Myers-Briggs personality test

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Bristollad

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Post by Bristollad » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Ayu wrote: :thinking: But this must relate strongly to the kind of people you have to deal with.
It must be some kind of interaction though.
I think, when I was living in the flat share with some obtruders, I would have received an "I" on this test.
I think that's the point - for an introvert, it doesn't matter what kind of people it is: all social interactions are tiring whether good, bad, indifferent enjoyable or horrifying. At some point, an introvert has to retreat and re-energise. For instance, I could only take around an hour of my wedding reception before taking a break from everyone and I was thoroughly enjoying myself :smile:

Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:45 pm

Bristollad wrote:
Ayu wrote: :thinking: But this must relate strongly to the kind of people you have to deal with.
It must be some kind of interaction though.
I think, when I was living in the flat share with some obtruders, I would have received an "I" on this test.
I think that's the point - for an introvert, it doesn't matter what kind of people it is: all social interactions are tiring whether good, bad, indifferent enjoyable or horrifying. At some point, an introvert has to retreat and re-energise. For instance, I could only take around an hour of my wedding reception before taking a break from everyone and I was thoroughly enjoying myself :smile:
Okay. :smile: I see.
I also need time to retreat and re-energise, but not that soon. :cheers:
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

boda

Post by boda » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:46 am

INFP-T

Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:40 am

INTP-T
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།

Karma_Yeshe

Post by Karma_Yeshe » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

ISFJ-A, DEFENDER

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 pm

INFP-A / MEDIATOR

pretty accurate

INFP Strengths :

Idealistic – INFPs’ friends and loved ones will come to admire and depend on them for their optimism. Their unshaken belief that all people are inherently good, perhaps simply misunderstood, lends itself to an incredibly resilient attitude in the face of hardship.
Seek and Value Harmony – People with the INFP personality type have no interest in having power over others, and don’t much care for domineering attitudes at all. They prefer a more democratic approach, and work hard to ensure that every voice and perspective is heard.
Open-Minded and Flexible – A live-and-let-live attitude comes naturally to INFPs, and they dislike being constrained by rules. INFPs give the benefit of the doubt too, and so long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged, they’ll support others’ right to do what they think is right.
Very Creative – INFPs combine their intuitive nature with their open-mindedness to allow them to see things from unconventional perspectives. Being able to connect many far-flung dots into a single theme, it’s no wonder that many INFPs are celebrated poets and authors.
Passionate and Energetic – When something captures INFPs’ imagination and speaks to their beliefs, they go all in, dedicating their time, energy, thoughts and emotions to the project. Their shyness keeps them from the podium, but they are the first to lend a helping hand where it’s needed.
Dedicated and Hard-Working – While others focusing on the challenges of the moment may give up when the going gets tough, INFPs (especially Assertive ones) have the benefit of their far-reaching vision to help them through. Knowing that what they are doing is meaningful gives people with this personality type a sense of purpose and even courage when it comes to accomplishing something they believe in.

INFP Weaknesses :

Too Idealistic – INFPs often take their idealism too far, setting themselves up for disappointment as, again and again, evil things happen in the world. This is true on a personal level too, as INFPs may not just idealize their partners, but idolize them, forgetting that no one is perfect.
Too Altruistic – INFPs sometimes see themselves as selfish, but only because they want to give so much more than they are able to. This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as they try to push themselves to commit to a chosen cause or person, forgetting to take care of the needs of others in their lives, and especially themselves.
Impractical – When something captures INFPs’ imagination, they can neglect practical matters like day-to-day maintenance and simple pleasures. Sometimes people with the INFP personality type will take this asceticism so far as to neglect eating and drinking as they pursue their passion or cause.
Dislike Dealing With Data – INFPs are often so focused on the big picture that they forget the forest is made of individual trees. INFPs are in tune with emotions and morality, and when the facts and data contradict their ideals, it can be a real challenge for them.
Take Things Personally – INFPs often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
Difficult to Get to Know – INFPs are private, reserved and self-conscious. This makes them notoriously difficult to really get to know, and their need for these qualities contributes to the guilt they often feel for not giving more of themselves to those they care about.
Your Results

“THE MEDIATOR” (INFP-A)
DIPLOMAT
CONFIDENT INDIVIDUALISM

EXTRAVERTED
37%

INTROVERTED
63%

INTUITIVE
63%

OBSERVANT
37%

THINKING
40%

FEELING
60%

PROSPECTING
66%

JUDGING
39%

ASSERTIVE
70%

TURBULENT
30%
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:57 pm

Love the way all these MEDIATOR labels pop up - all you need is one extra "t" to be a MEDITATOR.

:smile:
Kim

undefineable

Post by undefineable » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:00 am

ENFP - with autism and (lately) brain damage :stirthepot:

Happy dayyysss :P

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 am

INFP.
What I want is a view. Hannibal Lecter

The Cicada

Post by The Cicada » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:17 am

maybay wrote:I've found the Keirsey Temperament Sorter fleshes these energies out more thoroughly. Easier to relate to anthropomorthic archetypes. Kindof like how Indian devas rule every planet, constellation, asterism.

INTJ = Mastermind. :stirthepot:
I'm also INTJ, believe it or not. The linked site refers to this temperament as "The Architect."

Bristollad

Post by Bristollad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Kim O'Hara wrote:Love the way all these MEDIATOR labels pop up - all you need is one extra "t" to be a MEDITATOR.

:smile:
Kim
And being from Britain, I have extra "tea" all the time!

Sprouticus

Post by Sprouticus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:28 am

My results were INFJ - Advocate, although Intuitive was 55% and Observant was 45% so it was close.

20 years ago I was an INFP.
Namo Buddhaya

Nemo

Post by Nemo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:31 am

Another INFJ, which is roughly only 2% of the general population. We clearly suffer from group think.

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:15 am

Nemo wrote:Another INFJ, which is roughly only 2% of the general population. We clearly suffer from group think.
Suffer from group think? Benefit from it?

Which reminds me of an off-topic question which has been bugging me for weeks. It is purely a matter of English usage and it's one which feels like it should be obvious but I can't find an answer: what is the best word or phrase for the opposite to 'suffer from' ?
If we 'suffer from' high blood pressure, we ... ... low blood pressure.
If we 'suffer from' religious persecution, we ... ... religious freedom.
If we 'suffer from' our partner's flatulence :tongue: , we ... ... his/her good digestion.

I don't care if it's one word or a phrase, but what goes in the gap?

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

:bow: :bow:

etc

:namaste:
Kim

Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 am

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Nemo wrote:Another INFJ, which is roughly only 2% of the general population. We clearly suffer from group think.
Suffer from group think? Benefit from it?

Which reminds me of an off-topic question which has been bugging me for weeks. It is purely a matter of English usage and it's one which feels like it should be obvious but I can't find an answer: what is the best word or phrase for the opposite to 'suffer from' ?
If we 'suffer from' high blood pressure, we ... ... low blood pressure.
If we 'suffer from' our partner's flatulence :tongue: , we ... ... his/her good digestion.

:emb: At he risk of being pert: How do you like the phrase "to be at liberty of having" (e.g. good health) ?
I think, low blood pressure is not free from suffering, since people take pills against it as well. Maybe there is this gap in wording, because people have not enough use for this phrase. There are too less (or even no) phenomena free from suffering.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

DharmaChakra

Post by DharmaChakra » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:58 am

Namaste,

Its hard for me to take these to seriously but I gave it go. I did it 3 times and on each occasion I gave slightly different answer, and not on purpose, i caught myself trying to choose the right answer, also not on purpose because different situations sometimes needs a different response. I got INFP 1st Time and ENFP second time and then back to INFP. I understand this because because I am going through some transition, the first time I was INFP and second I was ENFP. I am about to start a new project for next year, which is part of a social welfare programme, thats where the ENFP comes in, or the attributes I will need to employ and develop which are there in seed form as ideas that have to be practical applied for the project to work. INFP also is true because I am naturally a mediator, especially when it comes to dharma traditions and subjects such as the synthesis between empirical science and mind sciences, and spirituality and normal daily life, transcendence and abstraction are not the same.

I thought some questions were to broad and for many answers I hit the center button, neutral on the last, because in different situations I may act differently and with the people I am with.

Overall I found it to generic but fun to try, I dont see myself as having a fixed personality, due to travel and exposure to different cultures one can adapt, personality can sometimes be quite a fixed solid thing that brings clinging and attachment and also effort to maintain or get rid of. But I will take on the title of practical mediator as a thought in developement, as this seems to be more flexible in all situations, if on retreat or in more social events, both can support each other, so the main use of the exercise was to find the balance of INFP and ENFP, so maybe the middle way between the 2.

With Metta

Bristollad

Post by Bristollad » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Kim O'Hara wrote:If we 'suffer from' high blood pressure, we ... ... low blood pressure.

If we suffer from high blood pressure, we want lower blood pressure
If we suffer from religious persecution we want more religious freedom
If we suffer from our partner's flatulence we want him/her to have better digestion (or a gas mask for ourselves) :tongue:

Basically if we suffer from it, we want (or need to have) less of it, less high blood pressure, less religious persecution, less flatulence from our partner

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Bristollad wrote:
Kim O'Hara wrote:If we 'suffer from' high blood pressure, we ... ... low blood pressure.

If we suffer from high blood pressure, we want lower blood pressure
If we suffer from religious persecution we want more religious freedom
If we suffer from our partner's flatulence we want him/her to have better digestion (or a gas mask for ourselves) :tongue:

Basically if we suffer from it, we want (or need to have) less of it, less high blood pressure, less religious persecution, less flatulence from our partner
Thanks for trying, but my question wasn't about consequences (wanting), it was about opposites (enjoying, benefiting from).

:coffee:
Kim

shaunc

Post by shaunc » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:34 am

Sprouticus wrote:My results were INFJ - Advocate, although Intuitive was 55% and Observant was 45% so it was close.

I got INFJ- advocate as well.
To the best of my knowledge this was the first time I've done this test.

Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:33 am

shaunc wrote:
Sprouticus wrote:My results were INFJ - Advocate, although Intuitive was 55% and Observant was 45% so it was close.

I got INFJ- advocate as well.
To the best of my knowledge this was the first time I've done this test.
I got INFJ (-A) as well. I got INFJ when I last took the test 3 or 4 years ago, so it seems like a pretty stable assessment. Although I am really borderline on the N and J.