More claims of sexual exploitation...

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

More claims of sexual exploitation...

Post by Grigoris »

...this time by a Tibetan political leader.

https://thetibetstar.com/2018/02/21/pre ... tterfield/
President Sangay and the sexual assault on Ms Leslie Butterfield

Just as you, the reader, I am also very concerned about the direction that LS is taking the Tibetan community towards. Just as Trump he is catering to his base of fanatic Khampa sanjor ex-monk supporters leading to disharmony and divisiveness. Let me start in 2011 during the Kalachakra in Washington DC. – During the Kalachakra from July 6-16th, LS also visited as is normal for him to bask in the glory of His Holiness. An intern, Leslie Butterfield, at the ICT was assigned to him to assist him in his meetings and moving around DC. Ms. Butterfield was in her early 20s then and a very attractive young woman who supported His Holiness and the Tibetan cause with her whole heart and being. She is known to have been a very active participant in numerous activities to further the cause of Tibet and spread the work of compassion of His Holiness.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
drodul

Re: More claims of sexual exploitation...

Post by drodul »

It's off the topic of sexual assault, but what is nearly as depressing as the allegation against Lobsang Sangay is the extreme regionalism the commenters on the linked Tibet Star article express. I hope some of them are just non-Tibetan trolls.

Return to “Lounge”