Political discussions on Dharma Wheel

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
arch

Re: Political discussions on Dharma Wheel

Post by arch »

ky wrote: IMO to discuss politics here aboard is not at all a good case. . .

Therefore i want to suggest to forbid political discussions here aboard and discuss only Buddha Dharma matters, which go beyond politics, left and right winged idiots and the middle.

Maybe new TOS possible ?

Ironic that in a thread about banning political discussion, i.e. the activities associated with governance, someone would wish to change the current terms of governance. I guess that's politics!

smcj wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm
The issue of this thread is how appropriate it is to discuss politics in a venue dedicated to the discussion of Dharma. I see it as idle chatter at best.

Under that logic, most threads under the headings "Upaya" and "Teahouse of the Compassionate One" should also go, yes?
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

If you can describe to me a political movement or action that is not subject to dukkha as described in the 1st Noble Truth, then fine. Otherwise it’s just more talk of samsara. Which is ok. Talking about samsara is unavoidable.

Just realize the 1st Noble Truth explains that there can never be a samsaric utopia, either political or individual/personal. No point in pursuing a buddhist caliphate, no need for buddhist jihad.

Just sayin’.
Last edited by Schrödinger’s Yidam on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Snowbear

Post by Snowbear »

smcj wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm If you can describe to me a political movement or action that is not subject to dukkha as described in the 1st Noble Truth, then fine. Otherwise it’s just more talk of samsara. Which is ok. Talking about samsara is unavoidable.

Just realize the 1st Noble Truth explains that there can never be a samsaric utopia, either political or individual/personal. That’s why Buddhists should not wage jihad in order to establish a buddhist caliphate.
I'm with you on this.
arch

Post by arch »

smcj wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm
. . .
Just sayin’.
Uh, ok . . .

:shrug:

Return to “Suggestion Box”