Page 3 of 3

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:19 am
by climb-up
This conversation is going in a whole ' other direction now.

I was labeling my own opinion, as someone who knows the orthodox teaching as heretical, because it is not that.

We can call it heretical or not, I assume we all know what we're talking about.
Of course the response is "you are just ignorant of the truth." Can you think of any orthodox response that would not be along those lines? (I know, you could; still, my point remains).

Maybe I'm wrong.
If so, I assume my dedicated sincere practice and study will eventually lead me to the truth and I will gain liberation, and all those who make connections with (people who find the "only buddhists can be liberated" teachings off-putting) will have a direct connection.

I hope you will all include me in any prayers you might say for the correct understanding of the dharma, better karma to better understand the view, etc.
:namaste:

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:58 am
by Motova

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm
by climb-up
I have those :)

I also have his book on hypno-meditation...
...interesting, but not so good.

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:58 pm
by Motova
climb-up wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm
I have those :)

I also have his book on hypno-meditation...
...interesting, but not so good.
This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Hypnotism-Mystici ... Z1N00ERDVR

I already have Stage Hypnosis, the mind reading one should be coming this week. :applause:

This one is coming in a couple of weeks, I'm excited to combine it with my hypnosis books:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/192870 ... UTF8&psc=1

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 am
by Motova
climb-up wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm

I also have his book on hypno-meditation...
...interesting, but not so good.
https://www.amazon.ca/Hypnotism-Meditat ... M773G1RA4Z

This one?

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 am
by climb-up
Motova wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 am
climb-up wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm

I also have his book on hypno-meditation...
...interesting, but not so good.
https://www.amazon.ca/Hypnotism-Meditat ... M773G1RA4Z

This one?
Yeah, it's a pretty interesting idea. Works better (IMO) with a monist view than Buddhist. I think it's worth looking at in the library or if you find it used, probably not worth as much as its listed for though (unless you are speaker or entertainment hypnotist youself, then maybe. Depending on your style).
Motova wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:58 pm
climb-up wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm
I have those :)

I also have his book on hypno-meditation...
...interesting, but not so good.
This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Hypnotism-Mystici ... Z1N00ERDVR

I already have Stage Hypnosis, the mind reading one should be coming this week. :applause:

This one is coming in a couple of weeks, I'm excited to combine it with my hypnosis books:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/192870 ... UTF8&psc=1
I have seen the hypnotism and mysticism in India book, and flipped through it, but never read it.

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:54 am
by Motova
climb-up wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 am
Motova wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 am
climb-up wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm

I also have his book on hypno-meditation...
...interesting, but not so good.
https://www.amazon.ca/Hypnotism-Meditat ... M773G1RA4Z

This one?
Yeah, it's a pretty interesting idea. Works better (IMO) with a monist view than Buddhist. I think it's worth looking at in the library or if you find it used, probably not worth as much as its listed for though (unless you are speaker or entertainment hypnotist youself, then maybe. Depending on your style).
Motova wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:58 pm
climb-up wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm

I have those :)

I also have his book on hypno-meditation...
...interesting, but not so good.
This one? https://www.amazon.ca/Hypnotism-Mystici ... Z1N00ERDVR

I already have Stage Hypnosis, the mind reading one should be coming this week. :applause:

This one is coming in a couple of weeks, I'm excited to combine it with my hypnosis books:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/192870 ... UTF8&psc=1
I have seen the hypnotism and mysticism in India book, and flipped through it, but never read it.
Do you have any hypnosis book recommendations?

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 am
by climb-up
Probably, but it depends on your goals from r hypnosis and what you want to accomplish.
Personal change, hypnotherapy, stage show, etc.

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 am
by Motova

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:31 am
by Motova
Motova wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 am
climb-up wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 am
Probably, but it depends on your goals from r hypnosis and what you want to accomplish.
Personal change, hypnotherapy, stage show, etc.
I'm not interested in being a stage hypnotist.

I'm interested in pain management, relaxation, memory, siddhis and strengthening my Dharma practice.

I also want to empower others with positivity because my speech has largely been negative in this life.

These are the hypnosis books I have in my cart, and other books I plan to combine with hypnosis.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/084932 ... K7EN&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/038548 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/039370 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/082619 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/184590 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/078177 ... TTB8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/039330 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/039370 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/082612 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/113806 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/113886 ... SEBK&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/067466 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/019870 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/019958 ... TTB8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/161429 ... EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/192870 ... EEQB&psc=1
I have these already:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/161564 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/047066 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/041588 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/189983 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/184590 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/151160 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/184590 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/073870 ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/019964 ... UTF8&psc=1

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 am
by climb-up
Oh, you've got plenty!
Hunter, McGill and Yapko are very respected and cover, kind of everything you need!

I like Dave Elman's work, and Stephan Gillian's "generative hypnosis."
Also, despite no longer being pro NLP anymore (quite the opposite infact!), there's a book called "training trances" that is very good.

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 am
by Motova
climb-up wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 am
Oh, you've got plenty!
Hunter, McGill and Yapko are very respected and cover, kind of everything you need!

I like Dave Elman's work, and Stephan Gillian's "generative hypnosis."
Also, despite no longer being pro NLP anymore (quite the opposite infact!), there's a book called "training trances" that is very good.
Thank you, I suspected I covered mostly everything.

I'll also be buying all the Suttas as well.

I can't wait! :jumping:

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 am
by Motova

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:20 am
by climb-up
Motova wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 am
https://www.amazon.ca/Initiation-into-H ... c78c203c2e

What do yall think of this one?
Oh! Well, that's a whole different topic, although related (certainly hypnosis is a good idea if you're going to do his exercises). I have many thoughts about Franz Bardon, but they are mostly disconnected and if I wrote them all down it would be like some weird surrealist essay.
It was interesting have been really into his work as a kid coming back to it years later after having worked as a mentalist (he was a stage hypnotist) and studied the history of both mentalism and new-thought.

If you're after siddhis and want to read a very influential work on western hermeticism that doesn't come from the Golden Dawn background, this is it. He lifts some stuff from Paschal Beverly Randolph (mirrors and fluid condensers esp.); and when he talks about Tibetan or Indian practices it is very clear that he has read Alexandra David-Neel for the former and popular Theosophical literature for the latter. Which doesn't mean that it's not a legit practice, but don't think you're learning anything Tibetan and go gettin' your Tulpas in a twist! :)

Re: Occult & Arcane!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:53 am
by Motova
climb-up wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:20 am
Motova wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 am
https://www.amazon.ca/Initiation-into-H ... c78c203c2e

What do yall think of this one?
Oh! Well, that's a whole different topic, although related (certainly hypnosis is a good idea if you're going to do his exercises). I have many thoughts about Franz Bardon, but they are mostly disconnected and if I wrote them all down it would be like some weird surrealist essay.
It was interesting have been really into his work as a kid coming back to it years later after having worked as a mentalist (he was a stage hypnotist) and studied the history of both mentalism and new-thought.

If you're after siddhis and want to read a very influential work on western hermeticism that doesn't come from the Golden Dawn background, this is it. He lifts some stuff from Paschal Beverly Randolph (mirrors and fluid condensers esp.); and when he talks about Tibetan or Indian practices it is very clear that he has read Alexandra David-Neel for the former and popular Theosophical literature for the latter. Which doesn't mean that it's not a legit practice, but don't think you're learning anything Tibetan and go gettin' your Tulpas in a twist! :)
Interesting, thank you. I don't think I'll get this one it kind of gives me the heebeegeebees.