Praise for Dave Kruemcke

steveb1

Praise for Dave Kruemcke

Post by steveb1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:44 pm

For Jodo Shinshu adherents, I would like to recommend Dave Kruemcke and his You Tube channel.

Dave is a forthright Shin Buddhist whose videos are incisive and frequently salty in expression, especially when he outlines his somewhat horrendous past family-and-living experiences, and the understandable irritation he feels when dealing with samsaric situations and beings in his daily life. He relates how his job as a barista puts him into contact with all kinds of people - both customers and staff - that provoke him to constantly meditate on what living a Shin life means in all these contexts

Dave never forgets that he, and his Shin Buddhist fellow religionists – are bombus.
We are not holy, we are not saints, we are not Buddhas (yet), and we await our Buddhahood only after death and entry into Amida Buddha’s Pure Land, where our hitherto “dormant” Buddha Nature will be awakened and we will ourselves become Buddhas.

Dave is very straight, frank and forthright on this issue. He pulls no punches when disseminating the Amida Dharma, or when critiquing various “attitudes” carried by we bombus. Dave can be quite bitingly funny when he calls out the absurdities of both the secular and the religious life.

I would highly recommend Dave Kruemcke to all who are interested in Shin practice as lived in all the vicissitudes of modern life in the USA. Be prepared for a few rare stretches of profane language - language, however, that fits into Dave's relentlessly honest evaluations.

Dave Kruemcke's videos can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIv_qy ... MzQ/videos

Shingyo

Re: Praise for Dave Kruemcke

Post by Shingyo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:30 am

I second this.

In my studies of Pure Land Buddhism, I came across his videos and absolutely adore what he has to say, how he presents the Pure Land path, his experiences of it, and just how REAL he is as he talks.

I have been subscribed to his channel for quite some time, and just watched his most recent video this morning when I woke up. He was one of the few people that really helped me decide to follow the Pure Land path when I did.
Namo Amida Butsu

steveb1

Post by steveb1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:03 am

Shingyo wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:30 am
I second this.

In my studies of Pure Land Buddhism, I came across his videos and absolutely adore what he has to say, how he presents the Pure Land path, his experiences of it, and just how REAL he is as he talks.

I have been subscribed to his channel for quite some time, and just watched his most recent video this morning when I woke up. He was one of the few people that really helped me decide to follow the Pure Land path when I did.
Very nice to meet another "fan". He doesn't put up with, or even allow his own BS to skew his talks. He's really one of a kind.

hng1388

Post by hng1388 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 am

Hi Dharma Friends,

I have an article on my blog regarding Dave Kruemcke published in Dec.2015 under the category 'Pundarikas' - Amazing journeys to receive Shinjin.
You can read it here:

https://callofboundlesscompassion.wordp ... -kruemcke/

Namo Amida Butsu,

Gassho,

Heng

steveb1

Post by steveb1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:30 pm

hng1388 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 am
Hi Dharma Friends,

I have an article on my blog regarding Dave Kruemcke published in Dec.2015 under the category 'Pundarikas' - Amazing journeys to receive Shinjin.
You can read it here:

https://callofboundlesscompassion.wordp ... -kruemcke/

Namo Amida Butsu,

Gassho,

Heng
Heng, thank you for sharing this article.

:)

steveb1

Post by steveb1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 am

steveb1 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:44 pm
For Jodo Shinshu adherents, I would like to recommend Dave Kruemcke and his You Tube channel.

Dave is a forthright Shin Buddhist whose videos are incisive and frequently salty in expression, especially when he outlines his somewhat horrendous past family-and-living experiences, and the understandable irritation he feels when dealing with samsaric situations and beings in his daily life. He relates how his job as a barista puts him into contact with all kinds of people - both customers and staff - that provoke him to constantly meditate on what living a Shin life means in all these contexts

Dave never forgets that he, and his Shin Buddhist fellow religionists – are bombus.
We are not holy, we are not saints, we are not Buddhas (yet), and we await our Buddhahood only after death and entry into Amida Buddha’s Pure Land, where our hitherto “dormant” Buddha Nature will be awakened and we will ourselves become Buddhas.

Dave is very straight, frank and forthright on this issue. He pulls no punches when disseminating the Amida Dharma, or when critiquing various “attitudes” carried by we bombus. Dave can be quite bitingly funny when he calls out the absurdities of both the secular and the religious life.

I would highly recommend Dave Kruemcke to all who are interested in Shin practice as lived in all the vicissitudes of modern life in the USA. Be prepared for a few rare stretches of profane language - language, however, that fits into Dave's relentlessly honest evaluations.

Dave Kruemcke's videos can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIv_qy ... MzQ/videos
Although I initiated this post, somehow I lost my links to Dave's channel. He was on YouTube but using his sannyas name. However, I cannot recall what that sannyas name is, and am unable to reach the channel.

Can someone please supply his channel via his sannyas name he is currently using...?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

hng1388

Post by hng1388 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 am

Hi, Steve,

Dave Kruemcke has change his site name to Shaku Joshin here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwn045 ... 8HRoMFzTkA

Namo Amida Butsu

Gassho
Heng

steveb1

Post by steveb1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:39 pm

hng1388 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 am
Hi, Steve,

Dave Kruemcke has change his site name to Shaku Joshin here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwn045 ... 8HRoMFzTkA

Namo Amida Butsu

Gassho
Heng
Heng! Thank you very much for this "vital data"! Most kind of you, and I appreciate it.
:)

Return to “Jodo Shin Shu”