Butoh

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

Butoh

Post by Grigoris »

I was watching this (I used to love this band, still really like some of their pieces):

And a friend of mine posted this article from Tricycle:
How Butoh, the Japanese Dance of Darkness, Helps Us Experience Compassion in a Suffering World

I found it interesting and thought others might too.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Dan74
Former staff member

Re: Butoh

Post by Dan74 »

You might want to check out the German film Cherry Blossoms by the same director who made Enlightenment Guaranteed. A striking film (but not everyones cup of tea) with Butoh as a major theme.

http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen ... 33756.html
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Dan74 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:25 pm You might want to check out the German film Cherry Blossoms by the same director who made Enlightenment Guaranteed. A striking film (but not everyones cup of tea) with Butoh as a major theme.

Seen it! :)

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:18 pm
Dan74 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:25 pm You might want to check out the German film Cherry Blossoms by the same director who made Enlightenment Guaranteed. A striking film (but not everyones cup of tea) with Butoh as a major theme.

Seen it! :)
:thumbsup:
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:20 pm I was watching this (I used to love this band, still really like some of their pieces):
As odd or unbelievable as this may sound, I've actually seen them live one time. It was years ago and a friend saw in it in he newspaper and we went. Thy had all sorts of metal pipes set up on the stage. It was very cool actually. I have never heard of them before and haven't heard of them since until you posted this. But it is unique and cool.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

I sent it to a friend and he said "I have no clue what that was, but it was pretty good"
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:48 amAs odd or unbelievable as this may sound, I've actually seen them live one time. It was years ago and a friend saw in it in he newspaper and we went. Thy had all sorts of metal pipes set up on the stage. It was very cool actually. I have never heard of them before and haven't heard of them since until you posted this. But it is unique and cool.
I saw them in Melbourne around 1995. Damn they were loud!

Return to “Lounge”