Satanists offering to protect Muslims in Minneapolis

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Dan74
Former staff member

Re: Satanists offering to protect Muslims in Minneapolis

Post by Dan74 »

Doesn't sound like a particularly remarkable philosophy at all, if you ask me. Probably fairly mainstream, especially in the most confederate parts, no? Why dress it in satanist garb?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Somehow childish, and dangerous from the spiritual POV. :sage:
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dan74 wrote:Probably fairly mainstream, especially in the most confederate parts, no?
The bible belt - renowned for its Satanism.
Why dress it in satanist garb?
LaVey worked extensively in a circus/carnival. That should explain a lot.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Paul wrote:
Why dress it in satanist garb?
LaVey worked extensively in a circus/carnival. That should explain a lot.
So did Valentine Michael Smith, but he came up with something a good deal more impressive than LaVey's non-Satanist Satanism.

:popcorn:
Kim
Paul

Post by Paul »

Luciferian Satanism is a very interesting take on Genesis. Kind of ties in well with Gnosticism. I believe the Temple of Set are more into this worldview.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Luke

Post by Luke »

Paul wrote: LaVey worked extensively in a circus/carnival. That should explain a lot.
Yes, LaVeyan Satanists often like to say "All religions are show business, but Satanism is the only religion that admits it!" lol

Any religious ritual has some performance considerations and is partially a bit of theater.

I remember once seeing a Tibetan lama telling one of his students to perform part of a ritual "with more style" (in a more visually impressive way).
Techno Yogi

Post by Techno Yogi »

Paul wrote:
Dan74 wrote:Probably fairly mainstream, especially in the most confederate parts, no?
The bible belt - renowned for its Satanism.
Well, as I said in the other thread, the modern day economic platform of the GOP has more in common with Satanist teaching than it does with Christian teaching. So that sense, yes, I think there are aspects of Satanism that are quite mainstream in the United States!

Return to “Lounge”