Random Thoughts

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by DGA » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:56 am

TharpaChodron wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:53 am
i have no idea what rock and rye is, okay, I know what rye is...but rock? my grandma liked seven up and bourbon, maybe similar.

ah,California. I love living here,except it's along way from everywhere else...like Italy. you always have to add an extra five hours to your flights to Europe.
Rock and Rye is an old people cocktail. It survived prohibition because it was presented as a kind of tonic for ailments such as cold and flu. The "rock" is rock candy. It's rye whiskey with some sugar and spices and whatnot. It's good so long as it's not too sugary. Closest analogy I can come to might be a Manhattan, maybe.

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:58 am

weitsicht wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 am

I see that there's not much going on in the meditation thread.

Hence this post how do I stop orgasms during my meditation remains latest post since weeks.

It's so interesting to see how easily my eyes get hooked by that word orgasm when skimming through DW's top page for latest posts :jumping:
This is interesting, no? Are people not posting in the meditation sub because they want to keep the word ORGASM at the top there?

I think it's difficult to talk about meditation. I don't really talk about meditation practice at all.

TharpaChodron

Post by TharpaChodron » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:04 am

With my MoviePass I've seen the following:
All the Money in the World
Downsizing
Star Wars
Three Billboards
Phantom Thread...

All for 10 bucks.

I walked out on Three Billboards (hey, it was basically free) and Phantom Thread was a long, disappointing movie mostly. Did anyone else see Three Billboards and think it to be a terrible, overly violent piece of garbage?

When will the company that started Moviepass go broke? Such a crazy concept I can't believe it can sustain itself.

Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I remember when salt and vinegar crisps came in the blue packets, and the cheese and onion the green.
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།

Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 am

Losal Samten wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 pm
I remember when salt and vinegar crisps came in the blue packets, and the cheese and onion the green.
Man, I swear I have a memory of complaining to my mother about the change on the way back from primary school.
Walkers wrote:Question: Why did you change your packaging for Salt and Vinegar and Cheese and Onion so they're in the wrong colours?

Answer: Contrary to popular belief, Walkers Cheese and Onion have always been in blue packets, and Salt and Vinegar have always been in green packets. We don't have a plan to change this, as it's signature to our brand.

འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 am

Mmore cowbell.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:48 am

TharpaChodron wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:04 am
Downsizing
Star Wars
Three Billboards
Phantom Thread...

All for 10 bucks.

I walked out on Three Billboards (hey, it was basically free) and Phantom Thread was a long, disappointing movie mostly. Did anyone else see Three Billboards and think it to be a terrible, overly violent piece of garbage?

When will the company that started Moviepass go broke? Such a crazy concept I can't believe it can sustain itself.
No.
I saw Three Billboards and thought it was wonderful, with Frances McDormand at her best since 'Fargo' and a superb performance from Sam Rockwell.
Taking advantage of a temporary situation. Back for a short time only folks.

TharpaChodron

Post by TharpaChodron » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Losal Samten wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 am
Losal Samten wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 pm
Man, I swear I have a memory of complaining to my mother about the change on the way back from primary school.
Walkers wrote:Question: Why did you change your packaging for Salt and Vinegar and Cheese and Onion so they're in the wrong colours?

Answer: Contrary to popular belief, Walkers Cheese and Onion have always been in blue packets, and Salt and Vinegar have always been in green packets. We don't have a plan to change this, as it's signature to our brand.

Crisps are one of the greatest things about the UK, imo. It's not fair you guys get to keep the cheese and onion flavored ones all to yourself.

TharpaChodron

Post by TharpaChodron » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Simon E. wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:48 am
TharpaChodron wrote:
Downsizing
Star Wars
Three Billboards
Phantom Thread...

All for 10 bucks.

No.
I saw Three Billboards and thought it was wonderful, with Frances McDormand at her best since 'Fargo' and a superb performance from Sam Rockwell.
I'll give it another chance. I usually love Frances.

boda

Post by boda » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:27 pm

TharpaChodron wrote:
Downsizing
Star Wars
Three Billboards
Phantom Thread...

All for 10 bucks.

Your critique of Billboards is based on the violence depicted? Did you sit all the way through Star Wars?

Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 am

Just noticed I have forehead wrinkles today. Image
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Return to “Lounge”