in the air

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
weitsicht

in the air

Post by weitsicht »

Over Europe there is presently Sahara sand in the air.
Sunrise and sunset are as red as if doomsday has come.
I cannot enjoy its aesthetic, some ancient angst arises.

Slight symptoms of migraine. Breathtaking constricts.
My mind is since Saturday morning, I don't know, diffused, stirred. Subtly multi-layered.

Do you /have you ever had such similar experience? Any explanation? Any assistance?
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: in the air

Post by Ayu »

We have this Sahara sand since decades every now and then.

Seems you have described my day-to-day mental state. I have high sensitivity syndrome. I find the page on facebook helpful: "zart besaited" : https://www.facebook.com/zart.besaitet.fb
Once they published a test and had some more articles expalining the matter. Maybe you can try to browse the page yourself.

This article explanes it not sufficiently: https://www.manalyse.de/artikel
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Below this advertisment for a book is a very fine explanation what it means to have a highly sensitive mind.
http://mymonk.de/hochsensibel/?utm_sour ... s-textlink

(Those links are in German)
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Doomsday is indeed getting close. Practice as hard as you can.
madhusudan

Post by madhusudan »

I know what you mean. My mental state is affected by the quality of the sky. When it is wide and clean, a big sky, I feel spacious.

In Korea the Gobi sands blow in each spring bringing with them pollution from China. Some days the sky was literally yellow. Thankfully I'm no longer living there.
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

madhusudan wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:18 pm I know what you mean. My mental state is affected by the quality of the sky. When it is wide and clean, a big sky, I feel spacious.

In Korea the Gobi sands blow in each spring bringing with them pollution from China. Some days the sky was literally yellow. Thankfully I'm no longer living there.
I sort of know the feeling about the sky's "purity" or "contamination" - I live in the Pacific Northwest and forest-fire smoke and pollution change the "atmosphere of the atmosphere" and cast a strange shadow on my soul... same thing with eclipses, but they are very transient phenomena.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

steveb1 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 pm
madhusudan wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:18 pm I know what you mean. My mental state is affected by the quality of the sky. When it is wide and clean, a big sky, I feel spacious.

I sort of know the feeling about the sky's "purity" or "contamination" - I live in the Pacific Northwest and forest-fire smoke and pollution change the "atmosphere of the atmosphere" and cast a strange shadow on my soul... same thing with eclipses, but they are very transient phenomena.
I was in Eugene recently after the fires, it was surreal, as thick as fog in places.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

"I was in Eugene recently after the fires, it was surreal, as thick as fog in places."

Yes. A surreal, apocalypic kind of "tone" to everything...
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

weitsicht wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am Over Europe there is presently Sahara sand in the air.
Sunrise and sunset are as red as if doomsday has come.
I cannot enjoy its aesthetic, some ancient angst arises.

Slight symptoms of migraine. Breathtaking constricts.
My mind is since Saturday morning, I don't know, diffused, stirred. Subtly multi-layered.

Do you /have you ever had such similar experience? Any explanation? Any assistance?
LIke some others who have commented in this discussion, I have also had a similar experience when coping with forest fires in the area where I live. This is not uncommon in the western part of the United States.

The blood-red sun and dark sky do not trouble me as much as the pain in the eyes and lungs from coping with the smoke and dust for many days. We were in Idaho for a few days last fall and my daughter (16 months old at the time) struggled with breathing and sleeping. Seeing her struggle was worse than anything I had to deal with.
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

Sorry to hear of those difficulties, especially when they involve your child. Pollution is bad enough for adults to deal with, but kids and even non-human animals suffer, too...

Return to “Lounge”