Forgiveness

Post sayings or stories from Buddhist traditions which you find interesting, inspiring or useful. (Your own stories are welcome on DW, but in the Creative Writing or Personal Experience forums rather than here.)
sara_zen17

Forgiveness

Post by sara_zen17 »

Hello,

My name is Sara. I have recently converted to the Buddhist religion and I have never felt such peace before. I am no longer scared to be myself and now I finally feel like I am apart of something. My parents have taught me ever since I was young that the world is open to explore, yet I never felt like it was.

During my elementary and middle school years I was bullied. I did not have any friends that I could rely on and I felt like I was completely worthless. I was only 12 years old when I thought about running away from everything. My homelife was different my parents thought I was happy since that is the side I showed them. I tried to have faith, my Catholic and Jewish friends tried to tell me of a god that would help me. Instead that only made me question is there even a god. If there was, why wasn't he helping the world?

I realized that those religions were not for me. I wished for a religion that would set me free. In 6th grade I learned about Buddhism, I fell in love with the story of Siddhartha Gautama. I loved how he helped people gain peace and love. I wanted that for myself and others, but I did not know to achieve this.

I started to meditate every night and day. I learned to forgive my past enemies and start anew. I learned that with love and forgiveness one can achieve enlightenment. I have learned comedy and I try my best to make people smile. I hope that one day we can all achieve enlightenment whether it is in this life or the next.

Namaste :namaste:

(P.S I love these smiley face guys! They are AWESOME! :applause: :thumbsup: :twothumbsup: )
Simon E.

Re: Forgiveness

Post by Simon E. »

Thank you for sharing.. :namaste:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
SunWuKong

Re: Forgiveness

Post by SunWuKong »

Wow, nice
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam

Return to “Dharma Stories”