How about an "Ignore Thread" button?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
smcj

How about an "Ignore Thread" button?

Post by smcj » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:42 pm

We already have an option to not see a specific member's posts. So how about an option to NOT have an entire thread that either offends or annoys one from coming up on their "unread posts" list?

I will admit that i click on some threads that are annoying just out of boredom. I'd rather not even see those threads come up at all.
I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against Lama abuse.

Vasana

Re: How about an "Ignore Thread" button?

Post by Vasana » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:55 am

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned regular ignoring? You know, when you just ignore something?

A button for every aversion. :coffee:
'When alone, watch your mind. When with others, watch your speech'- Old Kadampa saying.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:05 am

There is a button, it is called discernment/discrimination ( Tib. 'du-shes; Skt samjna), you'll find it just after attention... :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Ayu
Former staff member

Post by Ayu » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:45 am

smcj wrote:We already have an option to not see a specific member's posts. So how about an option to NOT have an entire thread that either offends or annoys one from coming up on their "unread posts" list?

I will admit that i click on some threads that are annoying just out of boredom. I'd rather not even see those threads come up at all.
I had that idea some times. But I didn't put any import to it, since ignoring threads is way easier than ignoring certain provocateurs.
I knew a forum, where it was possible to ignore whole subforums. And I tried that function for a while, since there were two or three creepy people occupying those forums with 'interesting" gory stuff. But I found it unpractical, because I was too much interested in what my "friends" had to say.

To the detractors of this idea I would like to say: such a technical function can help as support for the development of equanimity. :tongue: He who never gets drawn into an annoying discussion ("and who is without sin") may cast the first stone.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Return to “Suggestion Box”