USA CLOSED FOR BUSINESS

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: USA CLOSED FOR BUSINESS

Post by Grigoris »

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:59 pm
Mantrik wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 pm I understand from our UK media that the USA currently has no Government.
Ahem...that is not exactly true. The Government has not authorized spending, and some people will get furloughs if the "shutdown" goes on beyond this weekend.

But a government shutdown is always quite temporary, and is mostly a form of political theater.
The Belgians did just fine without a government for over five years. Mind you, they have a monarchy too.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Grigoris wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:21 am The Belgians did just fine without a government for over five years. Mind you, they have a monarchy too.
They don't need one. The have the entire EU Govt based there. Thousands and thousands of diplomats on huge expense accounts. No need for any other economic activity or government. Plus, they nearly shot me so I'm not a fan. lol :)
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Return to “Lounge”