TRUCK FUMP

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Ayu wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 pm What about this?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/06/18/wha ... -us-border
(Human Rights Watch about what is happening to immegrant's children right now in the South of USA.)

How is it possible that these inhuman practices take place and nobody talks about it? :?: :thinking: :?: Tell the trump-regime to stop now.
Uh, there have been protests about it and everyone I know its talking about angrily it, rightfully so. It is big news.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 pm

(Human Rights Watch about what is happening to immegrant's children right now in the South of USA.)

How is it possible that these inhuman practices take place and nobody talks about it? :?: :thinking: :?: Tell the trump-regime to stop now.
Uh, there have been protests about it and everyone I know its talking about it, it is big news.
Yes, global news.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Yes it even reached my little Twilight Zone village in Western New York State.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Ah, sory then.
In Germany they only talked about the G7 mess and the substanceless meeting with Kim Yong Un. We do not hear anything about the health insurance mess and nothing at all about this cruelty at the border.

Right now there is nothing but soccer WC broadcasting day and night.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Uh, there have been protests about it and everyone I know its talking about angrily it, rightfully so. It is big news.
Here is one that is a poke in the eye and a kick in the ass for republicans.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ac57dc2c73
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Because Trump is a scociopathic moron, he will be enjoying the publicity about the imprisoned chidren, and probably sees it as a sign his policies are working. His PR machine has clearly decided to use the wife as the caring face of the administration - poor woman, it is like watching a scared prisoner give a fake confession.

I read that the illegal immigrants are considered to be criminals, without the need for any trial. As with other criminal cases, the parents go to jail and the children go into care. Is there any legal basis for this?

I'm not sure if the person was typical of a Trump supporter but one of them made the point that it will act as a deterrent, so anyone who is not in serious danger won't cross the border. Also, and this is scary, he said that the parents who make such a crossing should be prosecuted for reckless child endangerment and have their children removed from them for that alone.

If that's an insight into the typical Trump supporter's mind the US is in deeper trouble than I thought.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Mantrik wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 am Because Trump is a scociopathic moron, he will be enjoying the publicity about the imprisoned chidren, and probably sees it as a sign his policies are working. His PR machine has clearly decided to use the wife as the caring face of the administration - poor woman, it is like watching a scared prisoner give a fake confession.

I read that the illegal immigrants are considered to be criminals, without the need for any trial. As with other criminal cases, the parents go to jail and the children go into care. Is there any legal basis for this?
As far as I know, this practice did not begin with Trump, his administration has greatly accelerated it with "Zero tolerance", because they are prosecuting anyone crossing illegally..and possibly even some who are not. Unfortunately it is not new. My understanding is that in previous administrations it was done very differently, where an effort was made to reunite separated family, etc.

I'm not sure if the person was typical of a Trump supporter but one of them made the point that it will act as a deterrent, so anyone who is not in serious danger won't cross the border. Also, and this is scary, he said that the parents who make such a crossing should be prosecuted for reckless child endangerment and have their children removed from them for that alone.

If that's an insight into the typical Trump supporter's mind the US is in deeper trouble than I thought.
The administration -wanted- it to be a deterrent, they as much as admitted it, repugnant as that is... so far it is not working apparently. Like I said, the policy is not new, and was known as a kind of "nuclear option" for deterrence..it was used briefly by the Obama admin until there was a public outcry and it was quickly abandoned..Trump of course, is basically a sociopath.

-Khunu Lama
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 am

As far as I know, this practice did not begin with Trump, his administration has greatly accelerated it with "Zero tolerance", but unfortunately it is not new.

The administration -wanted- it to be a deterrent, they as much as admitted it, repugnant as that is... so far it is not working apparently.
Have the numbers crossing increased massively, or maybe the way of dealing with them changed?
I don't think there has ever been such huge publicity about it.

I was thinking perhaps it suits Trump's ends better to inter people and publicise it rather than immediately repatriate them.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Mantrik wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 am

As far as I know, this practice did not begin with Trump, his administration has greatly accelerated it with "Zero tolerance", but unfortunately it is not new.

The administration -wanted- it to be a deterrent, they as much as admitted it, repugnant as that is... so far it is not working apparently.
Have the numbers crossing increased massively, or maybe the way of dealing with them changed?
I don't think there has ever been such huge publicity about it.

I was thinking perhaps it suits Trump's ends better to inter people and publicise it rather than immediately repatriate them.
Well, not to be an ass, but Obama did all kinds of awful things that got no real publicity, because people like their illusions. It did get publicity from immigrant rights groups etc. when it happened though. To his credit, they quickly abandoned it I believe. Anyway, this is just the worst parts of American immigration policy on speed, treating them all like criminals. It is supposed to be the ultimate deterrent, but of course it is not, it's just creating untold misery for already vulnerable people. And Sessions has the nerve to quote the bible as part of his support for the policy, it's vomit-inducing.

-Khunu Lama
Rick

Post by Rick »

Trump probably doesn’t want the immigration problem to be solved, in the same way that pharmaceutical companies don’t want certain diseases to be cured: It ends the huge profits. Trump’s profits are, of course, political. If immigration was not such a hot issue, he couldn’t use it to galvanize his base. Trump is greed incarnate. He can’t use the presidency to make a vast amount of money, so he does the next best thing: he uses it to acquire a vast amount of political and cultural power, at the humanitarian expense of everyone he engages with.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Rick wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:48 pm He can’t use the presidency to make a vast amount of money....
I bet he can, even if investments in armaments, deals for golf resorts etc. are being done by his relatives. I would suspect that any policy he introduces is used as an investment opportunity.

Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

We, just like every other country, have immigration laws. So technically, if a person comes here illegally, flagrantly disrespecting our laws, how are they not a criminal? I have friends from Canada, Mexico, and Guatemala who got their citizenship legally. They complain about others who dont go through what they did and then expect amnesty...they think its not fair to them and others who do it legally. I tend to agree...I dont think its wrong to require people to respect our laws when they come here. If one doesnt like our immigration laws, then stop complaining and change them. And no, I did not vote for Trump...or Hillary either for that matter...never was convinced that she was the lesser of the two evils. I did however vote for Bernie, which almost all the polls showed would have beaten Trump by a wide margin...except of course that he was totally SCREWED out of the nomination by the supposedly lesser of two evils Hillary and the DNC.
IMO Trump will sadly probably win again because instead of attacking his actual policies AND having viable alternatives the left/DNC is making the mistake of character assassination as opposed to actually putting forth a real viable candidate that could win on the actual ISSUES...like for example..Bernie...(love that old guy!) It is the MSM and the hand-wringing leftist pundits that will be helping Trump to get reelected.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

It is difficult to understand that they are considered to be criminal. If you simply try to protect your children and you don't harm anybody, why are you a criminal then? Those illegal immegrants thought to flee an insecure country and reach a secure country.
They obviously didn't know that there is a racist policy ruling in USA. So, if they didn't even know that, how should they know about the twisted US law?

And it's unbearable that Trump justifies this inhuman behavior with the "terrible things that are going on in Europe with all those refugees".
There's nothing terrible going on over here! Some poor people were asking for refuge and they are living here now. No reason to torture children.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:05 am Here is one that is a poke in the eye and a kick in the ass for republicans.
Nah. The base of the Republican party hates the Bushes. That aristocratic civility is an affront to their gutter level Reality TV standards.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:05 am
that made mainstream news here in canada.very hard to listen to and not think Trump is a prick....

The news piece was adamant that this was done with a stroke of a pen and could be undone with a stroke of a pen

it followed with a bit of a breakdown to countries that bring in the most refugees.

Canada is 9th and America is the number one country bringing in the most refugees..

Our news always tries to show a bit of fairness to both sides when dealing with Trump..When you read america is number 1 you do feel for the problem...that said they are not afraid to out right say that the present action and how it is being handled today actually has nothing to do with the Democrats ...as told by Trump.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Minobu wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm
that made mainstream news here in canada.very hard to listen to and not think Trump is a prick....

The news piece was adamant that this was done with a stroke of a pen and could be undone with a stroke of a pen

it followed with a bit of a breakdown to countries that bring in the most refugees.

Canada is 9th and America is the number one country bringing in the most refugees..

Our news always tries to show a bit of fairness to both sides when dealing with Trump..When you read america is number 1 you do feel for the problem...that said they are not afraid to out right say that the present action and how it is being handled today actually has nothing to do with the Democrats ...as told by Trump.
Numbers of refugees don't really mean anything, you have to look at how these numbers come up as proportions of the total population.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Grigoris wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:17 pm Numbers of refugees don't really mean anything, you have to look at how these numbers come up as proportions of the total population.
I still can't get my head around how you are coping where you are. Italy makes a fuss about a tiny number of refugees and you have a vast number to accommodate.

Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

I wonder if people realize... thinking a few steps ahead, the US is probably going to be full on invading some Central American countries in the not distant future ... Honduras, Guatemala, for instance. The reason people are fleeing to the US is to escape the violence... along with all the rhetoric about MS-13 et al. eventually is going to lead to the conclusion that these gangs need to be hunted down in their safe spaces in these collapsed states. If the Honduran and Guatemalan governments can't do it, then the US will take it upon themselves to bring law and order... and install strongmen to rule locally in cooperation with the US...

Eventually, the US will get to Venezuela...

This is just the latest chapter in the history of the Western Hemisphere being the exclusive sphere of US influence.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Grigoris wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:17 pm
Minobu wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Numbers of refugees don't really mean anything, you have to look at how these numbers come up as proportions of the total population.
yeah i get that ..it's a whole other reality for countries that are smaller population and resources compared to countries with infinite resources and money...Canada has a population of 36 and 1/2 million...America is325.7 million...greece 10.75....greece is really doing over and beyound what is expected of any democracy in the free world.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Minobu wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pmyeah i get that ..it's a whole other reality for countries that are smaller population and resources compared to countries with infinite resources and money...Canada has a population of 36 and 1/2 million...America is325.7 million...greece 10.75....greece is really doing over and beyound what is expected of any democracy in the free world.
There are over 7000 refugees just on the island where I live (the island had a total population of 86,000). Hungary (total population of 9.9 million), with it's current ultra-right wing anti-migrant hysteria, only took in 4,691 in 2016 (at the peak of the refugee/migration wave).
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Lounge”