English Premier League.

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Simon E.

English Premier League.

Post by Simon E. » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:30 am

As a Tottenham fan I say this with mixed feelings...but this current Manchester City team are not just going to win the premiership this season, they are playing the best premiership football of my lifetime.
Pep Guardiola has forged an extraordinary team.
There seems to be a real possibility that they will join the Arsenal Invincibles and go the entire season unbeaten in the domestic competition.
Back to fishin' folks... :namaste:

Karma Dorje

Re: English Premier League.

Post by Karma Dorje » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:05 am

Simon E. wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:30 am
As a Tottenham fan I say this with mixed feelings...but this current Manchester City team are not just going to win the premiership this season, they are playing the best premiership football of my lifetime.
Pep Guardiola has forged an extraordinary team.
There seems to be a real possibility that they will join the Arsenal Invincibles and go the entire season unbeaten in the domestic competition.
There are just so many ways they can beat you, and the scary thing is how young their key players are: Ederson, De Bruyne, Jesus, Bernardo Silva are already world class and all are still developing. With them offering sweetened contracts to lock them in for the long term, City is going to be a power for some time. They have depth at all positions, so I don't think injury will slow them down much.

Champions' League is going to be really interesting. Would be nice to see an English team in the final again.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:31 am

Yes and yes.

Pep is playing down their chances in the Championship, but I think he is being tactical.
It's going to be interesting..to say the least. :smile:

Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Simon E. wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:31 am
Yes and yes.

Pep is playing down their chances in the Championship, but I think he is being tactical.
It's going to be interesting..to say the least. :smile:
Speaking of tactical, he just identified Van Dijk and Sanchez as their main transfer targets. Van Dijk I can understand with the Kompany fitness concerns, but Sanchez?! Does that mean Aguero is out? Hard to imagine he will stick around if he has to fight for a spot in the starting 11. If there was any doubt about who is the most impactful coach in the modern game, I think Pep has laid it to rest. He has created powerhouses in three very different leagues that play exciting but fundamentally sound football. Definitely heir to Cruyff's throne.

I am a Chelsea fan, but one can't help but admire the man's football intelligence and leadership ability.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Yup.

Slightly grudging, but real, reeeespect.
The man is a genius. I had looked forward to the tussle between him and Mourinho.

But it's no contest.

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Bloody Brits and your warm beer.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Our family had a rough November, and December wasn't much of an improvement. But this animated, incomprehensible Mancunian has gone a long way to bringing my mood back to where it needs to be.

I'm a Yanqui with no loyalty to any club. I like a good spectacle, and the Premier League offers so much of that.
PuerAzaelis wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:37 pm
Bloody Brits and your warm beer.
:coffee:

Where do I even start...?

practitioner

Post by practitioner » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Manchester derby starts in an hour or so, should be entertaining to say the least.
One should do nothing other than benefit sentient beings either directly or indirectly - Shantideva

Return to “Lounge”