New Rule: No Support of Racist Ideologies

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
tlee

New Rule: No Support of Racist Ideologies

Post by tlee » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:31 pm

I would like to suggest a new rule forbidding advocacy, support, or defense of racist ideologies.

I would also like to suggest that moderators receive mandatory education on racism so that they can accurately identify it and the advocacy, support, and defense of racism.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Re: New Rule: No Support of Racist Ideologies

Post by Grigoris » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:19 am

That's an old rule tlee, you will find it in the terms of Service if you bother reading them. ;)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Anders

Post by Anders » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:44 am

tlee wrote:I would also like to suggest that moderators receive mandatory education on racism so that they can accurately identify it and the advocacy, support, and defense of racism.
You do know this is a voluntary project run by volunteers?

You seem to be under the impression this is an org with funds and time investments to spare.
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:That's an old rule tlee, you will find it in the terms of Service if you bother reading them. ;)
Indeed. A user was recently warned against using racist assumptions in a News and Current Events thread, if I remember correctly. I'm glad that warning was given. I'm proud of the way our team responded to the racism they saw in that thread. You can tell reddit I said so.

Here, I agree with tlee: it's a good thing our moderators are attentive to this problem, and respond appropriately when it comes up.
Last edited by DGA on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added some details

Return to “Suggestion Box”