Will america reelect a wanna be dictator

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Minobu

Will america reelect a wanna be dictator

Post by Minobu »

So i ask you...did Trump show his true colors...

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... t-fox-news

will america reelect a wannabe dictator..

is this the real american way ?
CIA has said in the past sometimes it has to fool americans for their own good.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Will america reelect a wanna be dictator

Post by kirtu »

Minobu wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:09 pm is this the real american way ?
CIA has said in the past sometimes it has to fool americans for their own good.
The United States is an authoritarian, anti-intellectual and racist society. We can safely predict people being elected like Trump far into the future (just as we have had them throughout US history).

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren »

"Wanna be"???

Om mani padme hum
Kathy
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Trump's re-election depends entirely on whom the Dems put up. If they choose a feel-good knee-jerk progressive with all the politically correct opinions, then Trump will be re-elected for sure and we're all doomed. If the Dems get their heads out of a dark warm place and choose someone more middle-of-the-road, with good character and an honorable record of service, and not a member of the economic elite, they (and we) have a chance.
KathyLauren wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 am "Wanna be"???

/quote]

You ain't seen nothin' yet.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

tingdzin wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:13 am Trump's re-election depends entirely on whom the Dems put up. If they choose a feel-good knee-jerk progressive with all the politically correct opinions, then Trump will be re-elected for sure and we're all doomed. If the Dems get their heads out of a dark warm place and choose someone more middle-of-the-road, with good character and an honorable record of service, and not a member of the economic elite, they (and we) have a chance.
KathyLauren wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 am "Wanna be"???

/quote]

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Scary!
Last edited by amanitamusc on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

The leaning to the right is so strong i believe if Nixon were alive and
well he would give trump a run for his money as a Dem.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Minobu wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:09 pmwill america reelect a wannabe dictator..

is this the real american way ?
Which America?

There are effectively two now:

* Anti-Trumperica, Statue of Liberty vibe.
* Pro-Trumperica, Trump rally vibe.

The former will work to end Trumpocratic authoritarian regimes, like antibodies work to end an infection.
The latter will continue to support Trumpocracy no matter how far right it goes (except, perhaps, if it causes the economy to fail).

If the economy is strong leading up to 2020 and the Democrats haven't come up with a candidate with broad non-elitist appeal ... I fear the Trumps might continue to squat in the White House until 2024. Either way, Election 2016 was a huge turning point in USA political and cultural history.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

tingdzin wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:13 am...and not a member of the economic elite, they (and we) have a chance.
Trump is not a member of the U$ economic elite???
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Grigoris wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:03 pm
tingdzin wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:13 am...and not a member of the economic elite, they (and we) have a chance.
like all things Trump...he gets to just say he is not and others are and Voila..the people scream elitist to anyone other than trump..

the guy is a troll...everything he does in real life is like forum trolling...seriously ...his life is a twitter feed now...it's insane...

it , his life, has all the makings for a 2000 sci fi movie ..>>>..man goes insane from spending too much time online..everything becomes a forum post done by a troll...<<<<<

He just said yesterday that canadians are smuggling shoes across the border due to tariffs..He said Canadains scuff them up to look old...

first up there are no tariffs on american shoes...you have to pay tax on stuff you buy after a certain limit...and no one scuffs up new shoes...i mean it's a troll post said to the world on TV...

Now he is calling Canadians shoe smugglers.
Natan

Post by Natan »

As long as the economy is strong he will win.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:11 pm As long as the economy is strong he will win.
i often wondered how much the elected presidents and prime ministers etc. effect the economy.

i mean do they ride the shirt tails of the economy good and bad...

is it really the elected that fix or ruin economy's..
ALTHOUGH !!!!
right now i bet trump's cronies are having a field day on the stock market ..

i'm sure he is well aware his effect on wall street...selling and buying short is making people trillions..he calls for a tarriff on china...the next day everyone buys and sells short as the stock market tumbles.
i've heard it said one can make more money on a falling stock market in the short term(LOL) ...winkety wink.....wink.... :bow:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nope. Nouveaux riche slum lord who resents the cultural elites who have always dismissed him as inconsequential.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:11 pm As long as the economy is strong he will win.
As long as racism and violence are popular he will win.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:22 pm
Nope. Nouveaux riche slum lord who resents the cultural elites who have always dismissed him as inconsequential.
This is absolutely true. Much of Trumps' decision to run for President in the first place was to force the cultural elites to recognize him as one of their own. This is why the De Niro "frak Trump" thing hurt him so much. The old guard hate him because he is an utterly classless boor. I bet that when his taxes are made public knowledge we'll find he's been grossly inflating his wealth for ages.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Minobu wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:13 pm
i often wondered how much the elected presidents and prime ministers etc. effect the economy.

i mean do they ride the shirt tails of the economy good and bad...

is it really the elected that fix or ruin economy's..
ALTHOUGH !!!!
right now i bet trump's cronies are having a field day on the stock market ..

i'm sure he is well aware his effect on wall street...selling and buying short is making people trillions..he calls for a tarriff on china...the next day everyone buys and sells short as the stock market tumbles.
i've heard it said one can make more money on a falling stock market in the short term(LOL) ...winkety wink.....wink.... :bow:
I think Wall Street loves Trump. I feel the market has been on a record run in part because of optimism about his tax cuts and other stuff...
Natan

Post by Natan »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:34 pm
As long as racism and violence are popular he will win.
it's only 1/3 of the voters who elected him
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

No. He claims to be a real estate developer, but the real estate world does not know him and does not do business with him. His father was famous for never paying his bills on time, and he has carried on that family tradition. I would be surprised if his net worth now was much over a hundred million, which by NY standards is chickenfeed. He's basically a brand licensing business - he sticks his name on developments and gets paid a percentage. The only people who will bank him are Deutschebank, and it's well known that following his last bankruptcy he got back into the black by DB introducing eastern European wealth management clients to buy his residential property developments by lending them money against offshore assets - basically laundering money for Russian criminals. None of this is particularly secret, btw.

But if I was a gambler, I would bet on him to win again. Why?
1. The democrats are losers. They will field the candidate that they'd like to win rather than a candidate who can win.
2. Trump has delivered on everything the republican party's backers wanted - a massive campaign of gutting regulatory oversight in every possible industry. All the stuff about immigration, korea etc. is a distraction, this is what they wanted him to do, and he's done it, so they will stick with him
3. They still have a lot of federal judicial appointments to make, and several of the democratic wing of the supreme court are hanging on by a thread - a couple of those seats might come up in the next four years, and that's invaluable to the republicans
4. The republican base is going nowhere. All the negative news about trump actually reinforces their support for him, as it feeds the theory that he's a warrior against the elite liberal conspiracy. They really are that stupid. Moreover many are very reliable single-issue voters, and you will not see a democrat candidate equivocating on guns or abortion

The best hope now is that the democrats retake the senate. Then at least there's a stalemate for the next four years, and the republicans can't continue packing the courts with mediocre right-wing jurists who will litigate from the bench. (It's a profound irony that they always use that term to refer to centrist judges.)

Return to “Lounge”