TRUCK FUMP

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Mantrik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am
argument.png
Oh, never been any left wing genocide, of course.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 17682
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Grigoris » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:12 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am
argument.png
Oh, never been any left wing genocide, of course.
When was the last left-wing genocide? I mean the left-wing definitely started the game pretty strongly (after WWII) but petered out early in the match leaving the right wing to dominate for some time now.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Mantrik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:16 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:12 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am
argument.png
Oh, never been any left wing genocide, of course.
When was the last left-wing genocide? I mean the left-wing definitely started the game pretty strongly (after WWII) but petered out early in the match leaving the right wing to dominate for some time now.
Mao's China, Cambodia, Ethiopia's Red Terror, N Korea..........you might even want to include Tibet.
Genocide is not only about mass slaughter, but starvation etc.

Just pointing out that generalisations in memes are rarely true. ;)
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 17682
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Grigoris » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 pm
Just pointing out that generalisations in memes are rarely true. ;)
For sure. But short of a few Stalinists, you won't find many left-wingers nowadays advocating genocide.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Mantrik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 pm
Just pointing out that generalisations in memes are rarely true. ;)
For sure. But short of a few Stalinists, you won't find many left-wingers nowadays advocating genocide.
N Korea maybe.

But left wing does not equate to a claim to the moral high ground. Corbyn is a shit.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 17682
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Grigoris » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 pm
N Korea maybe.

But left wing does not equate to a claim to the moral high ground. Corbyn is a shit.
Sure, but the stench coming off of Corbyn does not compare to the fetidness of the current Conservative Party.

Putting things in perspective (relatively speaking) the Left currently occupies the moral high ground.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Mantrik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:52 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 pm
N Korea maybe.

But left wing does not equate to a claim to the moral high ground. Corbyn is a shit.
Sure, but the stench coming off of Corbyn does not compare to the fetidness of the current Conservative Party.

Putting things in perspective (relatively speaking) the Left currently occupies the moral high ground.
Unfortunately, Corbyn has ensured there is no viable alternative to them. How anyone could manage to poll worse than the Conservatives at a time of inane bungling of everything from Brexit to the NHS beats me, but I'm not sure it is about Left and Right anymore, just trust............and none deserves it.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Eddo
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Eddo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 am

Mantrik wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am
Given a failure in compassion for the jerk, what would you like to happen to Trump?

Attain enlightenment and be reelected in 2020

Eddo
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Eddo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am

Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jan 08, 1970 7:20 am

I had wondered about a jihadists mowing him down with a truck, hence the title, but why ruin a truck?

How very loving of you...I will dedicate my practice to your evil heart

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 17682
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Grigoris » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 am

New York Times June 15 1934
New York Times June 15 1934.jpg
New York Times June 15 1934.jpg (19.06 KiB) Viewed 446 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Mantrik » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Eddo wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am
Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jan 08, 1970 7:20 am

I had wondered about a jihadists mowing him down with a truck, hence the title, but why ruin a truck?

How very loving of you...I will dedicate my practice to your evil heart
Just exercising 'least harm'. It is far from evil to hope a sponsor of both domestic and international murder dies before he can do more harm. After all, it saves him from the vipaka of that harm as well. I would guess the particular hell he is destined to reach will accept him on the baisis of his karma so far though.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Rick
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Rick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 am
New York Times June 15 1934
Great find, Grigoris.

Liberals (like me) are I think often willing to compromise, it's part of our liberal outlook: to work *with* others, not against them.

But what do we do when these "others" are embracing something horribly destructive, inhumane, evil? One could argue that Trump and his followers are not (exactly) doing that right now ... but I think they are sliding gradually towards what could become destructive and inhumane and evil. They're heating up the kettle water gradually, so that we don't notice it when we start to get cooked alive.

What to do? Just let things be ... and watch the show unfold, as one thread of Buddhism might advise?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

User avatar
Karma Dorje
Posts: 1351
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Karma Dorje » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Rick wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:47 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 am
New York Times June 15 1934
Great find, Grigoris.

Liberals (like me) are I think often willing to compromise, it's part of our liberal outlook: to work *with* others, not against them.

But what do we do when these "others" are embracing something horribly destructive, inhumane, evil? One could argue that Trump and his followers are not (exactly) doing that right now ... but I think they are sliding gradually towards what could become destructive and inhumane and evil. They're heating up the kettle water gradually, so that we don't notice it when we start to get cooked alive.

What to do? Just let things be ... and watch the show unfold, as one thread of Buddhism might advise?
Taking away children from their parents is destructive, inhumane and evil. Full stop. The water is boiling already. Incidentally, frogs are smart enough to jump out of water that is getting too hot.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

User avatar
Rick
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Rick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Karma Dorje wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:51 pm
Taking away children from their parents is destructive, inhumane and evil.
That certainly is how it is being portrayed in the news sources I pay attention to. Otoh:

Sessions: Child separation critics are ‘lunatic fringe’ living in ‘gated communities.’
Full stop. The water is boiling already.
Simmering at least.
Incidentally, frogs are smart enough to jump out of water that is getting too hot.
There goes that metaphor!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

Eddo
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Eddo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:06 am

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:16 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:12 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am
argument.png
Oh, never been any left wing genocide, of course.
When was the last left-wing genocide? I mean the left-wing definitely started the game pretty strongly (after WWII) but petered out early in the match leaving the right wing to dominate for some time now.
1970's Cambodia

Eddo
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Eddo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 am

Mantrik wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:41 pm
Eddo wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am
Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jan 08, 1970 7:20 am

I had wondered about a jihadists mowing him down with a truck, hence the title, but why ruin a truck?

How very loving of you...I will dedicate my practice to your evil heart
Just exercising 'least harm'. It is far from evil to hope a sponsor of both domestic and international murder dies before he can do more harm. After all, it saves him from the vipaka of that harm as well. I would guess the particular hell he is destined to reach will accept him on the baisis of his karma so far though.
So kinda along the lines of the inquisition. Burning them to save their souls. Interesting... :rolleye:

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Mantrik » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 am

Eddo wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 am
Mantrik wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:41 pm
Eddo wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am


How very loving of you...I will dedicate my practice to your evil heart
Just exercising 'least harm'. It is far from evil to hope a sponsor of both domestic and international murder dies before he can do more harm. After all, it saves him from the vipaka of that harm as well. I would guess the particular hell he is destined to reach will accept him on the baisis of his karma so far though.
So kinda along the lines of the inquisition. Burning them to save their souls. Interesting... :rolleye:
In his case, many thousands may die as long as he is alive to support their murder, and many will continue to suffer at his hands. His actions to date have been so harmful that I doubt he is destined for rebirth in paradise with a bevvy of virgin pussies unless he changes religion.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 pm

i will leave this here and retreat slowly...



#forgive me if it's already here.
Identities are false and not true

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 17682
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Grigoris » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:01 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 pm
i will leave this here and retreat slowly...

*media*

#forgive me if it's already here.
I recommend you run! :)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Garudavista
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Re: TRUCK FUMP

Post by Garudavista » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 pm
i will leave this here and retreat slowly...



#forgive me if it's already here.
Trump's third eye looks like a ketchup stain.

Post Reply

Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests