Is it possible to get a religious vaccine exemption?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Thrasymachus

Is it possible to get a religious vaccine exemption?

Post by Thrasymachus »

I am perhaps gonna get a new job that would involve me getting vaccinated yet again(already was injected too much in childhood). Since I actually know what is in vaccines including often adjuvants like aluminum, mercury(some of the most toxic substances for the body, you would have to put nuclear particles in your blood to do any worse) and diseased animal tissue, I absolutely want to avoid this possibility. Not only that but they are not effective either, they often lead to outbreaks of the disease they are alleged to prevent, other sicknesses and ailments.

Is there a way to get a religious exemption if you join a Buddhist sect? There is a Drikung Kagyu retreat center near me, where I went once. If that is not possible does anyone know about a legal exemption in New Jersey for philosophical reasons and if they are allowed to not hire or discriminate against me because I refuse to allow unknown foreign substances injected into my body? Or does anyone know if the Greek Orthodox Church(which I was born and baptized into) will allow me to get a religious exemption?

So far I found this informative website: New Jersey: VacLib.org & VaccineTruth.net Exemption Page
Thanks.
Lhug-Pa

Re: Is it possible to get a religious vaccine exemption?

Post by Lhug-Pa »

I personally know people who were able to deny both vaccination and PKU testing on their baby, on religious (Buddhist, actually) grounds. The nurses told them that they couldn't do it; yet when they called the the state, they found out that the hospital actually has state-forms for denying vaccines/PKU for religious reasons. The nurses either lied or were ignorant of the fact. So don't let any government/corporatist employees lie to you or bully you into anything. I know that you can actually deny vaccinations on religious grounds, because people have done it.
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

Yeah, but I am not a baby or a kid coming into school. I am concerned that if I refuse, I won't get hired and be doomed to live with my mother forever. They could perceive that I am a big hassle before I even formally get the job. Even if the law is on my side, technically employers have the power to screw me over anyway if they think they can get away with it. For example, I don't really have the resources to go to court to fight if no anti-vaccine organization would help me legally if it came to it. It is the way social power will always work.

Anyway since I made this thread I called the local Greek Orthodox Church and they were totally clueless and they asked if I was a member(which like everything costs money)! There is also a Christian Science reading room in my town which I called. The lady who picked was very nice and she has some experience with that as their Church does not really believe in modern medicine, but she did not really know how to help a non-member of Christian Science. She did say she would try to find a contact for me though and I can try to contact or visit a Christian Science Church, someone there should be knowledgeable about how to get an employment exemption for adults in my state.

What are the views of various Buddhist sects on vaccines? It seems the Greek Orthodox Churches are totally clueless and useless on this issue. If worst comes to worst: I'll just join Scientology if I feel I need institutional support and I cannot get it elsewhere.
Last edited by Thrasymachus on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Thrasymachus wrote:Yeah, but I am not a baby or a kid coming into school. I am concerned that if I refuse, I won't get hired and be doomed to live with my mother forever.
You can get the exemption, but this is what will most likely happen.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

Josef, what are you basing that on? Hearsay, a hunch?

It differs state by state, so even if someone you know lost a job for that reason, if they are not in NJ it is not terribly relevant for me. I would like solid info.
lobster

Post by lobster »

You can get the exemption, but this is what will most likely happen.
My understanding too, based on the circumstances and solid experience.
We are Buddhists. We know your :quoteunquote: mind :quoteunquote: better than you can possibly imagine. I don't have any excuses for that . . .
viniketa

Post by viniketa »

Thrasymachus wrote:I am concerned that if I refuse, I won't get hired and be doomed to live with my mother forever.
Very likely, since the vaccine is required. A potential employer will not be intimidated by a piece of paper. If they do not hire you, they do not have to worry. You must take them to civil court and bear the burden of proof to demonstrate that they discriminated against you on the basis of religion...

But I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV. :smile:

:namaste:
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment
Josef

Post by Josef »

Thrasymachus wrote:Josef, what are you basing that on? Hearsay, a hunch?

It differs state by state, so even if someone you know lost a job for that reason, if they are not in NJ it is not terribly relevant for me. I would like solid info.
I dont say anything based upon a hunch or here-say.
States generally recommend vaccinations, they don't require them, however institutions can require them of employees and students.
A hiring supervisor is going to be very put off by someone who is creating obstacles before they even get a job. With the number of other job seekers and competition out there you are limiting your chances of employment.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thrasymachus wrote: Since I actually know what is in vaccines including often adjuvants like aluminum, mercury...
I'm unaware of any vaccines these days that still have such ingredients. Care to share some sources indicating the existence of such vaccines nowadays?
Thrasymachus wrote: Not only that but they are not effective either, they often lead to outbreaks of the disease they are alleged to prevent, other sicknesses and ailments.
Umm, in this day and age this is just bullshit.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

http://occupycorporatism.com/tag/vaccines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe ... zqqjWE12q0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Lhugpa, ummmm... Do you really expect anyone with any critical thinking skills to take the above websites seriously?! Come onnnnn... That first link alone sounds like it was written by some paranoid 18 yr old living in his parents' basement. I mean, if you're gonna make all those outlandish and unsupported claims, at least do yourself a favor and don't make the whole piece riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

How about something from some sort of peer reviewed journal with support and citations?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
chokyi lodro

Post by chokyi lodro »

If it could be demonstrated that you "joined a Buddhist sect", as you put it, just to get the religious exemption, the exemption would be null and void. You would have had to have joined a long time ago.

Just take the vaccines. What are they for anyway?
~ Chökyi Lodrö
viniketa

Post by viniketa »

Thrasymachus wrote:It differs state by state, so even if someone you know lost a job for that reason, if they are not in NJ it is not terribly relevant for me.
Actually, since freedom of religion is constitutional, this does not differ state by state; constitutional protections are guaranteed by federal enforcement and courts.

:namaste:
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

I found the page of a vaccine rights lawyer. Here is his page on employment issues:
http://www.vaccinerights.com/healthcareworkers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I get a callback I think I am going to retain his services for a consultation and possible legal letter as I really want the job, while avoiding vaccinations and it seems the most iron-clad approach. He also has an e-book for sale about legal vaccine exemptions I may purchase also.

@markadm:
That is a good point. I think for a religious exemption it is safer to go the Greek Orthodox route since I can document I was baptized into that Christian sect. To me it is a big deal to get vaccinated because I know what it is in them and don't want to poison myself. It is kind of like eating meat. If you don't know how much fecal matter, bugs and unknown substances your government allows for it to still be considered safe and government approved during the scant inspections, you are ok with it. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

@To the arrogant person acting like we are his personal researchers:
We are not. Ultimately if at whatever age you are now, you have not figured out what is in vaccines you will never want to. I used to work as a house painter for a bit and went into the houses of lots of college educated professionals. I saw their bookshelves and exactly how much serious reading they didn't do. Unfortunately in this society people only care for the knowledge that gives them a possible financial reward, sadly.

For those actually interested here is a CDC.gov: Vaccine Excipient & Media Summary Excipients Included in U.S. Vaccines, by Vaccine[PDF]
Personally I think that list is too mild and conservative, since all those vaccines have to be cultured and sourced from somewhere such as diseased monkey tissue, sometimes human cadavers, and they do not disclose all that very truthfully in all the listed vaccines. But they do often mention aluminum compounds, formaldehyde, thimerosal(mercury), monkey kidney cells, bovine, chicken "protein", other foreign animal content, etc.!

There is also this great video of Gary Null speaking out at an NYS[New York State] Assembly meeting on the issue of vaccines:
phpBB [video]

he provides lots of strong evidence against vaccination there.

Overall though, I am beyond debating it on this thread, if someone wants to debate they should create another thread. I was hoping I could have found at least one person interested in homeopathic medicine who themselves obtained a workplace vaccine exemption, but no such luck.
krodha

Post by krodha »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Lhugpa, ummmm... Do you really expect anyone with any critical thinking skills to take the above websites seriously?! Come onnnnn... That first link alone sounds like it was written by some paranoid 18 yr old living in his parents' basement. I mean, if you're gonna make all those outlandish and unsupported claims, at least do yourself a favor and don't make the whole piece riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

How about something from some sort of peer reviewed journal with support and citations?
There's a good documentary out there called "The Greater Good" about vaccination dangers. Unfortunately it appears to be somewhat suppressed although some television channels like Current TV have aired it in the past. I've tried to keep an objective point of view on the issue but some of the evidence is very compelling, enough so that apart from 2 or 3 important ones, my son doesn't get vaccinations. That documentary is definitely worth checking out if you want more info.

Personally, If I was going in for a job and they wouldn't give it to me unless I injected some sh*t into my body I would respectfully decline and be on my way.

phpBB [video]
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

asunthatneversets wrote:
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]

Looks like a great film. Haven't seen it, though I have read related research.

Kevin
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

Today I finally got a call back from this job that I have been chasing for over a year for a physical. I should be happy, but I am not. Instead I am terrified and anxious. I called their health department and found out I would have to take a Montaux test for Tuberculosis. I am having trouble finding equivalent info for the Montaux test as I was able to find for vaccine incipients/ingredients, because contrary to most people I don't want to put harmful, unknown substances in my body just because someone with a white coat and a medical degree says to. The best I could find was this:
FDA.gov wrote: Tuberculin Purified Protein Derivative (PDF)
(Mantoux)
Diagnostic Antigen
(Aid in the detection of infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis)
FOR INTMDERMAL USE
Polysorbate 80 Stabilized Solution of Tuberculin Purified Protein Derivative for Tuberculin

But that is not very informative. From where/what is the tuberculin protein cultured from? Diseased rotting human tissue, animals, fetuses? Do they use additives such as thimerosal(mercury) like vaccines?

I want the job, but I don't want unknown substances inside me as well. I am likely going to hire the vaccine rights attorney Alan Phillips. I already have his e-book, read a few dozen pages of it and have listened to podcasts of his radio show. A while ago on a podcast he said that basically there is no express right for an individual to control what goes into their body or not. The government does however grant religious freedom, which can be used to regulate what goes into your body, hopefully. It all just seems so macabre and frightening from where I sit.

I don't know what to do. I don't have much time either only 3 days, the physical is this Monday morning coming up. Is this montaux test as harmful as a vaccine? Can I avoid the test and still land the job? How do I find out this employer's vaccine policy, even?
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

If the vaccines & medical procedures upset you that much. Why do you want to work for those people. There's plenty of jobs out there that don't require medicals & vaccinations. If it makes you feel any better for my line of work, I have to be immunised for hepatitis A & B & tetanus & also undergo a rigorous medical every 2 years. I do physically hard work & have survived unscathed until now (almost 50 years). I have no medical training but I'm in reasonably good condition for my age, so I don't think that these immunisations are too harmful to your health.
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

I don't really want to really go deep into this, especially with Buddhists and their well known "meditation first" mentality which they use to deny and ignore social reality. There are not that many good jobs out there, 41% of jobs in the USA pay $20,000 a year or less, and only 24.6% of jobs are good jobs that pay a living wage. This is the USA, mind you, some countries like for example Greece where almost half my family lives, it is much worse. Saying just find another job like there are so many jobs that pay a living wage smacks of privilege, likely white baby boomer privilege in this case. Also just because other people don't care about what goes into their body, but care about celeb-reality and other nonsense, doesn't mean I am gonna follow their poor example and lifestyle choices. There is lots of evidence about the damage vaccines do.

ball-of-string

Post by ball-of-string »

This will be my situation in a year or two. In my state, there is legislation moving forward that will require all health care workers to get the flu vaccine each year. I have abstained from flu vaccines for the past 5 years, and plan to continue to do so. I think it is a bit ironic: every health care worker I know has called in sick due to the flu sometime in the past 3 months, despite having been vaccinated. I end up working extra shifts in my workplace, covering for the infected, despite being unvaccinated. :shrug:

Return to “Lounge”