wrong autocorrect

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
weitsicht

wrong autocorrect

Post by weitsicht » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi, I probably misuse this Forum a Little but I Need some advice:
My autocorrect does some quite Randomized capital letters (at the beginning of words) that to my understanding is not in line with Correct English spelling. :shrug:
Can someone please tell me where I can Uncheck a box for this?
I'am using Windows 10 and Edge.
Thanks and Sorry, W
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

Ayu
Former staff member

Re: wrong autocorrect

Post by Ayu » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:35 am

Maybe you can fix the language somewhere?
On my Ipad I can choose the language (English, German or French) on the keypad and it helps with spelling.

I don'r know anything about windows 10. But if you search at certain forums you should get an answer quickly how to adjust that autocorrect programme. Usualy I "google" (literally ecosia) for it and get answers from those special forums when people had the same question months or years ago.
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:23 am

Ayu is right but I would add that the problem is almost certainly a setting in Edge (i.e. not Windows and not this forum's software).
If you can't find a setting in a Preferences dialog (probably called something like "capitalisation rules") and you get really annoyed by it :techproblem: perhaps you could switch to Firefox or Chrome?

:coffee:
Kim

weitsicht

Post by weitsicht » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 am

Well, These Forums say that it's non-adaptable unter Windows 10.
Firefox doesn't work stable with my Cookie restriction preferences - I guess theres one mal to choose in-between.

These whole Systems don't really get better, least to say 'slimmer' (good News though: we get G5 to support These immense data volumes)
Who is Aware that all this Generation and Transfer Costs Energy ?!?!

Thanks for your help, guys, I guess I have to love with this wrong autocorrect for the time being.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:00 pm

weitsicht wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 am
Well, These Forums say that it's non-adaptable unter Windows 10.
Firefox doesn't work stable with my Cookie restriction preferences - I guess theres one mal to choose in-between. ...
I use Firefox (on Mac) with an extension called Privacy Badger which seems to work quite well at controlling cookies. Take a look at it - it might be a good solution for you.

:coffee:
Kim

Ayu
Former staff member

Post by Ayu » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:56 pm

weitsicht wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks for your help, guys, I guess I have to love with this wrong autocorrect for the time being.
But can't you cancle the tool? A choice between yes or no has to be available.
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:

smcj

Post by smcj » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:00 am

I don'r know anything about windows 10
WINDOWS!?!?!
:techproblem:
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against Lama abuse.
2. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

Return to “Suggestion Box”