Powerful Mantra's

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
warrior_monk1

Powerful Mantra's

Post by warrior_monk1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Dear Buddhists,

In my daily life I sometimes need a mantra who will protect me against unnecessary distractions. I want to learn or express powerful Mantra's that helps me become a pure soul. I am also searching for other Buddhists who wants to chat frequently about Buddhism.

Thanks

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Re: Powerful Mantra's

Post by Grigoris » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm

warrior_monk1 wrote:Dear Buddhists,

In my daily life I sometimes need a mantra who will protect me against unnecessary distractions. I want to learn or express powerful Mantra's that helps me become a pure soul. I am also searching for other Buddhists who wants to chat frequently about Buddhism.

Thanks
OM MANI PEME HUNG

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Tiago Simões

Post by Tiago Simões » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks
GATE GATE PARA GATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA

Then, the Licchavi Vimalakīrti spoke to the elder Śāriputra and the great disciples: “Reverends, eat of the food of the Tathāgata! It is ambrosia perfumed by the great compassion. But do not fix your minds in narrow-minded attitudes, lest you be unable to receive its gift.”

- Chapter 9, The Feast Brought by the Emanated Incarnation
The Noble Mahāyāna Sūtra “The Teaching of Vimalakīrti”

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:08 pm

I think Kurukulla's mantra is considered to be helfpful for getting one's mind under control.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Tsun Dru Dorje

Post by Tsun Dru Dorje » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Does one need an empowerment to reap benefit (for all beings of course) Kurukullas mantra?

Thanks

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Tsun Dru Dorje wrote:Does one need an empowerment to reap benefit (for all beings of course) Kurukullas mantra?

Thanks
I would guess that the traditional answer is that you need something, maybe not quite an empowerment.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

warrior_monk1

Post by warrior_monk1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Grigoris wrote:

Thanks
OM MANI PEME HUNG

I love this Mantra :)

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 pm

BTW, the Red Tara practice associated with Chagdud Gonpa is basically a form of Kurukulla and the text explicitly says you can practice all of it, except for the self generation, without empowerment.

joy&peace

Post by joy&peace » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 am

Hey warrior monk

Yes, it is one of the best..!

Also, if you feel interested, do a search for -- Medicine Buddha Mantra -- Bhaisajyaguru is the name..

Hoping all is very well, or definitely trusting that it is :thumbsup:

:buddha2: :buddha2:
Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate bodhi svaha

Return to “Lounge”