US diplomats fall sick in Cuba, China. A new weapon?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Dan74
Former staff member

US diplomats fall sick in Cuba, China. A new weapon?

Post by Dan74 »

Fortyeightvows

Re: US diplomats fall sick in Cuba, China. A new weapon?

Post by Fortyeightvows »

play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

A new conspiracy theory?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 pm A new conspiracy theory?
It's not a theory, US diplomats have been affected by this in both Cuba and China now, with the same symptoms in both places. There's been a couple of theories presented, but no confirmed answers so far.

This article goes in depth about some possibilities, written by a professor of computing, at the University of Kent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 84341.html

Another article: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 21919.html
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Who would ever believe people harming others that is just :rolleye:
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

amanitamusc wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:18 pm Who would ever believe people harming others that is just :rolleye:
Yeah, humans have always been kind towards other humans (and animals) throughout time and history. No conflicts have ever occurred.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Norwegian wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm
It's not a theory, US diplomats have been affected by this in both Cuba and China now, with the same symptoms in both places. There's been a couple of theories presented, but no confirmed answers so far.

This article goes in depth about some possibilities, written by a professor of computing, at the University of Kent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 84341.html

:alien: If it is a sonic weapon then it would affect everybody in the vicinity of the target since one cannot focus audio waves to that degree.

From the independent.co.uk article you quoted:
"Audible weapons include playing Bruce Springsteen and music from Barney & Friends​ at very loud volumes to enemy troops or those undergoing interrogation. But Barry Manilow also drives teenagers from shopping malls."

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:05 pm
Norwegian wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm

:alien: If it is a sonic weapon then it would affect everybody in the vicinity of the target since one cannot focus audio waves to that degree.
We may never know for certain what is the cause of these incidents. Given the reported symptoms, an audio related cause is likely – and if so, it is probably ultrasonic.

But the nature of ultrasound suggests that these cases are probably the result of surveillance rather than a deliberate “sonic attack”.
“Ultrasound is more directional than audible sound and infrasound. Ultrasound can be focused on a certain area,” says the University of Michigan report.
The theory that the incidents were due to malfunctioning devices and not staged attacks could explain why they only occurred in the homes of some diplomats and at two hotels in Havana, while not at the embassy.

“That cannot happen at the embassy in Havana because Cuban personnel are forbidden to enter higher floors,” where many diplomats have their offices, Cason said.
SunWuKong

Post by SunWuKong »

Reportage of "sonic attacks" on USA embassies is ancient news going back decades. This one has the aroma of fake news, I wonder what FOX News or Alex Jones has to say about it?
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

SunWuKong wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 am Reportage of "sonic attacks" on USA embassies is ancient news going back decades. This one has the aroma of fake news, I wonder what FOX News or Alex Jones has to say about it?
Fake news is fast becoming the catch phrase, an easy out for much of the science
that in some way threatens the far right including climate change.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:51 am Fake news is fast becoming the catch phrase, an easy out for much of the science
Thing is though, that there is actually plenty of fake news out there.

SunWuKong

Post by SunWuKong »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:51 am
SunWuKong wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 am Reportage of "sonic attacks" on USA embassies is ancient news going back decades. This one has the aroma of fake news, I wonder what FOX News or Alex Jones has to say about it?
Fake news is fast becoming the catch phrase, an easy out for much of the science
Top US security official targeted in Cuba Embassy covert ... - Infowars
https://www.infowars.com/top-us-securit ... -covert-at...

Sep 18, 2017 - At least 21 Americans have been targeted in the mysterious attacks ... U.S. Embassy in Havana was among those targeted by “sonic attacks,” ...

to Unravel Mystery of 'Sonic' Attacks on Diplomats - Infowars
https://www.infowars.com/u-s-officials- ... tery-of-so...

Sep 20, 2017 - U.S. Officials Express 'Urgent Need' to Unravel Mystery of 'Sonic' Attacks on ... affecting diplomatic personnel at the U.S. Embassy in Havana.”.

“Sonic weapon attacks” on U.S. Embassy don't add up — for anyone ...
https://www.salon.com/.../sonic-weapon- ... d-up-for-a...

Feb 21, 2018 - “Sonic weapon attacks” on U.S. Embassy don't add up — for anyone | Salon.com ... Alex Jones' vile take on Bourdain Rachel Leah · “No gays ...

The Alex Jones Show - Infowars.com - Alex Jones - 2018-May-23 ...
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/alex-j ... e/54604895

May 23, 2018 - Alex Jones breaks down new lawsuits waged against Infowars about Sandy ... in what appears to be a sophisticated audio attack using sonic waves. The American embassy's health alert instructed people to move away from ...

What did i tell you? It did come off of Alex Jones
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I was an army medic. I've seen a number of soldiers and contractors with symptoms of being hit with unconventional Russian weapons. It seems to cook neurons. The more dense the neurons the more severe the damage. So auditory hallucinations are common when your brain is cooking. The long term prognosis is terrible. Severe chronic pain, strong cognitive decline, autoimmune symptoms and chronic mild brain inflammation are the most common. Talking about it is a good idea. A lot of them didn't get pensions.

They can hit planes in flight with it so it is obviously not a physical sound. There are a few pet theories kicking around but the weapons would not be particularly hard to make. They are Russian after all and they aren't new. They are at least 30 years old. I suspect it's kept quiet so people don't make their own.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Well, if infowars is reporting it, then it must be the truth...

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Even a broken clock is right twice a day Greg. Having dealt with the people dealing with these injuries I hope it gets a high enough profile that they can get adequate medical treatment and pensions.
Natan

Post by Natan »

It’s not fake news. It’s a genuine mystery.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Nemo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:38 pm Even a broken clock is right twice a day Greg.
Not if it is an electronic clock and the display is broken. ;)

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Nemo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:08 am *media*
Complete and utter lunatics.

Return to “Lounge”