know when to walk/talk or to walk away/remain silent. In any case asserting and negating is often a self defense mechanism/habit which like narcism happens to the "best" of us, I find "the mirror" funny and interesting at the same time, ironically it still takes "two to tango"
relation=emptiness, I tend to see the poetry and humor in this circus ride :rolleye:
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

SunWuKong wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 pm On the internet. The person i chatted with said
Re: Bizzare Burns
On the stove. I placed my hand onto the lit burner and

Return to “Zen”