Warrior of the Light & Paulo Coelho

Post sayings or stories from Buddhist traditions which you find interesting, inspiring or useful. (Your own stories are welcome on DW, but in the Creative Writing or Personal Experience forums rather than here.)
Hanzze

Warrior of the Light & Paulo Coelho

Post by Hanzze »

Dear friends,

I thought it might be useful for somebody to get some "Boddhisatva" inspiration in other words.

The manual Warrior of the Light from Paulo Coelho

_/\_
with loving kindness
Just that! :-)
cjdevries

Re: Warrior of the Light & Paulo Coelho

Post by cjdevries »

The Warrior of the Light unwittingly takes a false step and plunges into the abyss.

Ghosts frighten him and solitude torments him. His aim had been to fight the Good Fight, and he never imagines that this would happen to him, but it did. Shrouded in darkness, he makes contact with his master.

"Master, I have fallen into the abyss," he says. "The waters are deep and dark."

"Remember one thing," replies the master. "You do not drown simply by plunging into the water, you only drown if you stay beneath the surface."

And the Warrior uses all his strength to escape from his predicament.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi

Return to “Dharma Stories”