Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25421
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Malcolm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:36 pm

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/g ... 19003.html

I will never be able to read your posts again without supplying your accent....
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

User avatar
CedarTree
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by CedarTree » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Haha just like I imagined in some ways.

Definitely seems like a cool articulate guy. I can imagine his presence and efforts are helping a lot :) Good on you Grigoris! :anjali:

Practice, Practice, Practice

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 15156
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Grigoris » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:36 pm
I will never be able to read your posts again without supplying your accent....
Yeah, me and Crocodile Dundee!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Rick
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Rick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Nice interview-lette, Grigoris, very articulate. And good on you that you're doing this fine and important work. The world needs all the compassion and kindness it can get in these days of growing authoritarianism and violence (gross and subtle).

:thanks: :namaste:
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 15156
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Grigoris » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks.

That was like the fifth interview I've done in the past month.

Media interest in the issue was sparked by a recent report published by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International, on the mental health issues faced by refugees trapped on the islands of Lesbos and Samos, Greece (a consequence of EU migration policy).

If anybody wants a copy of the report (the data upon which the report is based comes mainly from the work myself and one other psychologist are doing with MSF), they can drop me a private message with their email address and I will send them the pdf.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Rick
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Rick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Thanks.

That was like the fifth interview I've done in the past month.
I'm imagining you (from your photo/videos) as a talking head on CNN or MSNBC. (Not Fox please!) Could work, but you might need to wear a (dark) jacket and (white) shirt. And all that hair, hmm ... ;-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 7453
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Glad you are out there doing what you do man, it was good to see you talk about it. disappointed in your accent though, things will never be the same for me;)
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

User avatar
Ayu
Former staff member
Posts: 6783
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Ayu » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:30 pm

One of the finest accents I ever heard. Where I live, people's English is a good deal worse.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

User avatar
Dan74
Founding Member
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:59 pm
Location: Lyss, Switzerland

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Dan74 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:38 pm

Ayu wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:30 pm
One of the finest accents I ever heard. Where I live, people's English is a good deal worse.
Of course it's a fine accent. It was minted in Melbourne, Australia.

User avatar
Losal Samten
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Losal Samten » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Media interest in the issue was sparked by a recent report published by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International, on the mental health issues faced by refugees trapped on the islands of Lesbos and Samos, Greece (a consequence of EU migration policy).
Primarily pre-existant mental illness, latent and triggered, or newly accrued?
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 15156
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Grigoris » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Dan74 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:38 pm
Ayu wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:30 pm
One of the finest accents I ever heard. Where I live, people's English is a good deal worse.
Of course it's a fine accent. It was minted in Melbourne, Australia.
There is a touch of Wellington, New Zealand in there too.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 15156
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Grigoris » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Losal Samten wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:41 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Media interest in the issue was sparked by a recent report published by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International, on the mental health issues faced by refugees trapped on the islands of Lesbos and Samos, Greece (a consequence of EU migration policy).
Primarily pre-existant mental illness, latent and triggered, or newly accrued?
The mental illness I deal with generally is PTSD from experiences in the countries of origin. There are also many incidences of trauma from experiences during smuggling/travel. Finally these effects are added too (or multiplied) by experiences in the camps themselves.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Mantrik » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Nicely done. :)

Hard to get key points across briefly.

Like Malcolm, I will also be supplying your accent in future.
Next week I will supply you with an Irish one if you promise to look after it! ;)
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

boda
Posts: 1666
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by boda » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:46 pm
Losal Samten wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:41 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Media interest in the issue was sparked by a recent report published by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International, on the mental health issues faced by refugees trapped on the islands of Lesbos and Samos, Greece (a consequence of EU migration policy).
Primarily pre-existant mental illness, latent and triggered, or newly accrued?
The mental illness I deal with generally is PTSD from experiences in the countries of origin. There are also many incidences of trauma from experiences during smuggling/travel. Finally these effects are added too (or multiplied) by experiences in the camps themselves.
Just out of curiosity, how do generally treat PTSD? I’ve heard there are mindfulness based approaches.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25421
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Malcolm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm
Dan74 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:38 pm
Ayu wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:30 pm
One of the finest accents I ever heard. Where I live, people's English is a good deal worse.
Of course it's a fine accent. It was minted in Melbourne, Australia.
There is a touch of Wellington, New Zealand in there too.

Yeah, I heard the Kiwi more than the Oz.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

jake
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by jake » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:29 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:36 pm
I will never be able to read your posts again without supplying your accent....
Yeah, me and Crocodile Dundee!
I don't know, you're more of a Yahoo Serious than a Crocodile Dundee....

Thank you for your good work.
“The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone."


User avatar
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member
Posts: 3521
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:36 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:36 pm
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/g ... 19003.html

I will never be able to read your posts again without supplying your accent....
Accent? What accent? Sounds absobloodylutely normal to me, mate. :tongue:

And thanks, Greg, for sticking with such a demanding but important job. :bow:

:namaste:
Kim

User avatar
Wayfarer
Posts: 3516
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by Wayfarer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:55 pm

You're doing great work and a really important service Grigoris, under what must be very difficult circumstances.

:namaste:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities; in the expert's mind there are few ~ Suzuki-roshi

User avatar
treehuggingoctopus
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Location: Mudhole? Slimy? My home, this is.

Re: Starring Grigoris at 1:39

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:15 pm

Wayfarer wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:55 pm
You're doing great work and a really important service Grigoris, under what must be very difficult circumstances.

:namaste:
:good:
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests