Wiccan arts and the Mahayana

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
liuzg150181

Re: Officially being a Wiccan and pure lander

Post by liuzg150181 »

MatthewAngby wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 am
MiphamFan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 am There is more magic in Vajrayana than all these modern Western magical systems.
Asked my resident lama today - he said no magic involved in vajrayana ( as far as I know ) - kinda why I backed out from it.
If there is any magic,it is the taming of the five fetters. And why the preoccupation with magic?
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

MiphamFan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:54 am
MatthewAngby wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 am
MiphamFan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 am There is more magic in Vajrayana than all these modern Western magical systems.
Asked my resident lama today - he said no magic involved in vajrayana ( as far as I know ) - kinda why I backed out from it.
He wouldn't call it "magic" because "magic" is associated with black magic.

But rites to summon spirits, offerings to spirits, obtaining magical powers (siddhis) etc are all magic.
I suspect the answer is given partly due to his motivation.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

I am beginning to have doubts about your sincerity Matthew.
I would like it if you proved me wrong about that.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

Simon E. wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:50 am I am beginning to have doubts about your sincerity Matthew.
I would like it if you proved me wrong about that.
Nope you are right. Circumstance changes and I have been swept by confusion and magic. I once did dharma for the benefit of all, till I got engrossed in magic - did I do it for myself. To be honest , today was really an eye opener for me - I always thought that I really wanted all to be well and that’s why I praticed - false persona I identified myself with. I have also realised that perhaps I wasn’t really sincere - going for only power at all. It seems I have fooled myself into a fake . I realised , perhaps what I want is just pure magic. But again I know that this doesn’t bring me to full cessation of suffering. So I am confused. What do Buddha’s do after every one is enlightened ? Do they do enligjnted dancing or walking ? I’m also very scared if there’s nothing to do after we are enlightened. Again i am confused.

I am not sure what I want - attain enlightenment and not do anything after all sentient beings are liberated ? Play with magic and not get enlightened ?

Confused soul I have become... today it has been uncovered out of myself
The force is my ally...and a powerful ally it is - Yoda
Kilaya.

Post by Kilaya. »

MatthewAngby wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 am I am not sure what I want - attain enlightenment and not do anything after all sentient beings are liberated ? Play with magic and not get enlightened ?
Tere's one thing you want - attention, and due to the kindness of the mods of the forum you're allowed to use it as your playground, making a fool of the very kind and very naive Buddhist do-gooders who reply to you. Do yourself and the world a favor, and relocate your seat to any of the several Harry Potter wannabees forum for bored kids. Thank you.
Look at those charlatans, madly engaged
in fervent argument.
- Milarepa
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Wiccan arts and the Mahayana

Post by Grigoris »

Topics merged, moved to Lounge and locked.

It seems that when it comes to our young friend Matthew: more answers=more confusion.

If Matthew is serious about Dharma he needs to find a good teacher and follow their advice. Whilst everybody here is well-meaning with the information and recommendations offered it quite clearly does not seem to be helping Matthew in the slightest.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Lounge”