Challenging it all

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
CedarTree

Challenging it all

Post by CedarTree »

So what I have realized lately is sometimes in being broken apart (Getting in a fight so bad your almost crying) to having everything fall apart to connecting with someone in a way that is so intense and primal and exhilarating that you start deconstructing a lot of this "additional stuff".

And so I have a post...

In life we are afraid of death. I think it's pretty much the center point in which a lot of this ego manifestation in all it's flavor and representations comes about.

Deep deep down we know that just like when eyes disappear there is no more sensory apparatus for seeing so we know that when the brain disappears the experience of "continuity" and "me" will probably disappear as well. That things are built on conditions. I think everyone in the world kind of knows this reality deep deep down.

The side to this is when we really start shrugging off the conceptual and conventional understandings and all this "additional" stuff we realize a powerful aspect of "Not Knowing". In this "Not Knowing" there can be an intense freedom and weights falling off our shoulder as we realize that meaning and all sides of every issue are just frameworks and when that stuff falls off to a huge extent your just left there bare and alive.

And further that there is no way of knowing past that any realities. That awareness may or may not be there next movement or something after the body falls apart, these kind of things are just "Beyond".

It is the great mystery and the great amazing aspect of life too.

I can't say there is really anything past this understanding of both the "Not knowing" and or on the other side the mind then taking up fear of losing the "me" and "continuity of experience" which is this life with this body. And so it is usually going back and forth between these two things. Having the freedom and then going back into the weights on the shoulders to fight to stay alive and be "present" here, using my utility to do so.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say in this kind of a way, apart from our Buddhist terminology and concepts. Just come at it where your at.

Practice, Practice, Practice
KeithA

Re: Challenging it all

Post by KeithA »

Nothing to add, other than this is a wonderful post.

Thanks,
Keith
When walking, standing, sitting, lying down, speaking,
being silent, moving, being still.
At all times, in all places, without interruption - what is this?
One mind is infinite kalpas.

New Haven Zen Center
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

KeithA wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 pm Nothing to add, other than this is a wonderful post.

Thanks,
Keith
Thanks Keith, I appreciate that.

I just wanted to put it all out there.

Practice, Practice, Practice
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

See my Henry Miller quote in my sig.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Lounge”