Last judgement

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
gloriasteinem

Re: Last judgement

Post by gloriasteinem » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Wayfaring_Man wrote:What is there to be judged? What is there to do the judging?

Every moment, in this moment, the causes and conditions of this very moment are arising. Future phenomena arise only as a result of the causes and conditions in those moments, past phenomena arose as a result of those causes and conditions, none of those exist presently. How can there be a final judgment when there is only this present moment, and even that is illusory?

It is of course important to practice the path, but it is not important to be fretful over future lives and final judgments, especially because unlike in the Christian tradition you mention in the OP, there is no belief in any kind of permanent "final" state. Great compassionate Bodhisattvas have promised to remain in this samsara to guide sentient beings to enlighenment, even until the hell realms are completely empty. So while momentary suffering is inevitable, what fear should one have of hell? Cultivating bodhicitta, even rebirth in a hell realm can be an opportunity to help others. This opportunity is lost without bodhicitta, so for that reason we should practice the path now, while we have the chance, and not wait a single moment.

But I think this should be because of a genuine desire to benefit sentient beings, not because of some kind of misguided fear of future suffering.
Yeah, yeah, but things are happening as predicted in Christianity, not to mentions that the 7 bowls of Gods anger seems to me with the Buddhist predictions of the 7 suns (disasters). Although I don't see much disasters except ISIS perhaps other predictions as false religion arise lately which equals to forgetting of dharma.

Loren Enders

Post by Loren Enders » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:42 pm

To cease from evil, to do good, and to purify the mind yourself, this is the teaching of all the Buddhas.
I claim no insight whatsoever but I think according to our tradition.
I think according to our tradition, Guru Rinpoche said,
"My realization is higher than the sky. But my observance of karma is finer than grains of flour.”

http://www.lionsroar.com/the-power-of-positive-karma/

I don't think we need to worry about the Messiah as such. In line with the Kalachakra it would be the Mahdi I think.
'Lorem', 'Loren', 'Loren Enders'

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:47 pm

I think term Mahdi is Islamic and honistly with all due respect to multiculturalism, I don't see Islamic prophecies as fulfilling but the Buddhist and Christian, especislly Christian. Literary fullfiling as word by word and a bit in symbolism. Also to my regret some isliamic prophecy interpretations talk about mahdi as bald and long nosed like putin who himself unfortunately has the numerological combination of beasts number for his full names (read the Bible passage), so I see huge contradiction in this particular case of Putin, plus I personally believe future Buddha will be youthful and with full hair (cool and close to people person as prophcied in Buddhism), not old and authoritative as in Islam. Also I believe he will teach and preach after not rule before second coming (as in Islamic prophecies). I think in Christianity and Buddhism both there is the doctrine of bad rulership before the New era, not the good rulership before it as in Islam.

Return to “Lounge”