TRUCK FUMP

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Mantrik
Former staff member

TRUCK FUMP

Post by Mantrik »

Given a failure in compassion for the jerk, what would you like to happen to Trump?

I had wondered about a jihadists mowing him down with a truck, hence the title, but why ruin a truck?

Here's what the G7 should have ended up like :twisted: :

http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
PSM

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by PSM »

Mantrik wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am Given a failure in compassion for the jerk, what would you like to happen to Trump?
To attain buddhahood ASAP.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

PSM wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:09 pm
Mantrik wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am Given a failure in compassion for the jerk, what would you like to happen to Trump?
I'll have to second this one, I dislike that man more than most trust me.. but why hold hate in your own heart just because someone else is an asshole? It only hurts you.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Before that I would like him to be sentenced to forced labor, such as cleaning up oil spills, planting trees to combat deforestation, funding schools in poor areas, building libraries, and so on. And he will spend a lot of his own money on doing so as well. Because if tax payers can help him play golf in Florida he can help tax payers. Oh, and I would like for him to read a wide selection of books, important books, that would help give him a different perspective on things in life.

Then he can attain Buddhahood.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Jesse wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:17 pm
I'll have to second this one, I dislike that man more than most trust me.. but why hold hate in your own heart just because someone else is an asshole? It only hurts you.
The kind of thinking behind this thread is pure poison for the thinker. The level of hatred which seems to be acceptable for this guy should really give a practitioner pause for thought.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

PSM wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 pm

The kind of thinking behind this thread is pure poison for the thinker. The level of hatred which seems to be acceptable for this guy should really give a practitioner pause for thought.
not really. giving in to hatred, and anger is really easy, too easy. In fact it's the normal response, compassion, ease, and non hatred are actually the lesser expected response.

Truth of suffering.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Catharsis can be so satisfying. But you have a point.

I'm reminded of the Emperor trying to convert Luke Skywalker - "Let the hate flow through you." Trump's trolling functions the same way.

We need to be dispassionate and clear eyed to successfully remove this man from office.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
PSM

Post by PSM »

Jesse wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:35 pm

not really. giving in to hatred, and anger is really easy, too easy. In fact it's the normal response, compassion, ease, and non hatred are actually the lesser expected response.

Truth of suffering.
I can't think of another person who has so many culturally acceptable two minute hates directed at them.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

PSM wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm
Jesse wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Truth of suffering.
I can't think of another person who has so many culturally acceptable two minute hates directed at them.
What do you mean by "two minute hates"?

But yes trump is the target of alot of hate, it makes me wonder... with that much hate directed at him, i wonder if it effects his mind? It has to.
PSM

Post by PSM »

It's from 1984.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I dunno ... it seems to me that if you find yourself in a hateful froth towards Trump it means he's winning. His goal is to keep pretty much everyone around him (with the exception, maybe, of his family) in a state of livid chaos. That's how he makes his deals. If he were a boxer, he'd come at his opponent with a wild flurry of punches and jabs, from all sides, with no apparent logic. To defend against this you need buncha focus and intelligence.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
PSM

Post by PSM »

Rick wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:58 pm His goal is to keep pretty much everyone around him (with the exception, maybe, of his family) in a state of livid chaos. That's how he makes his deals. If he were a boxer, he'd come at his opponent with a wild flurry of punches and jabs, from all sides, with no apparent logic. To defend against this you need buncha focus and intelligence.
If you want to understand the man, read The Art of the Deal. It explains his approach to North Korea perfectly. Have a carrot, have a stick, play to the other person's ego and be prepared to walk away at any time. Also works for buying a used car...
Rick

Post by Rick »

PSM wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:27 pmIf you want to understand the man, read The Art of the Deal.
Can I take a long disinfectant shower afterwards?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I had wondered about a jihadists mowing him down with a truck, hence the title, but why ruin a truck?

Shouldn't that have been "TRUCK TRUMP" then? Image
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

dzogchungpa wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Shouldn't that have been "TRUCK TRUMP" then? Image
I was trying not to write the obvious - 'frak Trump' - so transposed the letters a little. As you can see, the F-word gets autocorrected. ;)
Last edited by Mantrik on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

I don't think feeling a lack of compassion for Trump is too awful, because it does not denote a presence of anger, hatred or other strong negative emotions that would eat a person up etc.

Also, the presence of compassion for the vast number of people whose lives he affects may be stronger than a feeling of compassion for the Trump and his spawn.

In my case I admit to failing to find anything in the man to which I can attach a feeling of compassion, but it doesn't mean I hate him. Odd that some posts have leapt to the extremes.

His rebirth, as soon as possible, may indeed be ahimsa, and I don't need to hate the man to see that his absence form the planet would be a good thing, nor to find his humiliation attractive - hence the meme which sums up his G7 activity beautifully. :)

Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Norwegian wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:20 pm
Before that I would like him to be sentenced to forced labor, such as cleaning up oil spills, planting trees to combat deforestation, funding schools in poor areas, building libraries, and so on. And he will spend a lot of his own money on doing so as well. Because if tax payers can help him play golf in Florida he can help tax payers. Oh, and I would like for him to read a wide selection of books, important books, that would help give him a different perspective on things in life.

Then he can attain Buddhahood.
Ah yes. He will gain a lot of merit from it.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

IDK, I have felt this way about our last administrations as well, they were just much better a PR.

In terms of negatively effecting the lives of people around the world, despite being personally abhorrent, I am not sure Trump approaches anything like the level of the W presidency yet, nor have we had anything like the NSA scandal under him so far. I give it time though, I'm sure he might do the same or worse, but it seems like you are reacting more to his (extremely lacking) personal qualities than anything else.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:17 pm IDK, I have felt this way about our last administrations as well, they were just much better a PR.

In terms of negatively effecting the lives of people around the world, despite being personally abhorrent, I am not sure Trump approaches anything like the level of the W presidency yet, nor have we had anything like the NSA scandal under him so far. I give it time though, I'm sure he might do the same or worse, but it seems like you are reacting more to his (extremely lacking) personal qualities than anything else.
Yes, there are always worse examples. I sometimes wonder if we put Putin, Trump, Un and others on a deserted island and let Lord of the Flies conditions prevail, how long it would be before Trump was eaten by the rest.

I'm not at all convinced that given the relatively unfettered power of (for example) Kim, Trump wouldn't also feed his relatives to the dogs, massacre all dissenters and starve his own people, but at the moment all he can do is destroy healthcare, encourage gun murders, inter migrant chidren in concentration camps and wreck jobs through crazy trade wars. Not a bad start, but he's not yet in Putin's league - probably because he is too dim to scheme and start wars convincingly, thankfully.

PSM

Post by PSM »

Mantrik wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:54 pm In my case I admit to failing to find anything in the man to which I can attach a feeling of compassion, but it doesn't mean I hate him. Odd that some posts have leapt to the extremes.
"I had wondered about a jihadists mowing him down with a truck, hence the title, but why ruin a truck?"

Return to “Lounge”