Tapatalk

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
arsent

Tapatalk

Post by arsent »

To forum owners: Can you please consider to connect forum to tapatalk (activate it), so anyone can use this nice mobile app for using this great forum?
Here is the link: http://tapatalk.com/plugin.php
arsent

Re: Tapatalk

Post by arsent »

Does anybody else uses their's cell phones for purposes not only chat but read something?
If I am only one, sorry :(
Kunga Tashi

Post by Kunga Tashi »

I was going to ask if this was possible, I find the app great and would make using the forum outside the house much easier.
If not is there any plans for any other mobile platform for the forum?
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Thanks for the suggestion, everyone. We've long been interested in finding ways to make this board more accessible on mobile devices--and this conversation has come up again recently among members of the DW team. We'll look into it, and if it makes sense, we'll deploy it.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Has the team thought any more about tapatalk?
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

I'd vote against. I tried tapatalk on a few forums, found it more clumsy than the regular "mobileized" web interface and the popup banners nagging me about it to be disruptive.
cky

Post by cky »

Many people use it to keep track of multiple forums they're participating in. And while it's good for that group, it doesn't mean the usual mobile web interface will go away for the group that doesn't like Tapatalk.
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

I've no issue with it as such since I can simply not use it. My issue was that, when using a mobile on for some forums, when tap-a-talk is not being used, an non-scrolling popup appears advertising tap-a-talk taking up a considerable portion of the display and a very small close button. Maybe such a banner is there to avoid having tapatalk users always asking about getting it. If the popup scrolled away with the rest of the page heading then I could reasonably ignore it also...

Return to “Suggestion Box”